Chapter 02

King of the world
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 02

Sehun was standing next to a young woman, both waiting for the bus to arrive. The clock had just turned eleven in the morning and Sehun was looking through his phone when the sound of the bus arriving left him looking up and putting down his phone in his pocket. He got onto the bus and sat down in the back plugging his headphones into his ears and watch the city as he passed the same stations as yesterday.

Thinking about the man he had seen yesterday made his heart skip a beat. It had been a long time since he had been feeling like this for someone else. He hoped that his courage wouldn’t be hard to find and that he wouldn’t hold back when he would see the man. He had to be brave for once.

He jumped off at the same station as yesterday and walked his way up to the café. He entered, ordered a latte and waited. But no one showed up. Sehun felt a bit disappointed. If the man was a regular he should at least come here often, right?

Sehun left the café soon after realizing that he wouldn’t be going there today. What a failure. What was he going to tell Jongin now? He really wished his shyness wouldn’t be so bad that it would affect his social life.

He took the bus back to Paris and walked around in the city the whole afternoon. When he was going to take the metro back to Pont de Neuilly where he lived he put his hand inside one of his pockets of his jacket but found something else. When he took out the scrambled paper from his pocket he straightened it out and looked at it. The paper was promoting a new night club. In Paris. And apparently he was invited.

Sehun put the paper back inside one of his pockets and took out his metro-card and left the inner city. The metro was crowded and he was standing next to a woman with a younger boy next to her. It was probably her son. On the other side of Sehun stood another woman and behind him was two businessmen. At one station the driver applied the brakes so hard that the little boy flew straight into the woman beside him and she pushed him away.

“Keep your child away from me!” The woman screamed and brushed her clothes with her hands.

“He didn’t do it on purpose.” The mother said holding a tight grip around her son.

“Of course he did! Thieves like him doesn’t belong here. Go back to your own country!”

Every person in the wagon was shocked and so was the mother of the boy as well.

“I was born in France! I’m French!” She snapped and Sehun wondered why there wasn’t anyone stepping in. This was escalating too far and someone would be hurt if this would proceed.

“That’s enough!” A man said in a loud and clear voice. “Why don’t you step out from it already. It’s not like the boy flew into you on purpose. Do not tell other people hurtful things like that.” Sehun couldn’t see the man who was talking because of the place being so crowded but he almost felt a little bit disappointed that he wasn’t the one to stop it.

When Sehun jumped off the metro two stations later everything had almost calmed down. Then again, his thoughts went to the mother of the boy that had to stand there and withstand such racist comments of her not being French just because of her appearance. He walked his ten minutes’ walk home to his apartment and laid down on his couch breathing out heavily.

Today was a disappointment. The man hadn’t showed up at the café and he had been a witness to racist comments on the metro. Then he remembered the scrambled paper in his pocket and he took it out and looked it over again. Maybe he would visit the place…

No.

Sehun didn’t like crowded places. And he had never ever been to a real night club. He didn’t like that sort of things. Then again, how would he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter