First Love & Team Leader

His Missing Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ First Love & Team Leader

 

     

 

💍

            After they’ve asked Yunho several questions, Changmin and Yoochun went back to the police station – to conduct further investigation. “Park Gyeongsa-nim. There was something weird when I was checking the CCTV earlier.” Changmin said as he kept his focus on the road.

            “What is it?” Yoochun had his eyes glued on the files of paper in his hands. This case didn’t seem like a kidnapping case. Everything looks normal – no signs of struggle or anything weird in particular.

            “I’ve checked everything – the lock system and all but I found nothing abnormal.” Changmin paused, stepping on the brakes for the traffic light in front of him. “But the video footage from the security. It shows Kim Jaejoong exiting the premise a few hours before Jung Yunho returned to his home.”

            “So what about it?” Yoochun let out a sigh, completely uninterested with Changmin’s discovery.

            “The footage was from three days ago. And I checked again and confirmed that was the last time Kim Jaejoong entered the building. On that day, Kim Jaejoong went out a few hours before Jung Yunho came back. He came out again after several minutes only to return back home after three days – on the day he reported to us.” Changmin knows Yoochun thought this was just a simple runaway case but he can’t help it but felt suspicious with this whole thing.

            “Maybe he was just waiting for him to come home. That’s normal since there were no signs of struggle or break-in.” Yoochun continued, “But if you have more suspicions about this case, maybe we’ll go see Jung Yunho again later.”

💍

            Yunho hung his head low, he felt that the cops weren’t off any help at all. The fact that Jaejoong’s clothes were still there indicated that he didn’t have any intention of running away. Yunho heaved out a heavy breath, dissatisfied with their incompetence. They still have a long way to go, Yunho thought to himself.

            Yunho traced his fingers on Jaejoong’s clothes on the wardrobe. Jaejoong was always a neat and tidy person whereas he was the complete opposite. I miss you. Yunho went down to the basement parking lot. He stopped in front of a white sedan, his eyes were wet with tears. Memories of them flashed through his mind; all the happy moments and sad moments, their fights and reconciliation. This car held many of their past he wouldn’t ever forget.

            “What’s this?” Jaejoong asked as Yunho handed him a car key.

            “You’ll need this.” Yunho simply said, pushing the car keys into Jaejoong’s hands. Jaejoong was baffled by the sudden gift he didn’t know how to react. “Be careful driving this, okay?”

            “This car looks expensive.” Jaejoong paused. “No, I know it’s expensive. I can’t take this.” Jaejoong returned the keys to Yunho. He felt burdened to accept Yunho’s gifts – especially this car. He knows the car is costly – a thing he couldn’t afford even after years of saving up. Yunho has given him enough happiness already. Jaejoong wouldn’t ask for more.

            Yunho looked dejected. He really wanted to give this present to Jaejoong. It pains him to see the man he loved cooped inside their apartment – only to commute from home to work. He knows Jaejoong was saving up his money, not wanting to rely on Yunho’s wealth fully. He knows that but he just wanted Jaejoong to be happy.

            “Jaejoong…” Yunho paused. “I- I couldn’t find any meaning in life before I met you but because of you I finally felt alive. Please accept this.” Yunho stretched out his hand with the car keys in it, hoping Jaejoong would take it. The latter walked forward, giving Yunho a warm embrace.

            “Thank you, Yunho.” He wasn’t thankful for the car but for the words Yunho gave him. Those words were the most meaningful things he had ever received from anyone – that the reason for their life was him. Yunho felt alive because of him.

            Yunho sat inside the car, drinking in the scent of Jaejoong lingering in the car. The man had placed a photo of them together on the dashboard. In the picture, they looked so happy and blissful; linking arms with each other and locking fingers. The photo was taken during their first trip with the car. They went all the way down to Daegu to visit Daegu Arboretum. The sun was glistening, blanketing them in its warmth. The flowers bloomed, making the view of the landscape rich with colors and fragrance. They strolled on the boardwalk with their fingers locked. The view was really beautiful. Jaej

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter