A New School Day

The Destiny String (In Temporary Hiatus)

“Mother, we’re leaving for school.” The three chanted together before stepping out of the house.

 

A familiar scene usually took place in front of the blue house number 13 was once again displayed – Leeteuk and Donghae played a silly game “rock, paper, scissor” to decide who would take Yoona to school in his bycircle. The only difference was that, they did not have to turn to the secondary school anymore, as Yoona had finally become a high school student.

 

“If you are a man, you have to form a rock.” Leeteuk declared to his younger brother.

 

“You, too. You have to show your fist.”

 

“One…two…three.”

 

And it turned out that none of the two was a real man.

 

“Are you not a man? Why showing your palm like a girl?”

 

“And you are not, either. You formed a scissor!”

 

“Because I’m too manly. Baby brother, being lenient to your enemy is not the way of a man.”

 

The Lee brothers started their morning with their continuous and endless quarrel. Only poor Yoona was left behind, never knowing when her life at school would turn out peacefully. She definitely did not want to entangle her whole high school days with the naught of the brothers.

 

Various of different kinds of trees lined up along the sidewalks, painting the sky with bright and lively colours that Yoona could not name. The wind caressed the cheeks of a lady, as gently as a peek, before leaving to chase after yellow flower petals falling carelessly on the ground.

 

Autumn in Seoul was not cold, not gloomy, not withering and lifeless, for a lot of flowers were willing to atmostphere nicely.

 

Neglecting the senseless argument of the boys, Yoona tilted her head up to gaze at the flying petals, hoping that she could grasp and put them into her pocket. She would surely gather a lot, a lot of those flowing yellow clouds to lit up her cold home, to transform it into a house full of sunshine, for once.  

 

HangAh High School grudually appeared as the wheels cycled forth quickly, as Leeteuk was having a mini race with Donghae.

 

Yoona felt very nervous. She would have to make new friends, a lot of friends, then they would meet up to gossip, to hang out, as high school students. And she would meet her brother, her biological one who also attended this school. She did not know if she should greet him “Oppa, long time no see.” or just pretend that she did not see him pass by. He would not notice her, anyway. They lived on the same house but never uttered more than three words with each other. She sighed…

 

“Yoong-ah, we are here. Don’t tell me you are stuck to the saddle, we won’t bring you down.” Donghae, who had jumped down the bike since forever, turned around to threatened Yoona, with a fallacious radiant smile on his lips.

 

The three brothers stepped into the hallroom, but each was assigned a different area to sit. Leeteuk and Donghae took Yoona to the area reserved for freshmen, then they themselves hastily turned to their own classes. Yoona was quick enough to see the admiring stares the female seniors directed toward her two brothers as they passed by. They must be very popular here. Poor the seniors, they had chose wrong people.

 

“We would like to invite the representative of freshmen on stage to present the opening speech.”

 

The booming voice from the micro disrupted Yoona’s thoughts. She turned her head up as high as possible to see the student with the highest score. She wondered if it was a he with thich glasses, thin arms and timid eyes, or a severely serious she.

 

Not allowing Yoona to imagine any more about himself, a tall boy stood up and stepped forward the stage. The freshmen, and even the entire school felt amazed. No glasses, not timid and gentle appearance, this boy had a thick black hair and a nonchalence attitude, as he “recited” his speech with a boring voice.

 

“I am honored to represent the new students of our school to send our best wishes to teachers and seniors…”

 

He was indeed very handsome, with a tinge of arrogance. But Yoona was immune to good-looking men a long time ago, since her biological and adopted brothers, all were very handsome themselves. She had looked at them all day without any unnatural emotions, had witnessed ridiculous habbits of “the grow-up boys” to the point that she did not feel exciting to see any creatures of the opposite .

 

“Thank you for listening.” The boy sluggishly finished his speech and went down the stage.

 

The hall burst into standing ovation. Sure enough, after this speech, the new boy would collect for himself a considerable number of fans.

 

Yoona, following the instruction of the teacher to go and see her class, caught Donghae smiling at her direction. Eunhyuk, Donghae’s close buddy, was also waving his hand to welcome her, the other arm wrapped arouund her brother’s shoulder. Yoona waved back in greeting, before turning to search for Leeteuk but failed to distinguish him between hundreds of heads.

 

And it then began, Yoona’s life at school with all the ups and downs.

 


A/N: Drama is coming, babe!!!! And the tall boy, who is he? kkkkk. Sr for the late update. I've just come back from  a long holiday in Russia. ^^ Now it's time for some business. And stupid AFF does not let me update the title picture for this chapter, although I have taken some nice photos from flickr