Chapter 2

The "Hidden" Place

STILL TUESDAY

Right after my last class I went to the school's exit, eager to leave. Again there were no bullies around. Maybe they don't seek fun in me anymore or maybe they stopped. I hope it's both. I came out of the school and continued walking my way down the street to my house. I was almost home when a voice called. I stopped in my tracks.

"Chanyeol! Wait for me!" Baekhyun shouted and kept running. "W-why didn't you wait for me? Didn't we agree to w-walk together?" he asked breathlessly keeping his hands on his knees.
I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought maybe I out a little earlier when I was talking to him about the book and missed a few parts, but with Kris around I knew I was conscious  most of the time.

"B-but you didn't say anything. I wanted to ask you if I do the same as yesterday - call you when I have the time, but you ran away before I could ask or shout after you. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to offend you in any kind of way!" In panic, I started blabbering and apologizing, hoping he'd forgive me.

"Chanyeol! Stop apologizing for something you didn't do. I messed up, okey? I forgot to mention to you that I wanted to walk together with you today, but because I'm an idiot that wanted to drag you out in the middle of classes - I guess I just got embarrassed and ran away. I'm sorry." Guilt was written all over his face. His smile faltered a bit and his hand found the back of the neck.
No one could be mad at him.

"I-it's okey. I'm not mad at you. Especially since I almost killed you two times already." Laugh was heard from his side. But I actually did mean it.

"I'm glad then. Wouldn't want someone to hate me - especially if that someone is you." If I wasn't so insecure and shy, I would have kissed him right there and then. "Since we couldn't walk together today, how about tomorrow? Could we do that?" Oh no, not those eyes again. He isn't even doing anything and he's got me wrapped around his little beautiful finger.

"We could do that."

"Great!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So now we're here, exactly where we were yesterday. Only this time - we were on the bed.

"...and then I add plus five?" Baekhyun asked.

"Exactly!" I'm proud to say that he's improved a lot since yesterday. I can see that he studied.

"Thank you so much Channie! You're a miracle worker." he said excitingly and jumped slightly.

"You're welcome. Just keep practicing and you'll get better." I incurred him and stood up to clean the mess of worksheets.

"Amm do you mind if I use this time to apply eyeliner until you're done cleaning?" Byun asked while already pulling a tube of it out of his pocket.

"I don't mind. But don't you need to use a mirror or something?" I continued cleaning the mess without paying much attention to the stunning beauty sitting on my bed.

"No, not really. I've been using makeup on myself for years now. It's not that hard." He started doing his right eye first when he spoke again. " I'm going on a dinner date with Taeyeon and I want to look good since we're going to this fancy restaurant. Although I really just want to go to a normal one." I decided to ignore the slight pain at the mention of her name.
"Does it look good?" Baekhyun looked at me and blinked a few times. He already looked prettier and he only did one side.
Chanyeol, you're totally whipped.

"Yeah, good. How did you manage to do one so quickly?"

"I'm always quick with my right eye. It's the left that's going to be the problem." he explained and laughed. I remained silent while he continued. Everything was quite, which made the atmosphere awkward.
"You're going to prom right?" I freezed since I knew I couldn't lie to him. He would find out eventually about my messed up life.

"N-no." I hoped he would end it there, but luck wasn't on my side.

"What do you mean you're not going?" he asked in a high-pitched voice while still struggling with the tube of liquid.

"I don't have friends or a date to go with..." I trailed off and shyly looked back at him only to see all eyes on me. He stopped with the makeup too.

"Date...you aren't together with Kris, are you?" Recognition seemed to hit him. "I knew you would never be with such a jerk. But why are you pretending to be with him?"

"I-I don't really know. He just said that we should pretend to date since he would get cooler with his friends if they knew he was dating someone." Okey, not all of it was a lie. The first part was true, not knowing what this is really about. Then yes, the rest was a lie. He didn't seem convinced, but he let it slide.

"...okey. But what about you're friends, do you really not have any?" Guess it's time fore lying again.

"Well yes, I have friends...b-but they are not from my school."

"Oh...then I'm going to be your first friend from our school. And since I'm your friend, you can go to prom with Taeyeon and me." He smiled then again started applying eyeliner. I tried really hard to ignore the feeling of butterflies in my belly when he called me his friend for the first time.

"Thank you, but I think I'll pass. Dancing and sociolazing aren't really my thing." I said and scratched the spot behind my neck.

"That's okey. I won't push you into something you don't want to do." He giggled but it was proven to be a bad idea when he poked himself in the eye. "Ouch! Chanyeol, can you guide me?"

