The Lost Doe

The Destiny String (In Temporary Hiatus)

Yoona stepped inside her new classroom – Class 10A – and sneaked a look around.

 

A totally strange environment, with no one to regard as acquaintance. Yoona heard people talking about her, but quickly ignored. She was here to make friend, not to be a topic of ugly gossip.

 

Yoona advanced toward a table, where a girl were sitting, preoccupied with her notebook. The girl possessed a light brown straight hair that went to her shoulders, as well as a chubby and gentle face.

 

“Hello, I am Im Yoona.”

 

The girl looked up, confused for a few seconds before tugging her own lips upward to form a friendly smile. “Hello, uhm…Yoona-shi, I am Kim Seohyun.”

 

“Very nice to meet you, Seohyun-sshi. Please take care of me from now on.” Yoona winked playfully. Seohyun turned red in embrassment suddenly, mumbling incoherently.

 

“Please…please take care of me as well.”

 

Yoona secretly made her judgements. A girl who stayed true to her outward appearance, gentle, shy, naïve. From the way the girl answered, Yoona could conclude that she is timid and reluctant to accost other people. Yoona wished that she could keep her little pure friendship with Seohyun. Something worth treasured, Yoona mused, as the Lee brothers was slowly destroying her, well, innocence.

 

Yoona asked about Seohyun’s old schools. At first, she was still awkward, but slowly warmed up to catch up with Yoona’s enthusiasm. After a few minutes, these two girls had already chat about their first impression of Hang Ah High School, and…global warming (suprisingly, for Yoona at least). Seohyun was a strict and disciplined, but comfortable, while Yoona was more lively and outgoing. But Yoona thought that she and Seohyun could get along just fine, since they gossiped about almost everything until unwillingly stopped as the teacher walked in.

 

Yoona, upon seeing the students could choose their own seats, proposed to be Seohyun’s deskmate. And on the other side of their desk was someone…quite familiar. The same arrogant attitude, must be the guy speaking the boring speech just then. Seohyun sitting beside that guy quite resembled a crystal clear glass and a black bottle of toxic. Yoona knew she should not judge based on appearance, but she could not help tagging this black hair boy a word “DEVIL”.

 

The boy swiftly casted a glance toward Yoona’s direction in the most indifferent way before yawning and making his desk a pillow to sleep, while the form teacher were gathering all energy to make a “small party between students and teacher” for the class.

 

“Seohyun-shii, do you know that guy?” Yoona whispered, her long finger pointing at the sleeping devil.

 

“You mean Kyuhyun? He is my neighbor.” Seohyun whispered back.

 

“Oh so you two knew each other since childhood hah? What do they call that, childhood besties?”

 

“Uhm, I think so.”

 

The two girls kept whispering back and forth throughout the lecture. Yoona knew much more about Seohyun, like she was the only child in her faimly, and so was Kyuhyun, so their parents let them study and play together up until now. Seohyun was extremely polite, insisting on using honorifics when talking. Yoona was quite surprised that Seohyun found her hard to make friends with, because whenever she passed by Yoona, she could heard people gossiping about “the new girl is very pretty”. Yoona, in return, shared with Seohyun stories about Leeteuk and Donghae, but never revealing that they were her adopted brothers. She did not talk anything about her family at all, actually. After all, they just knew each other….

 

“Renggggg~~~~”

 

The bell rang throughout the long corridor. It was nine o’clock in the morning, and they were having their thirty minute break before the third periods. The black hair devil struggled to stretch his body and sit probably on the chair. He turned to look briefly at Seohyun, then walked outside the class with his hands in his jeans pocket. Seohyun hastily ran after, holding two boxes in her hands. Yoona guessed these were their breakfast.

 

That guy was so much, forcing the little girl to make him breakfast and then displaying such an ungrateful attitude. Did he mistake that he was a princess? Oh, not really, he must be a prince. But anyway, poor Seohyun for having him as a childhood bestfriend, that guy was surely unbearable. Leeteuk and Donghae were annoying, but at least they doted on Yoona the most, never ordering her around. Mentioning their names, Yoona wondered what those two were doing.

 

And one minute later, Yoona found her answer. The door to her classroom bursted open due to some strangely excited kicks, and two heads sneaked in.

 

“Little sister, where are you? We are missing you so much we just want to die already!”

 

“What are you doing here, oppa?” Yoona faked a cold façade.

 

No one bothered to answer, as Leeteuk grasped Yoona’s right arm, Donghae the left one, and pulled her out of the class, in a very kipnapping style under the broad day light, just before the eyes of all students in class 10A. They did not even care that Yoona was screaming to release her.

