Chapter 4: That happy family is actually not mine

The Destiny String (In Temporary Hiatus)

 

6 Years Later….

 

 

 

Light feet traced the pavement in quite steps. It was nearly 7 in the morning. The sky was tainted with opaque veneer of fog.

 

“Mommy, I’m here.” Yoona smiled at the sight of a forty-year-old woman, who was definitely not her biological mother.

 

“Oh you have come already? Those two kids must be busy fighting with Superman and Pikachu in their dreams, still. Could you yank their hair awake for me?” Mrs. Lee remained the same after so many years, gentle and caring with Yoona, but very violent and ruthless to her own sons.

 

“Yoona, here you are! You look so much like a lady in your new high school uniform. Really beautiful, just like your mother back then.” Mr. Lee put his newspaper down to welcome Yoona warmly.

 

“Ya, this old man, stop joking around. I don’t want the kids to laugh at us!” Mrs. Lee sounded as if she does not approve of his compliments, but she still averted her loving glance towards her husband.

 

Yoona smiled. “Father is right. You must a beauty back then!”

 

“Oh you should not flatter me like that. I cannot handle both of you anymore, better go and prepare breakfast.”

 

“Hey, Donghae. Don’t you think that family is such happy?” A sleepy Leeteuk made a sudden appearance, never forgetting to deliver a few sarcastic speeches.

 

“And here I thought that we had slept in a wrong house. A stranger must expect that we are a pair of adopted sons.” Donghae caught his brother’s joke right away.


“Stop talking nonsense and get dressed instantly! Bring your butts back here in ten minutes or else you both will go to school with empty stomachs.” Mrs. Lee changed her mood the minute she glared at her sons.


“TEN MINUTES? Do mama think that I am a robotic human, who can push a button for clothes?” Donghae let his thoughts slip right pass his tongue before he even realized what danger he was facing.

 

“5 minutes!” A cold voice carried the short reply.

 

Seeing they had no chance to argue, the guys hastily disappeared from their mother’s sights, leaving behind Yoona, who was too entertained by their morning jokes to stop laughing.

 

Yoona, now, had really become a member of this family, as if this house, instead of the usually cold and lonely home, was actually hers. She receive amorous adoration from a caring mother, a gentle father and a pair of humorous brothers. She felt so happy at that moment! Yoona, in her heart, prayed her thankful gratitude to destiny for leading her here, for letting her meet all these wonderful people- who had undoubtedly brought sunlight to her life.

 

5 minutes had passed. Yoona was helping Mrs Lee frying the last egg for breakfast. She heard the thunderous noise coming from the staircase, signaling the reapparance (at last) of Leeteuk and Donghae. They turned their noses towards their mother, with Leeteuk’s head still messy and Donghae’s face tainted with soap.

 


After all these years, things changed, but their positions in the house definitely did not. How unlucky to be men!

 

“Leeteuk oppa, here is your dish: eggs and extra ketchup and maiyonaise.” Yoona gracefully put the still hot dish in front of Leeteuk.

 

“Thanks, Yoong. You look more and more like a girl now, ha?” Leeteuk seized this chance to attack his favorite target of teasing.

 

“Hey, what do you mean? I’m a girl.”

 

“Wow, that’s amazing. How comes we did not know? So sneaky, Yoong-ah.” Donghae chimed in.

 

“YAAA! Behave yourselves and eat breakfast.” Yoona screamed out in defense.

 

How could Yoona put up with these two brothers. They were always bickering and quarelling, but when it came to teasing Yoona, they are their number one accomplice. The kind of affection they showed to their “lovely” sister was so annoyingly bizarre that Yoona could hardly know how to repress her anger.

 

“Yoona, do not bother minding them. Finish your dish quickly or else you’re late for school. I’m taking care of them later.” And everybody knew that a punishment had been officially announced.

 

Leeteuk and Donghae both felt a cold electricity shot through their spines. Oh mama, please do not perform favoritism.


 

A/N: So sorry that I could not keep my promise to update in time. But here's one. So, say goodbye to "innocent" the three and welcome to full time ROMANCE. Ahhh my fav part of the story is coming. To reply for comments under, yes, Kyu baby is COMINGGGGG.