The first time they meet each other

Entertainment Biz

The sun was starting to set but the set lights were blazing brightly as people are bustling around the set getting ready for the next shoot.

 

“Can we get all actors here? We need to shoot before the sun sets!” The producer shouted gaining everyone’s attention.

Amidst the busy area, a lonesome figure stood at the set with his stylist doing last minute touches on his hair. He had his eyes closed and a pair of ear phones plugged in his ear blocking any distractions of the outside world.

 

“Where is Hyeri?!” The producer shouted angrily as he came closer towards the lonesome actor cautiously. The actor’s stylist immediately shook her head telling the producer to stay where he was before he got closer to the actor.

 

“You don’t have to be cautious because of me noona.” The actor voiced out sleepily as he opened his eyes to look at his stylist. “Take your time, I can wait.” He continued to say as he looked at the shocked producer who just nodded his head dumbly equally terrified and amazed by the young actor.

 

“Are you sure Mark-ah? Don’t you have something else later?” The stylist asked worriedly as the producer scuttled off elsewhere in search for the missing actress.

 

“Yes, I am sure. Producer Na is having enough trouble as it is already. It’s only fair for us to help him out as well.” Mark said softly towards Yoona as he lazily went back to his comfortable position which was leaning on to the lamp post and he waited for Hyeri to comeback to set.

 

………………

 

 

“There it is everyone. NCT Dream with their last performance for ‘my first and last’.” The MC announced as the five men finished performing and went back to their waiting room.

 

“Wow! I can’t stop staring at them. How can they be so adorable?!” Another MC cheered as she acted cute in front of the camera making her partner blush at her actions.

 

Meanwhile, the five said men walked down towards their waiting room tiredly as they drank their bottle of water that their manager handed to them.

 

“That was the best performance yet!” The manager complimented them as soon as they all sat down in the waiting room. The leader looked at him tiredly and just nodded his head in agreement too tired to say anything else.

 

Suddenly, the chick like member shouted loudly as he pointed his hand towards the eldest in realisation making everyone turn their attention towards the maknae. They all looked at the younger questioning why the younger is acting like that.

 

“What is it Jisung-ah?” One of the two foreign members in the team asked as they look at their best friend.


“Nana! We didn’t get to celebrate Haechan hyung’s birthday yet.” The Maknae said pouting as he sat back down disappointedly. Haechan just smiled at the younger and rested his head on the wall behind him as he listened to ’s animatedly talk about what they should do for his birthday.

 

“How about we go back to Haechan hyung’s hometown? We don’t have any schedule anymore.” Jeno, Haechan’s best friend suggested perking Haechan’s interest on the word ‘hometown.’ It’s been awhile since he went back to Jeju. He would definitely love to show s around the place where he grew up.

 

“I’ll ask the agency about it first.” Quickly their manager who was listening in the background voiced out before letting the team members getting ahead of themselves.

……..

 

The next day, unfortunately for Mark, he had no shooting until tomorrow morning so he was stuck staying in Jeju for another few weeks. Luckily, yesterday’s filming went smoother despite the missing actress incident for a few minutes so Mark didn’t have to film that scene again today.

 

“So where are you off to today?” His stylist noona said as she slung her arm around the younger snapping Mark out of his day dream. He flashed his signature smile towards the elder as he continued eating his breakfast. Hotel food was never his first choice but it was free and he couldn’t just turn down free food.

 

“Yoona Noona. Stop creeping up on people. I almost choked on my food.” Mark whined as gave a piece of bread to her after noticing her wondering eyes on his food.

 

“I didn’t creep up on you. I’ve been calling your name from the elevator over there. You are the one who is not paying attention.” Yoona countered as she munched on the toasted bread glaring playfully at the younger.

 

“Where is Johnny hyung?” Mark quickly changed the topic knowing what the elder might ask him if he denies the fact that he wasn’t paying attention more. Johnny is Mark’s agent and Manager. The fact that his manager isn’t around most of the time in this trip means that the elder had more meetings since Mark got accepted in the drama he was staring.

 

“A business client came by yesterday and want to negotiate the price on getting you to wear money watering shoes.” Yoona explained as she gestured her hand over the words ‘Money watering’.

 

“What time did he come back yesterday?”

 

“That Thai guy came over again last night. So I am guessing late night.” Yoona said teasingly as she busily looked at the direction behind Mark. Mark being oblivious just continued on with the conversation.