 

“What are you two doing? Release me NOW, or I’ll tell mom.” Yoona continued to threaten, but sadly, no one cared.

 

“Calm down, Yoong-ahh. We are not going to bite you. We are all full from the breakfast.” Donghae smiled brightly, despite the flagrant glare he was receiving.

 

“Yoong is so thin, I do not think she is delicious. Better bite you, Donghae.” Leeteuk joined.

 

Oh great, Yoona could spell an incoming (and intense) word battle between the brother. The event was taking a turn, and Yoona needed to find an instant way out, if she did not want to experience the aftermath result.

 

“Teukie oppa, Donghae oppa, let me go…hurt…my arms were aching…hic hic.” Yoona faked a pitiable crying scene. This was the only effective way to catch the brothers’ attention back to their little sister.

 

Leeteuk and Donghae immediately stopped and released their holds on her hands, mouth shooting out every apologies available.

 

“Yoong-ahh, oppa never mean it. Just that that boy kept dragging you, and I could not stop him…”

 

They were indeed brother, making the same excuse. Yoona smiled secretly, but outside appeared to be pouting in pain.

 

“Leeteuk oppa, where do you want to drag me to?”

 

“Obviously, to introduce you the school. Being escorted by the two hot boys over here, you should feel overwhelmingly grateful.” And there burst Leeteuk’s egotism. Out of little respect (left) for the eldest, Yoona and Donghae chose to bite their inner cheek not to burst our laughing.

 

Leeteuk and Donghae pulled Yoona through many corridors paved with sunlight, mouth kept talking: “So this is the lab”, “Music room, perfect place to get a nice nap.”, “This is the WC. Don’t step on the female, wait, male one okay?” (great, they did not even bother remembering that SHE was a GIRL). And so they went passed many classrooms, which Yoona did not even peak in. She just noticed a lot of jealous eyes directed at her backs. Maybe Leeteuk was not exaggerating about their popularity after all…

 

A guy, who seemed to know Leeteuk oppa, stopped to greet the brothers before acknowledging Yoona:

 

“Hello, Yoona-ssi.”

 

Yoona was taken aback. She did not recall meeting this guy ever before, so how on earth could he find out her name?

 

“Good morning, but how could sunbae…”

 

“…Know your name? Through out this whole three years, everyday Leeteuk walks in and brags about how cute, how pretty his sister is, and even shows your picture to all his classmates.” The guy cheekily smiled, eyeing Leeteuk, who seemed not be embarassed that his secret was out.

 

“So, I am not wrong, right? My sister is soooo cute, how can I not dote on her a lot, Yoong-ahh?” Leeteuk pinched her cheek affectionately, leaving her jumped in surprise, while he himself received a lazer glare.

 

“Oh, I forget to introduce. I am Kangin, Leeteuk’s classmate. I have things to do right now, so see you all later.” Kangin bid his goodbye. “Don’t ditch the next class, Teukkie.”

 

“Goodbye, Kangin sunbae.” Yoona bowed politely. Kangin sunbae was indeed very friendly.

 

Wating for Kangin to disappear after the turn at the end of the corridor, Yoona turned to mumbling angrily to Leeteuk. “Oppa!!!! Why did you say so? Oppa what have you gossiped about me?” Each sentence she finished was a hit aimed brutally at Leeteuk’s shoulder.

 

“Oppa just want to show how cute my sister is to everyone, why do you have to be all angry like that? Take care, or else you will marry no one.” Leeteuk massaged his aching shoulder.

 

“I do not need anyone! I am leaving now.” Yoona turned her back to walk away, leaving Leeteuk with a guilty pout and Donghae with shaking legs, as he spent the last few minutes laughing.

 

But five seconds later, Yoona abruptly stopped, turned around, face shadowed with hesitance. Leeteuk and Donghae wondered what transformed this female lion into a confused little doe?


”What’s the matter, Yoong?” Donghae finally regained his breath after laughing hard.

 

“I do not know the way back to my class.” Yoona pleaded, puffing her cheek.



A/N: So the first impression between our one potential couple is not very good, neh? Introduce new character Seohyun. So Seohyun and Kyuhyun knew each other for a long time, sure there must be something eh? *spoiler*. And it's cute that Leeteuk is super proud of Yoona LOL. Anyway, please COMMENT, pretty please? I am quite sad that the reception of the last two chapters is quite bland :( So tell me what you think about this chapter okay?