"Sure. Amm go a little to the left. No, no, no, my left. Yes. Then go to your right. No, not that much...a little less...no." I tried explaining it with my hands, but it wasn't working. So I did the next best thing. "Can I do it?" Where have I gotten this burst of confidence?

"Yeah, knock yourself out." He handed me the tube and I immediately went on the bed and scooted closer to him. I went on my knees so that I was hovering over him. I put my hand on his neck for better leverage. He flinched at the contact but visibly relaxed a minute later. I shakily started applying the black liquid on his closed eyelids. I was done in about five minutes.

"Okey, I'm done." He slowly opened his eyes. Now only did I notice, that when I was doing this, I leaned in a little closer to him. Now we were only inches apart. My hand that was previously on his neck, slipped to his right cheek. I could feel his hot breath hit my face. I wanted to back away but I couldn't. His eyes were pulling me into the deepest oceans way under the bottom of the sea. He didn't look away either. Our bodies wouldn't move. "Baekhyun...even though I'm not with Kris...it doesn't mean I'm not homoual. I don't want you to feel disgusted by me." I quietly said to him fearing for my life. I didn't know if he'll still want to be my friend after this.

"That's okey." he breathed out. "I don't mind because I'm not straight either." He chuckled after seeing my ugly shocked face. "Did you think I would be straight, after wearing eyeliner Yeol? I'm biual." He was still whispering, like he was afraid of someone hearing him.
There was this heartwarming feeling in my gut, knowing that he was attracted to guys too. But then everything came crashing down on me as I remembered I'm a nobody, I get bullied, I'm a nerd and that he has a girl he loves and if I can't control myself I can cost him that loving girlfriend.
I violently jumped away, landing on ths floor. Not a good decision.

"Oh my God...are you okey!?" Baekhyun gof off the bed and went to me. I stood up, so that he didn't have to come closer.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine, I just remembered I forgot to do my science homework." I know I shouldn't be lying, but I can't tell him I almost kissed him either.

"Gosh you scared me, you idiot." He punched me slyly. "Then you better get started with your homework, wouldn't want you to get in trouble. Besides, I gotta go pick up Taeyeon."

"Yes you should, you don't want to keep her waiting. So...see you tomorrow?"

"Yup." He went to the door and waved at me. "See you Channie." When the door almost closed, I called out to him.

"Baekhyun, can you keep the Kris thing just between us, please?"

"My lips are sealed."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


WEDNESDAY

The next day I was already on my way to school. 
I was happy I could finally talk to Baekhyun now that we established a friendship. My first friend is my first love. Hmm peculiar.
I excitedly kept on walking to school, when I heard footsteps following me closely behind. Thinking they were the usual idiots, I ignored it. Oh, what a big mistake.
I was harshly grabbed by the back of my backpack and pinned to the nearest wall.

"Did you miss me sweet cheeks?" Kris sweetly asked which didn't match his actions at all. My spine hurt by the hard impact, but I decided not to show it because I didn't want to see him satisfied. He didn't seem to like my lack of response so he bit me on the collarbone. I whimpered due the pain. A wicked smirk played on his lips. There was a bite mark and blood oozing out of the bite. "I heard you've been tutoring Baekhyun." he said while nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck. I have never felt more disgusted in my entire life. "You better stop seeing him or else-"

"Or else what!?" I interrupted him. Not clever. He punched me in the stomach. I lost my breath for a moment. The pain was excruciating. " Don't you dare mess with my patience puppy. You know damn well what I'm capable of and I won't hesitate on showing it to you again! Just make sure you stay clear of that Byun kid or else I'll kick the out of you. Or better yet...him." He kissed me on the neck before letting me go completly. He walked away without a glance. I better stay far from Baekhyun - for his own good and mine.


I managed to dodge him everywhere today. He didn't see me in the act so that's a plus. But it's going to be sooner or later I'll have to face him. It was the end classes and this was the time me and him agreed on to meet for the walk to my house. So I knew he was going to wait for me somewhere so I had to quicken my step. I was walking through the hallway when I heard his angel voice calling for me. It was really hard to ignore him, but I somehow managed. Until he spun me around to face him.

"Yah Park Chanyeol, why are you ignoring me?! And didn't we agree to walk home together?" He was looking into my eyes as if he was searching for answers on his questions.

"Look Baekhyun... I think we shouldn't be friends. I'll just ruin your reputation and I don't want to bring you down. Let's just go to Miss Choi and ask her if somebody could rep-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence since I was grabbed by the shoulders and roughly pinned to the lockers with an amazing force. What's with pinning me to things today?
I didn't register anything at first with my wrists up against the locker, held by dainty hands and a body pressing tightly against mine.

"No one is going to replace you, because I want you and only you as my tutor, got that?! And what's that about ruining my reputation...that's just bull! Tell me who is doing this to you?! Who is telling you crap like that?! Are you being freaking bullied?!" With every single question, Baekhyun's hold tightens and his body presses into mine. I could feel the sting in my back but I ignored it.

"No one is telling me this! I'm not being bullied, I just know what will happen if you hang out with me! You'll get hate!! Everyone is going to despise you! And it'll be all my fault!"

"I choose with who I want and with who I don't want to hang out with! And if they have a problem with that then them! Do you actually think I give a for some damn reputation?! Well I don't...and all of them who do, can shove it up their ! I wan't to be friends with you and no one's going to stop me from being that!" he growled at me and I didn't know if this was even Baekhyun. I have never seen this side of him and it was making me slightly scared. Baekhyun seemed to notice and slyly realesed his hold on me. But still not letting go. "Tell me Chanyeol...tell me what this is really about. I need to know." he continued softly after that outburst. Everything felt so surreal. The hands, the bodies...Baekhyun. I can't let him get hurt.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you, that's all." When I said those words, his eyes were staring at me - looking for the truth in them.

"I believe you, but it doesn't mean I'm going to listen to you. I will keep on hanging out with you, whether you like it or not. I can take care of myself." Without even waiting for my reply, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the school.


And now here we are laying on my bed next to eachother facing the ceiling while he keeps asking questions about me.

"...-favourite colour?"

"Green."

"Red." he replied with his answers too. "Favourite animal?"

"Puppy." He faced me and smiled.

"Mine too." I laughed because he didn't know the puppy I was referring to, was him.
"Favourite place to get away from the world?" My smile froze. This is usually where I would say 'I don't have it' or some other lame excuse, but with him I felt like I couldn't say that. I have never told a person about my hidden place let alone showed it. And I still feel like no one's ever going to see or change that. But I at least trust Baekhyun enough to just tell him about it...but not today. I won't show it to him...because for all I know he could just be playing with me. I need proof he's worthy of it.

"I'll tell you another time."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


THURSDAY

I was waiting for Baekhyun to come out of the exam room. I already got mine back. I got 92%. That's the worst I have ever done on an exam. And I'm happy! I don't feel like the biggest nerd who get's a hundred on all tests. But I am worried for Baekhyun. The exam was hard and if I didn't do the greatest, how did he do then? I hope he at least past.

The exam room opened and out came Byun with the biggest smile on his face. He ran into me and did the most unexpected thing. He hugged me with all his might. I stayed still. I was processing the information that he was hugging me. He was hugging me!! His body against mine felt so good. Like it was ment to be there. But just when I was about to wrap my arms around him too, he pulled away.

"Uh sorry I got carried away." He smiled apologetically and blushed. But that quickly faded. "Look Channie, I got an A, 98%!! I'm so happy!!" He jumped excitedly. This time I didn't hesitate. I hugged him just like he did earlier. He flinched a little at the contact and surprise. I immediately wanted to let him go at the seen that he was uncomfortable, but small hands wrapping around my back prevented me from doing that. "And it's all thanks to you Chan." His voice was muffled by my chest but I understood him perfectly.

"I'm so proud of you Baek!" I didn't notice the nickname that escaped from my lips until he pulled away.

"Baek? Did you just call me Baek?" He seemed totally shocked and amused by my slip.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to, it just came out! I promise I won't ever ca-"

"I like it. A lot." he interrupted and smiled wholeheartedly. "I wan't to show you something. Follow me."
I watched him walk down the hall until I remembered I had to follow him. I was beside him again. We walked for about two minutes and then stopped at...the janitors closet?
Baekhyun entered and soon after so did I. Everything was dark, there were no lights. I kept thinking that this was it. This was were they were going to find my dead body. But then suddenly there was a door opening. Baekhyun stood by that door and waited for me to get in. "You coming or what?" he teasingly said and motioned with his hands at the opening.


I stepped inside and was amazed by the sight. There were huge mirror's and chairs around the large room. In the middle there was a black piano. I walked around the 'so called' practice room.

"This is amazing." I couldn't hold my excitement.

"Do you remember yesterday when we talked about hidden places?" I nodded. "Well this is my place to get away from the world. This is where I spend most of my time when I want to let my feelings out. Frustration, happiness, achievements and sadness. This is where I don't have to smile all the time. I can be me here." he said and walked his way to the bench behind the piano and patted the space next to him. 

"And how did you even find this room?" I made my way to the bench and sat down. He kept gazing at the piano and slowly touching the keys as he spoke again.

"It happened four months ago, when I was helping the janitor clean his closet and I came across this door. The janitor told I could come whenever I want, so I did. Later in about a month, he came up to me with the keys of the room and said 'Don't forget to clean it once in a while.' and than left. I'm so grateful to him that he trusts me enough to give it to me." he started playing the piano. "I've been working on a song for a long time and I finally finished it." The melody of the piano felt beautiful but then he started singing and blew my mind away.

             I may seem strong, I may be smiling
        But there are many times when I’m alone
         I may seem like I don’t have any worries
                          But I have a lot to say
            The moment I first saw you, I was so         
                              attracted to you
          I didn’t weigh out my thoughts and just
                                      talked

                           The answer is you
                            My answer is you
                  I showed you my everything
        You are my everything, because I was so
                                      sure

         I should’ve been more careful should've
                               saved myself        
                      So I wouldn’t get heart
         I’ve never felt like this before, like my breath
                                would stop
             
             My head is filled with thoughts of you
             Your face, the sound of your laughter

                 The answer is you (That is you)
                   My answer is you (Only you)
                   I showed you my everything
    You are my everything, because I was so sure


             I couldn’t say that I’ve waited for you
                   So I’m writing then erasing                          Being curious about your day takes up all of my day

                 I’ll wait for you, you you you
                   Open your heart, you you
                      I can’t help my heart
                     You are my everything
                     It’ll be forever, my love

                           (Oh I’m nothing)
        Don’t leave, just let me stay by your side
               (Just let me stay by your side)
   No matter how much I think about it (oh it’s you)
                          Because it’s you
                                  It’s you
                                  It's you


He finished and looked at me. "I dedicated that song for my inspiration." My heart broke into a million pieces.

"Taeyeon?" I asked although I knew the answer. He chuckled and  seemed...disappointed?

"Yeah Taeyeon." He faced me and put his index finger under my chin and pulled it up, since I was looking at the ground. "Do you know that only me and you know about this place beside the janitor?"

"Then...why did you show it to me?" I was pretty confused about the whole situation.

"Because I want to get you to trust me Chanyeol. I want to show you that I trust you and that I'll be there no matter what. I want to get to know you more. Not just favourite animals...I want to know your life story and everything about you." I felt my heart melt. The things he said made me trust him more and more...but not enough yet. So I decided to show him only a part of me. I closed my eyes and went into my world.

  Hello angel You are like a painting, when I look to                            the sky I can only see you
    City street lights when the lights go out and the                      moon disappears, it’s still bright
     Because you are the star that the sky dropped

             I laugh for some reason, every night
            I close my eyes but I can’t fall asleep
               I stay up all night in your thoughts
            Your bright smile makes me breathe
                          You you are probably
             Hiding your wings behind your back
      Anyone can see that you are my only angel
                        I can fly if I am with you

                    The sky gave you everything
                   And the world gave you to me
   I will keep you by my side so you can’t run away to                                         the sky
     I will capture you, I will cage you, I will hold you

  Hello angel You are like a painting, when I look to                           the sky I can only see you
     City street lights when the lights go out and the                     moon disappears, it’s still bright
     Because you are the star that the sky dropped
                                 That is you

                 She says don’t casually casually
                     Jokingly say that I’m pretty
               Hold me more warmly like a blanket
  Stay by my side, unchanging just like the beginning
         I’ll be together with you who I would always                                              imagine
   I would do anything if we can be together forever
   I hope that I will never wake up if this is a dream
           And I just wanna know your every day

                  The sky gave you everything
                 And the world gave you to me
      I will protect you so your heart isn’t broken or                                          cracked
                I promise that I will live for you

  Hello angel You are like a painting, when I look to                           the sky I can only see you
   City street lights when the lights go out and the                       moon disappears, it’s still bright
    Because you are the star that the sky dropped

                  The fanciest jewel in the sky
                   Can’t be as dazzling as you
          Don’t go far away Baby won’t you stay
                 I will love you until whenever

   Hello angel You are like a painting, when I look to                        the sky I can only see you
   City street lights when the lights go out and the                       moon disappears, it’s still bright
     Because you are the star that the sky dropped
                                   That is you


I opened my eyes and faced Baekhyun. He had a suprised face and a gawking mouth.

"I know I'm not the best singer and that it would be bett-"

"It's was perfect. Every single part of it."

Only if you knew, who the song was about.

____________________________________________________

I will try to write Part 3(the final) as soon as possible.👌