I'm Just Kidding, Babe

The Babe Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m just kidding,” she giggled, “Of course i’ll marry you.” she stuck her hand out with the ring already on her finger.

I guess she only threw the box. Phew. But now you’ve got a situation at hand. She looked so genuinely happy and that smile across her face was just so beautiful. What were you going to do? You turned around and saw Mrs. Jung shaking her head because she knew what you were thinking. She knew you were second doubting this plan of yours but with her eyes she told you it would’ve been a worse mess to clean up later.

“I’m just kidding, babe” you dryly laughed, “that ring is actually Jacobs.”

Her beautiful smile turned into a terrifying glare. You’re going to die today. Yup. It’s official. Good-bye world and sorry to Mr. Jung, he’s getting thrown under the bus.

“It was your Dad’s idea!” you tried to save yourself from not baby Jung’s punches, but big Jung’s.

“Daddy!” Jessica whined.

Mr. Jung laughed and went along with you. He decided to be the big man and take the blame. No way he was going to get beat up anyways.

“It was too good of an opportunity to pass when I saw that ring,” he smiled.

“That was a sick joke, pops” Krystal monotonically said, “even from you.”

She looked up with teary eyes and ran to her room. Oh no. You made Krystal cry. What were you going to do? What were you going to do? What were you going to do?! You looked apologetically towards the parents but they weren’t mad at you. They just signaled you to go make your girlfriend feel better. “Kids” they thought and shook their head in laughter. You quickly followed suit and slipped through the door before Krystal closed it.

“Babe,” you gently sat next to her, “i’m sorry.”

“No, its okay,” she wiped her tears away, “it’s not your fault.”

She took the ring off her finger and gave it back to you. You opened the velvet box and put the ring back inside before settling it on her bed. What in the world made Krystal so mellow. You expected a physical beating and verbal threats like no for a month with some glares to go along with it. A genuine sad Krystal meant she really wanted to be your wife.

“It’s a beautiful ring. Brittany will love it,” she pouted.

“Come here,” you pulled her in for a hug.

You were thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter