Ch 2

The Professor's Journalist

 

    Kyungsoo was annoyed to say the least. All he wanted to do was get through the lecture on correct punctuation but this annoyed tall kid kept asking him questions. So by the end of the lecture Kyungsoo was in dire need of the biggest cup of coffee and a some ibprofen. When the last of the kids left the class he pulled out his phone and texted his longtime friend Byun Baekhyun. 

 

To Baek: 

Hey want to meet me at the coffee shop to get some coffee and hang out a bit 

 

    He didn't wait for a reply because he knew Baekhyun would come. Baekhyun was a strange guy but he was smart. Baekhyun was a music professor at the same university. So they grew close over the years. Both of them are actually quite young to be professors which is how they both get mistaken as students all the time. Baekhyun suggested once that they should wear a big sign that said “we are professors not students” Kyungsoo was quick to turn that idea down. 

    Kyungsoo opened the door and got slapped in the face with the sent of fresh brewed coffee. He couldn't help but smile because it was his favorite sent. Just as he was sitting down Baekhyun strolled through the door with a big smile. Ever since he has met that giant of a boyfriend all he did was smile. 

    “hey Soo, whats up? How was morning classes?” Kyungsoo could hear the smirk in his voice when he said that. 

    “Some kid annoyed the crap out of me during class. He kept questioning everyone that I said. The nerve he had” Kyungsoo was fuming by the end. Baekhyun looked a little surprised but just nodded as if understanding, which he did. 

    “why don't you just make class harder for him. Make him realize that you are the professor and your word is law” Kyungsoo suddenly remembered why they are best friends. Both of them are considered the hardest teachers in the Universities and they loved to mess with their students. The rest of the day was spent talking about their lives and whats going on with them. Honestly Kyungsoo couldn't have asked for a better friend but he looked at the time and decided it was time to go home and sleep. So he quickly waved goodbye and left the cafe. 

    For some reason Kyungsoo found himself thinking about the late student in his class. Kim Jongin. His name left a sour taste in his mouth and made him scowl. This kid acted like he knew so much about the English language and that made Kyungsoo all the more determined to tear him down. He grabbed his books and flipped through them trying to find the perfect assignment to give him and the rest of the class. This semester was bound to be an interesting one and he couldn't wait.