Flashbacks and no take backs

Entertainment Biz

 

"And you knew about this and didn't tell us?" Doyoung verbally attacked Johnny who started to fidget under the bunny like man's glare.

 

"Don't get mad at him. Why does it matter if they told you guys or not? It's not like anything happened...." Mark and Donghyuck both exchange another glance before looking away avoiding eye contact at all cost.

 

"NOTHING HAPPENED! I guess Mark didn't tell Johnny then did he? On what happened ?" Taeyong angrily said making Ten frown and went behind Johnny for protection.

 

"What is he talking about Mark?" Johnny asked as he turned his attention to the calm Mark for explanations.

 

"It's....." Mark stuttered thinking of a better way to explained what had happened during their stay at Jeju. Johnny had came back to get him four days after he left the younger alone. Mark had insisted that the elder stay with Ten a while as he finished his filming before they had to get back home. In his case, after the shooting he was going back to Canada to see his family after being apart from them for a year.

 

"We..." Donghyuck said but  adruptly stopped not sure how to explain in a way that it hadn't ended badly as it did.

 

"So the calls that you kept having last night.... that was Mark?" Doyoung asked the surprised Donghyuck who just guiltily nodded his head. Suddenly, screams and shouts were heard when the main door opened and shut. A few seconds later, Chen le screamed loudly and went over to hug Mark like a koala bear. Thankfully, the elder had grown and was able to catch the leaping teenagers on him. Soon, Jeno, Jaemin, Jisung and Renjun went over to hug the elder as well not noticing the strained tension in the air.

 

"MARK!" Chen le  shouted as he buried his face onto the elder's neck. Mark smiled at the younger but managed to sneak a glance at Donghyuck before turning his attention to everyone else.

 

"You and me.... we need to talk." A voice whispered at Donghyuck's ear. Donghyuck just nodded his head and went away with the other as the whole commotion of why Mark and Johnny were there and how were they doing questions were bombarded at the two 'guests'.

 

******

 

“Did you know he was coming today?” Jeno asked Donghyuck slowly as he looked at the younger pitifully. “What do you think?” As usual, Donghyuck answered sassily trying to mask the anger in his face with an annoyed face.

 

Jeno rolled his eyes at the boy’s remark and decided to ignore the sarcasm tone the younger was having.


 

“Are you okay?”


 

“The good news is that now only Taeyong hyung, Doyoung hyung and Taeil hyung knows about what happened at Jeju aside from you of course. Apparently, Mark didn’t say anything to Johnny hyung.”

 

“Do you want to get out of here or something?” Jeno asked knowing how crappy the younger felt. “No. Why would I? It’s not like I did anything wrong. Besides, this is my house, not his. Why should I be running away?”

 

“You’re still as stubborn as ever.” It was Donghyuck’s turn to roll his eyes at the elder as he watch the boy shaking his head in disapproval of the younger’s response.

 

“Well, if you feel crappy or anything--...”

 

“I’am fine! Stop worrying will you.”Donghyuck sighed and patted the elder’s chest.  


 

Donghyuck was sitting opposite to Mark who was eating his food quietly and peacefully. Despite the short amount of time he had spent with the elder, he was sure about one thing. The elder liked to listen more than talking. He was great at listening to Donghyuck problems but now he knew that he can't go to Mark about his problems because right now, Mark is his problem.

 

"So what's it like in Canada?" Jaemin asked trying to break the awkward tension surrounding them especially near him since he was sitting right next to Donghyuck.

 

"It snowed a lot there. I love it there and the people are nice." Mark answered. Donghyuck shook his head slowly trying to pry away the memories that were popping up. Memories that had happened after the night that he left Mark's villa. He shouldn't have gone in the villa in the first place.

 

"So how is Hye Jin?" Chen le asked startling Mark and angering the person sitting in front of him. You could see Donghyuck's hand turn white from gripping the spoon to hard. Mark noticing how Donghyuck was reacting cleared his throat and just nodded his head guiltily.

 

“Hye Jinnie is fine.” Mark stuttered out as he avoided everyone’s eyes as he turned his attention towards the more interesting meal that was set out for him.

 

“So is it true? You’re dating Hye Jin?” Renjun’s eyes went wide. Everyone at the dinner table started to turn their attention towards the said boy, shocked by the sudden news.

 

“It’s complicated.” Johnny answered trying to stop the topic from going on further but it was to no avail whereas everyone started to ask pondered more on the topic.

 

“Complicated?” Taeyong eyed suspiciously at the two. Apparently, Ten was also kept out of the loop between the two business partners sitting side by side each other.

 

Mark had started to play with his food as his thought starts swimming around his head one thought after the other. Donghyuck had presumably stopped eating and was staring at Mark expectantly.

 

Silence filled the room and everyone else had taken the hint that neither Mark or Johnny wanted to explain further. They started to go back to eating in silence except for Mark who was still deep in thought and Donghyuck who was still expecting for Mark to say something.

 

“Why is it complicated?” Donghyuck asked coldly as his gaze never left the elder. The hyung’s were of course terrified as to what made the younger suddenly that mad. After Donghyuck is the mood maker of NCT.

 

And just like that, everything seems to turn bleak and everyone ate their food quietly again. So much for a happy dinner, thought Taeyong sadly as he watched his two little brothers having a cold war amongst themselves.

 

“Remember the night that I called you before I left Jeju Island?”Mark suddenly spoke up after he put much thoughts in his words. Choosing them wisely as he spoke softly to Donghyuck.

 

“How can I not?” The younger replied back sarcastically making Jeno pinching him at the side to make the younger tone down on his attack on the canadian boy. Mark was basically bleeding buckets of sweat, nervous overcoming him despite the stone look on his face.

 

“There was a situation that needed to be fixed and the CEO of our company seems to think that if Mark and Hye Jin are supposed-itly dating then, it wasn’t a problem anymore.” Johnny answered instead making only the foursome, Taeyong, Taeil, Doyoung and Jaehyung to fill in the blanks correctly.

 

“And what is the situation exactly?” Donghyuck continued to challenged feeling unsatisfied with their answers.

 

“I think we should stop talking about this. How about we talk about what Johnny and Ten are going to do now since they are ‘engaged’.” Jaehyung interfered putting out air quotes towards engaged. The NCT dream members were of course unsatisfied that the conversation was cut short and didn’t explain much but they knew when to stop poking around. They just have to find another opportunity to talk about it again if they wanted more answers.

 

The day went by quite smoothly after that and Mark was behaving like normal again whilst Donghyuck was still sulky about things. From time to time, Mark and Donghyuck would tend to make eye contact with each other only to result from the elder male to look away immediately.

 

It was soon night time, Mark and Johnny both bid their goodbyes and retired for the night. Donghyuck slowly made his way back to his shared room with Jeno and Jaemin as the other two roommates tailed him from behind. As soon as the door was shut, Jeno and Jaemin both gave a knowing look to the depressed male in front of them hoping that he would open up to them about his concerns. Not that it was hard considering Donghyuck was more of an expressive type of person.

 

“I hate him.” Donghyuck grumbled out.

 

“You don’t mean that.” Jeno said a bit annoyed as he sat down on his bed and Jaemin follow suit.

 

“I am serious. I bet he is just making excuses so that the hyung’s would still think of him as the golden boy that everyone claim he is.”Donghyuck said bitterly as he grumbled out a few nonchalant words right after. Jaemin took his turn to roll his eyes at the boy and laid down on his bed frustratingly.

 

“The hyung’s seem to know about it so I don’t think he was trying to hide something Donghyuck.” Jaemin retorted back at their salty leader.

 

“Yea, maybe we can ask Jaehyun hyung. Johnny hyung said that Mark was the closest to him rather than anyone else.” Jeno suggested making Donghyuck squint his eyes at the elder for a while.

 

“You know what? That was the most smartest thing you have said since I’ve met you Jeno hyung.” Jeno scoffed at the younger’s mooching as he brushed it off like dirt.

 

“You do know that Jaehyun would never tell right? Same goes for everyone else. I heard that it was something big and worth not telling anyone about it. But I think Chen Le knows about it. Chen le and Renjun always seems to find about everything as fast as lighting.”

 

“Then maybe we should go and see them.” Jeno agreeing with Jaemin’s idea while Donghyuck just stared into space from his bed.

 

“No.” Donghyuck said as he saw Jaemin and Jeno leaving from the corner of his eyes. He knew that if he let Jaemin and Jeno go, the percentage him getting an answer was high considering Chen Le and Renjun were big fans of Mark. There is nothing that those two can’t find out.

 

“What? Why?” Jeno looked at the younger like he had lost his mind. Donghyuck was always one to make him go crazy of the youngers antics.

 

“ Just ‘cuz.” Donghyuck shrugged before lying down on the bed and continued to stare at the ceiling.


 

“Just ignore him. Come on. Let’s just go to sleep.” Jaemin held Jeno back from punching the younger for being annoying to death and put the elder back to his bed.


 

……

 

“Mind telling me what’s going on between you and Donghyuck? When you talked about him, I was pretty sure you were over the moon about him. You wouldn't stop gushing about him, if I am recalling our conversations right.” Jaehyun asked as he walked with Mark around the neighbourhood park. It was late at night and he had suddenly got a call from Mark asking if he was busy.

 

“Yea. I don’t want to talk about it right now.” Mark replied back as he kicked the pebbles on the ground.

 

“Then why didn’t you tell Johnny what happened? I thought he would be at least informed about everything that goes on in your life.” Jaehyun said trying to change the topic but not going far off so that he could bring up the topic again if he had the opportunity again.

 

“His just my manager, he doesn’t need to know everything about my love life.” Mark argued making Jaehyun giving him a you’re-kidding-me look.

 

“Right.” Mark chuckled at his own foolishness of an argument. “I didn’t know it would turn into anything since he didn’t show any interest towards me. And by the time he did. Everything that day went bad and I guess the timing was just off.”

 

“Well, you did say that you liked him on your second unofficial date, even I needed time if I was in his shoes.” Jaehyun shaking his head at the repulsive tendencies the younger sometimes have. Despite how smart the younger was back when he was in the states, he was like a kid learning about everything as soon as he landed in Korea.

