Chapter One

Let’s Fall in Love (Because It’s Gotta Be You)

 

Let’s Fall in Love (Because It’s Gotta Be You)

 



 

Kwon Jiyong first saw Lee Chaerin when he walked passed Little Rabbits Café.

She was the cashier taking orders and giving the customers a smile that made him melt. Her long blonde hair was tied up in a high pony tail, and made her look beautiful under the dim lighting of the café.

The small cozy café became his go-to-stop for coffee; he usually went to Starbucks since it was closer to his work, but as he was on the phone with his friend Youngbae, he looked into the café and saw her, and her was mesmerized. He would be a little late to work, but he is the nephew of the CEO, so the higher ups don’t tell him anything.

He always saw himself to be rather charming, so after a few months of visiting the café and becoming a regular—he got discounts and got to special request anything he wanted, and everything was done by Chaerin—he decided to make a move on the cashier.

It was a little after seven in the evening when he got out of work, and he walked over to the café to get his fix of coffee and see the beautiful cashier.

The little bell rang when he walked in, and Chaerin snapped her head up from her phone and smiled over at him. He felt his heart speed up, sweat forming on his forehead. He shook his head, you got this Jiyong; she’ll say “yes,” they always do. He gave himself a prep talk before standing before the cashier.

“Hello, Jiyong, welcome back to Little Rabbits Café, you want your usual?” She cheerily greeted him, his name rolling off her tongue so perfectly.

He nodded, not trusting his voice. She smiled and punched in his order into the machine. “That’ll be $8.25,” she informed him. He took out his card and swiped it. “Okay, it’ll be out in a few minutes. So please take a seat and I’ll go take it to you.” She said, handing him his receipt.

Jiyong smiled and walked over the table closest to the cashier. He sets his briefcase on the table and pulls out his laptop to work on some emails he needs to finish. When he was writing his fourth email, Chaerin showed up with his order—coffee with two sugars with pumpkin spice cream, and a spinach and cheese wrap—and sets it besides his laptop.

“Here you go Jiyong, since you came in before eight, you get a free coupon—two can dine for ten dollars. I hope you enjoy your coffee and wrap, and don’t hesitate to call me if you need anything. It’s pretty slow now and you are one of our most valued customers.” She finished with a small smile.

He smiled back at her, “Thank you Chaerin.” She gave him one more smile before walking back to her station.

Deciding to ask her out after finishing his work—his cousin is going to be on his if he doesn’t get it done soon—he drank his coffee and food slowly, even getting few refills because of his customer points, and may or may not be a shameless way to get the cashier to speak to him.

It was close to closing of the café when finally finished his work—it’s not the first time he’s stayed until closing. He gathers his belongs and took his empty cups to the counter and takes a spare rag Chaerin left there to help the girl clean the tables.

Chaerin shook her head when she saw him roll up his sleeves and clean his table and others. She gave up telling him a long time ago to stop, he’s the customer, and she’s the employee, it’s her job. She finished her work in the back and came back to the front to find Jiyong standing in front of the door, waiting for her.

She gives the small café a once over, nodding over at Jiyong for his good work. She turns off all the lights, punches in the security code before walking out the door with Jiyong following after her. She locks up once he’s outside. “Thank you Jiyong, but don’t think just because you helped me close doesn’t mean you’ll get more points and coupons.” She grins.

He chuckles, “No, that’s not what I did it. I love this café so much; I want to keep it clean and running. Plus, I know what is it like to work at a restaurant, and it’s a pain in the .”

She laughs, “I didn’t take you as someone who knew since all I’ve seen you in is suits and designer suits to be more specific.”

He fakes a hurt look, “I had to start somewhere. You could know more about me if we went out to dinner or something.” He smiles at his smooth comment.

Chaerin lightly chuckles, “Are you asking me out on a date, Mr. Kwon Jiyong?” She raises an eyebrow.

He bites his lower lip, “Yes, yes I am, Ms. Lee Chaerin.”

She laughs, placing her hands jacket pockets. “Well, Mr. Kwon Jiyong, I am going to have to say no.”

His face fell. “Wh-What?”

“Don’t take it personal. We just have strict policies in not getting too involved with our customers.” She explained.

“So, if I wasn’t your customer, then I would have a shot?” He boldly asked.

She snickered, “Maybe.” She winked. “Now, if you would excuse me, I have to go home. I have a test in the morning and I haven’t studied for it, so later, Mr. Kwon Jiyong.” She gave him one last smile before walking passed him and disappearing into the night.

He stood in a daze for a couple of moments before shaking himself out of it. He grinned, remembering the sly smile she gave him, “Maybe.” Her words echoing in his head, and that smile her gave him before she left.

I’ll make you mine, Lee Chaerin.

 



 

Author’s Note: so, first chapter up! I’m so excited to write this because I haven’t written a chapter SkyDragon story in a while, and I hope to finish this story. The chapters are going to kind of short, so please do not ask me to update with longer chapters, I’m testing something out, but some might be long. Please excuse any type of errors! Please do comment! Until next time! :)