Chapter 2: Younger Sister

The Destiny String (In Temporary Hiatus)

Umma led Yoona in the house, never forgot to throw her two sons a deadly glare. “Come in now! Don’t stand outside, unless you want some punishment!”

 

 

Of course, they did not dare to struggle, sloppily followed their umma’s steps, feeling as if they were a kimbab roll, ready to be chopped. It was very likely so, they thought. They would be stretched like a piece of seaweed with drops of salt all over their bodies, stuffed with bulgogi, rolled over and cut into pieces.

Their face turned green all of the sudden, daring themselves to think anymore.

 

 

Umma dried their hair, and conveniently, she tied for Yoona a lovely braided hairstyle.

 

“Your name is Yoona, right? What a cute name, very much suits its owner! I have always wanted a daughter, but gave birth to these two destructive boys…” Caressing Yoona’s cheeks, she continued. “Oh look, big round eyes, a little nose, rosy lips…You are so adorable!”

 

“Umma, do not pinch her like that, or else her face will be stretched out like yours.” The eldest son, who could not stand the way his Umma was harassing Yoona’s face until her cheeks turned pink, voiced his thought aloud.

 

“Leeteuk, you can now officially say goodbye to your new Lego toy sets.”

 

“Nooo! What I mean is…your face, no matter how stretched, still looks pretty like usual, haha.” Awkwardly how Leeteuk tried to cover his mistake.

 

“And the pile of DBSK’s CDs. Do not utter any words, unless you have gotten bored with your video games on the shelves.” Umma coldly declared.

 

 

Leeteuk felt like falling slowly down to the hell. He promised himself never to tell bad things about Umma in front of her face, not to receive such a consequence.

 

 

Umma regained her attention to little Yoona, smile so gently. “Where’s your house? It was raining so hard that your family may get worried, Yoona-ah.”

 

Yoona’s tiny voice rang through the air. “There is nobody at home, elder brother has gone to school, and father is at work.”

 

“What about your mother?”

 

“Father said Umma is not here with us.”

 

“Is that so?” Umma Lee looked at the little girl, a flick of sympathy crossed her eyes. She was so small, yet missing the love of a mother, it must have been lonely for her.

 

“If you want, you can always come and visit me here, because I enjoy your company. Yoona is such a good and adorable girl, everyone will definitely love you.”

 

Yoona averted her gaze to the woman in front of her. It was a caring smile, very much resembled the one in the picture of mother she usually saw. She had looked at that picture thousand times, wishing one day mother would come out of the frame, hug her so tightly and promise to be by her side for eternity…But the heartless picture never showed any sign of movements.

 

 

“Can I? I will…I will not bother you?”

 

“No bother at all. We have little Leeteuk and Donghae here, who can play with you anytime. Visit the house every spare time you have. I will look forward to it, Yoona-ah!”

 

“Neh.” Yoona nearly exploded with excitement and happiness, all flying around pleasantly in her tiny stomach, warming up her heart. She needed warm care, she needed a mother.

 

 


 

“Uhmmm…Yoona…do you like playing video games?”

 

“Of course, I am quite good at Super Mario.” Hearing the term “games”, her eyes lifted up, radiating sparkling rays of amusement. Leeteuk was surprised, he did not even expect her to like games because she looked so girly. Well, if she did not, they would have to play Barbie with her…

 

“Hey hey, we did not even introduce ourselves yet.” Turning to Yoona, Donghae flashed his brightest smile. “I am Donghae, ten years old, like to play games and have a crazily dumb older brother.”

 

“Ya, do you want to die? Talking about your brother like that! Yoona-ah, do not believe this kid, he is not normal either. To this age he still dreams and screams out for Umma!”

 

“That was because of the nightmare!” Pausing for a few seconds to regain his breath, Donghae yelled out. “Hyung is only good at bad-mouthing mom behind her back, like I do not know you have a must-know-about-mom list and spread it everywhere…hmpp…” Leeteuk, quickly enough, raised his hand to stop his disturbed brother.

 

“Vomiting every words like, do you want both of us to build a tent to sleep outside today?” He looked around warily, making sure that Umma was out of reach in this heated fight.

 

 

Sensing quite a dangerous atmostphere, Yoona quickly interfered.

 

“Hey stop, I forgot to introduce myself.” Feeling two pairs of eyes laid on her once again, she continued. “My name is Im Yoona, nine years old.”

 

Leeteuk froze for a moment, his eyes flashing odd sparks. His manners turned 180 degrees around, suddenly he forgot his irritating brother and smiled so cheekily at Yoona.

 

“So..from now on you have to call me Oppa, araso? I’m eleven years old already, and named Leeteuk-”

 

How long had he waited to be called “oppa”. Nobody was like his brother, never respected an elder, always fighting and talking back.

 

“Yoona, try calling me oppa once.”
 

“Leeteuk…oppa.” Yoona followed his words right away, such an obedient girl. Leeteuk felt that having a younger sister home was definitely a great idea.

 

“Me too, call me Oppa too. Try, try.” Donghae impatiently urged, ever since he was born, he had never been called Oppa, because he was the maknae. This was such an excited occasion he forever looked forward to.
 

 

“Donghae oppa…”



A.N: I know, this chapter (and probably the next two) is quite slow-paced. Just some basic introduction of characters and their background, personalities. But many many oddly exciting events are waiting for Yoona, so keep your watch. For Kyuna shippers, be patient for Kyuhyun will appear very soon, with a lot of Kyuna moments.