 

“I didn’t mean to say it. It’s kinda came out.” Mark whined as he gave a pouty look to his soulmate like brother.

 

Mark sighed as he ruffled his hair frustratingly as the flashbacks starts to appear in his head.

 

------

 

The day after Mark’s and Donghyuck’s dinner together.

 


 

 

Mark wasn’t planning on staying alone for the whole 4 days without Johnny. He wasn’t prepared to be bored and tired at the same time. Coming back from the shooting was extra tiring today and he couldn’t help but stare at the house next door. Now, he wasn’t expecting to see a shadowy figure to be walking around the abandon house through his bedroom window.  

 

Thinking it was a burglar, he quickly reached for his phone and spatula.  Never in his life has he had his heart beat this fast before. It was unusually scary and thrilling at the same time.

 

“Come on, man. Just hit him with this until he passes out and call the cops. It’s going to be fine.” Mark said to himself to boost his confidence that went down the drain a few minutes more.

Mark slowly walked barefooted to the neighbouring house with a spatula in his hand and his free hand clutched into a fist. He slowly took a deep breath and raised the spatula high ready to hit someone. What came next to him was a blur, next thing he knew, he was inside the house with an annoyed Donghyuck with an ice pack glued to the younger’s head.



 

`````````


 

“What did you eat today? It hurts.” Donghyuck whined as he groaned at the headache that he was forming in his head.

 

“Did I hit you that hard? I am sorry, I thought you were a burglar.” Mark answered guiltily.

 

“Why would I break into my own house?” As usual Donghyuck answered sarcastically as he rolled his eyes at the innocent man in front of him.

 

“Well, I didn’t think you would be coming back since the house looks totally abandoned.”Mark muttered half annoyed and half happy that the younger was in front of him.

 

“Mark, if I had ‘broken in’ the house, the alarm would have tripped don’t you think? It’s a heavily guarded house.” Donghyuck did have a point there. No alarms went off and he should have thought about that at first but he didn’t. But there was no way he was going to admit that to Donghyuck. It would only boost the younger’s ego more.

 

Noticing how he had won that round, he shifted uncomfortably onto couch. It was only the second time he has spent time alone with the elder and he was having butterflies in his stomach that he doesn’t know the reason why too just yet.

 

“Do you want anything to drink?” Mark asked awkwardly. Mark was for once comfortable being around a stranger.


 

“No. I was about to come and see you.” Donghyuck replied softly as he put down the ice pack on his head down. His head was facing downwards but Mark could clearly see the tinge of red on the younger’s tan face.

 

“See me?” Mark couldn’t hide the surprise on his voice. He thought Donghyuck was strange to leave without saying anything and he didn’t expect to see the younger so soon.

 

“Yea, I was wondering if you are free today. The members and I are going to the beach later and they were wondering if you wanted to join.”Donghyuck said not meeting the elder’s eyes.

 

It was a few minutes of silence and Donghyuck contemplated on leaving then and there. Clearly no reply has never been a yes to him.

 

He felt the weight of the sofa lifted a little indicating that the elder had stood up and went somewhere else.


 

“I think I am free. The shooting today ended quite early so I guess I am good.” Mark answered the younger after a few seconds later. Donghyuck abruptly looked up at the elder, too stunned to respond. He didn’t really think that the elder would agree since his disappearing act last night.



 

“Then we can have dinner together later on.” Mark simply said as he gave the younger a small ripped out piece of paper. A soft smile played on the elder’s lips urging Donghyuck to take the paper.

 

“It’s my number. Call me when you guys are about to leave. I have to go and meet up with someone before I go.” Mark explained further. Both frustrated and happy he shoved the paper onto the younger’s hand.


 

“Okay, I’ll see you later then.” Donghyuck hastily said as he took the piece of paper and kept it in his pocket as he made his way to leave the villa.

 

Mark chuckled at the younger’s cute actions. “Well, at least he didn’t leave like last night.” He said satisfied that Donghyuck had bid his goodbye before he left.


 

=========


 

Okay so this is a short update since I need to get this one over with so that the next episode will be full of markhyuck moments. Comment and Subscribe! And again a loud shout out to my baby girl pizzazombie. The posters are great and I love it !  And also… Doing a shameless promoting for myself. I’ve just opened up a cafe which means longer time to wait to update the stories. But do follow @ktchn.kraft on instagram and come visit anytime made by me.  

 

Please do follow and comment so that I can improve on my writing and as always Goodnight~



 

Sneak Peak Chapter 5


 

“Don’t you think it’s a bit hot right now?” Donghyuck asked as he shifted under the covers.

 

“We are in an air-conditioned room Donghyuck. How are you hot?” Mark shook his head at the youngers ridiculous accusation. The younger started to squirm under the sheets accidentally hitting Mark’s side making the elder groan.

 

“Sorry.” Donghyuck was just thankful that the lights were closed so that Mark couldn’t see him at that moment.

 

“It’s okay.” Mark groaned out hoarsely.