Chapter Two

Let’s Fall in Love (Because It’s Gotta Be You)

 

Let’s Fall in Love (Because It’s Gotta Be You)

 



 

Chaerin walks into work the next day and is greeted by her boss, Sandara Park, who is filling up the display case with several of her delicious homemade sweets. The owner of the café hears the ding of the door and perks her head up smiling over at her employee.

“Hi, Rinnie!” She cheerfully greeted her.

Chaerin walks behind the counter, setting her belongings on top of a chair. “Hi, Dara,” She greeted her boss back, helping her by handing her some of the sweets.

“So, did everything go well last night? I’m sorry for leaving so early, but Seulgi was sick, and her bastard of a father was off ing some random . I swear, he fought so hard for custody, but doesn’t even spare a glance at his daughter. He just wants to make my life a living hell.” Sandara ranted about her ex-husband.

Chaerin chuckled, “Everything went fine, Jiyong stayed until closing. It’s okay Dara, Seulgi needed you. Oh, Chanyeol, that little needs to grow the hell up.”

Sandara smiled over at her employee, she is Chaerin’s boss, but their friendship is as real as it could be. “Yeah, the little , I ing regret giving him a chance. I rejected Donghae for his . And now we are divorced, and he is out ing random men and women while I’m here trying to support our daughter as much as I can! God, he gets me so angry! Oh, Donghae is now married! So, I’m forever alone!” She fumes, slamming an innocent piece of Banana Cream Pie inside of the display case.

The younger shook her head, grabbed the pie the elder has in her hands and guided a cursing Sandara to a nearby chair. Chaerin walked back and cleaned the mess her boss made and finished displaying the pasties.

Sandara cools down once Chaerin is done, and then wiggled her eyebrow in a suggestive manner. Chaerin rolled her eyes, fully knowing what that motion met. “So, Mr. Kwon stayed, again, and helped you clean up?” Sandara asked.

“Yes, he did. I think he just wants more coupons.”

It was Sandara’s turn to roll her eyes. “No, no he doesn’t. Well, maybe a free coupon to have a taste of you, Rinnie.” She smirked when she saw a blush dust the younger’s cheeks.

“Dara! What the ?!”

“Stop lying to yourself, you know it’s true.”

“Well, he did ask me out last night.” Chaerin muttered, as she cleaned the already spotless display case.

Sandara jumped off her chair and ran over to Chaerin. “O.M.G! Rinnie! Why didn’t you call me?! What did he say?! What did you say?!” She excitedly bombed the poor younger with questions and squealed into her ear.

Chaerin walked past Sandara and walked into the kitchen with a nosy Sandara hot on her trial. She began to prep for their famous Banana Nut Muffins with a blush still on her cheeks. “I didn’t tell you because you are busy with Seulgi, and you needed to be with her. He asked me out by telling me I could get to know him more if I went out to dinner with him since he said that this is his favorite café and wants to keep in clean. I told him ‘no’ since it is against policies to get involved with customers. And I may or may have not flirted with him before I went home last night.”

By the time Chaerin was done, Sandara had done so many facial expressions. “And you rejected him?! Are you nuts?! He’s hot and rich!” She yelled, and emphasizing too many words.

“If he’s so hot, then you date him, get Seulgi a dad who has money to care for her.”

“Well, I would if I could, but he likes you Chaerin. He asked you out.” The elder pointed out.

Chaerin rolled her eyes, “And I do not care if he likes me. I don’t like him back.”

“Then why did you flirt with him?”

The younger stayed quiet for a bit. “Okay, he’s cute; I am going to admit that.”

“But?” The elder pressed.

The blonde girl bit her lower lip. “Dara, have you seen the way he dresses? I’m sure he is, like, the CEO of some company or the heir. I can’t get involved with that. I hate to compare with to a drama, but what if he has like a of a mother? I can’t deal with that.”

“Oh, Rinnie,” Sandara cooed, her motherly instincts kicking in. “Well, if it is like the dramas, then you guys will get a happy ending. Some of these rich guys ditch their family to be with the girl they love, and Jiyong seems like a nice guy. His smile is beautiful.” She sighed.

Chaerin scoffed, “So did Chanyeol, and look what happened?”

Sandara rolled her eyes, “Chanyeol is a child, a boy. While Jiyong is a man and clearly knows what he wants in life, and that is you, Rinnie. And if I am going to be completely honest, if I were a lesbian, I’d totally date you.”

Chaerin laughed, “Thank you, Dara. And same, if I were a lesbian, I would date you, too.”

“We both clearly have good taste.” Sandara winked before walking out the kitchen to open the café, leaving a snickering Chaerin to do her work.

---

Jiyong has never wanted to punch his cousin more than he wants to right now. Before he left work yesterday, he told his cousin—Kim Jaejoong and the heir to the company he works at—that he was planning on asking Chaerin out. His cousin wished him good luck before he left.

As soon as Jiyong got to work, Jaejoong walked into his office and asked him how it went. Jiyong chose not to lie and told him, but he forgot how much of an his precious cousin is. Once he told him that Chaerin said “no,” Jaejoong broke out into a grin and began to laugh hysterically. Jiyong glared at his cousin, a pout forming on his lips.

“It’s not funny!” Jiyong childishly whined.

Jaejoong gasped for air, “O-Oh my G-God!” He laughed, hunched over in his seat.

“Get the out.” Jiyong growled, fed up with Jaejoong already.

His cousin in his breath to stop laughing and looked at Jiyong with a small smile on his lips. “Okay, it’s not funny.” He began. “It’s ing hysterical that the girl you have been in love with for, like, months rejected you after you stayed multiple times to help her clean!” Jaejoong shrieked, enjoying the frown on his cousin’s face.

“If you weren’t the ing heir to this company, I would murder you.”

“Aw, Jiyongie, you don’t have to be so mean!” Jaejoong faked a pout.

Jiyong got up and began to push his cousin out of the room. “You are the one being mean, you piece of . Get the out.”

Jaejoong laughed harder and let Jiyong push him. He pouted when Jiyong slammed the door in his face. “Aw, don’t be so sad!”

“Piss off, Jae!” He heard Jiyong’s muffled shout.

He snickered, before turning on his heal to get to his office. He knows Jiyong is going to kick his , but he doesn’t care.

He plans to take a visit to Jiyong’s favorite café to see with blonde beauty in person.

 



 

Author’s Note: Hello! And here is chapter two!! It is just a little bit longer than the previous chapter, so I am happy for that. I think as the story progresses; the chapters are going to get longer (but who really knows if they really are, lol).Yes, I added past!ChanDara because why the hell not?! I don’t ship it, but I liked the idea, lol. Seulgi from Red Velvet is CharaDara’s daughter because of this, and I could not get it out of my head plus, Red Velvet are so cute and I love them so much, so they might come out more but idk still. Dara is CL’s friend because I love ChaeRa as friends. Jaejoong is just Jaejoong, lol. But no, those two are going to coming out a lot as SkyDragon’s BFF’s!! Also, I’m going to try and update every week, and I hope I do since this story is so easy and fun to write!! Please excuse any type of errors! Please do comment! Until next time!