Chapter 1

Black Orb

Jun Hui's POV

The morning breeze felt calming brushing against my skin. The atmosphere is so calming that it felt surreal. I open my eyes and was greeted with the beautiful scenery of the forest. The forest has a beauty that one could imagine as it is enchanted. It is to bad that no one dared to enter as they are afraid at what is beyond the so called enchanted forest. Something dangerous and un-imaginable.

I jump down from the tree that I had been resting upon. I leisurely walk back to the hideout while swinging our dinner in my hand. " I hope she like deer meat. She seriously need to eat something and put some fat in those skinny body of hers. Aishh this girl." I mumble silently to myself.

It's been 10 years since the tragedy that occurred to the city that we used to live in. We have moved out of the city as it is destroyed completely. Beside the two of us, there is no one survived and are still healthy. The others that survived didn't last long as the also died from the unknown illness that spread throughout the city. The air was filled with chemicals from the factories that was destroyed that people barely able to breath properly without the help ot the oxygen mask. 

I sighed as the past memory flash to my mind again. I began fasten my steps as I saw that I am nearing our hideout. I knock on the tree five time with a different rhythm and soon the secret stairway that leads inside appeard on the ground. I decend the stair and walked further inside as I reach the bottom and make my way to the kitchen. 

" I'm back!" I shout and was greeted with silence. I sighed for the uptenth time. " Seriously guys? The least you could do is greet me back and not ignore me!" I yelled frustrated with the people I am living with. 

" You don't need to yell you know. We can completely hear you the first time," Yoona said boringly. She emerged from her room just around the corner. The others follow suit from their own respective room. 

" Whatever Yoona." I said as I rolled my eyes while I put the deer meat away. " Where's Choa?" I asked and Ara point at the hallway that leads to one room. Yun Hui's room. I nod and make my way there. I knock on the door and heard a faint 'come in' from inside.  I push open the door and walk through the room to the mini library in the room. There I saw Choa sitting on the single sofa with a book in her hand. " Where is she?" Choa only nod her head at the bathroom door. 

" When did she woke up? " I asked Choa as I took a sit opposite of her. " She woke up a little before you came back," Choa anwered still without lifting her head up. I noded and laid back on the chair. We sat there in silence minding our own business as the door to the bathroom opened and in came Yun Hui fully clothed.

" You're back," she said with her usual poker face that had been permanent since 10 years ago. " Yeah, just came back from hunting," I said with a small smile. It's been 5 years since she woke up after the incident. Ever since she woke up the Yun Hui I known change completely into the way she is now. It's like she is a stranger that I have never met before. I was shocked and confused when she woke up for the first time. But as time past by I eventually started to get used to her change. I had long accepted that we can no longer went back to the way we were before. 

" Good for you," she replied and I was brought back to reality after she said that. I watch her as she make her way to her bed and sit the wile combing her long black hair. I waited for awhile before I slowly head my way to the door to go outside as I am not needed there. Before I reach for the doorknob I heard she called my name and I tunrned around. 

" There are threats coming our way. You should  prepare yourself to face them. The others already know about it." She spoke calmly. " Why?  We can handle them just like we used to like the others that we have face before. Why bother to prepare ourselves?" I asaid skepticaly. " These new threats is not like the one that we have faced before. They are far more strong and dangerous. Never let your gourd down. We don't know what they are capable of. Yet." she warned me. I stood there in silence and noded slowly. I then walked out as I had been dismiss after our short conversation. 

I sighed the moment I closed the door. I missed the way we used to hang out together as sister. I missed the time where we play without a care about anything. I missed her.

I sighed yet again and make my way to my own room. My mind rewind back to the conversation I had just now with Yun Hui. 'New threats huh?  Wonderful. Don't worry sister I will never let anyone  hurt you as long as I am alive.'