 

“Isn’t he a singer or something? What’s that term…. Idol?” Yoona just hummed still distracted over the view that she was seeing but not distracted enough to not pay attention to what Mark was saying.

 

“What is he doing here anyways?”

 

“Mark. I need to go. Talk to you later. Make sure not to wonder off too far.” She said patting the younger’s back as she ran away somewhere.

 

“Well, that’s weird.” Mark mumbled to himself as he took one last bite before going back to his room to change.

 

………..

 

 

“WELCOME TO MY HOME!” Haechan shouted happily towards s as they landed on the little island. The manager and members just shook their head at the overly excited leader as they started to get their bags.

 

“How are we going to Donghyuk hyung’s house?” Rejun, asked their manager as the leader skipped around the airport gate.

 

“W-well, that’s the problem. Donghyuk here just found out that his mother isn’t home until tomorrow and he doesn’t have a key to his house so ….  You have to ask Donghyuk.” The manager said worriedly as he casted a look at the carefree leader.

 

“Hyung. How is it that you didn’t even know that your parents are even home?!” Jaemin a.k.a Nana exclaimed at his trouble making friend.

 

“We will be fine. I called up my uncle who owns a summer house here. He said we can stay there until they come back.” Haechan waved off his other overly worried best friend as he gestured everyone to get in the designated car that he had for them.

 

“Where exactly is your uncle’s summer house?” Their manager asked still worriedly. He was pretty sure his job reputation is in the 17 year old boy’s hands.

 

If news got out that he let the rising stars NCT dream spend their holiday in an abandon house, he was sure that he was going to get fired and he would also be spending a listless amount time going through fan hate that he could barely count.

………

 

It was peaceful day for a walk and Mark enjoyed the scenery and the fresh air but he hated the fact that he was alone. Yoona had disappeared since the incident at breakfast and Johnny was still missing. The other casts were having their shoot today so there was no one to accompany him despite the lovely weather.

 

So there he was, lying down on the grass looking at the clouds letting his imagination run wild in creating shapes. He was in the middle of forming a bunny pushing a shopping cart cloud when a ball suddenly kissed him in the face.

 

“OMG! HYUNG! I THINK I HIT SOMEONE!” A relatively deep voice squealed out as the owner of the voice ran over to his direction. Mark quickly sat upright after the sudden confession from the ball and turned his attention towards the owner of the voice. Surprisingly, the owner seemed a lot younger than he is. Around 5 to 4 years younger than him but he couldn’t be too sure.

 

“I am so sorry. Did the ball hit you hard?” The boy asked as he cautiously let his finger hover in front of Marks face making the older just chuckle at the younger. Soon enough 5 other people started to gather where they were and apologized towards Mark.

 

“Really, it’s okay.” Mark said not sure how to handle the sudden attention of strangers. He would say that he was used to being around strangers but Johnny or Taeyong would always be with him in these type of situations.

 

“W-wait! You’re Mark Lee.” One of the younger ones exclaimed after finally registering who his younger brother hit.



“Chen Le! It’s not polite to point.” The oldest one there said as he pulled Chen Le’s hand down from pointing his finger at the flustered Mark.

 

“I would really like it if you don’t advertise it.” Mark said cautiously as he looked around the area for any more surprise guest. The second oldest one let out a scoff at Mark before receiving a glare from Chen le and nudge from their Manager.

 

“Donghyuk-ah. If you start being rude again, I will pull out your phone privileges for a week.” Their Manager said not so subtly making Donghyuk pout and just march off towards the direction to Mark’s hotel villa.

 

“I guess that’s our cue to leave.” Their manager said as he rubbed his temples before bidding goodbye to Mark and apologizing one more time before leaving with the rest of the members.

 

“I think I had enough excitement for today.” Mark said with a smile as the image of Donghyuk cutely storming off still aching in Mark’s mind.

 

“I wonder if Johnny hyung is back yet.” He asked himself happily as he slowly walked back to his room.

……

 

“Wah! I never met someone with…. What is that syndrome called again? The one when someone thinks they are famous and better than anyone else?” Donghyuk shouted as Jaemin stood next to the elder. They both were the first one to enter the house as Donghyuk quickly made his way to the kitchen for ice water.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Donghyuk hyung.” Jaemin said calmly as Jeno came closer to them after pondering over how severly annoyed the eldest is.

 

“I thought you were the smart one. You should know this stuff. Anyways, I just got a bad vibe from him. I am glad—“Before Donghyuk could finish his sentence this time they heard Chen Le squeal gaining everyone’s attention once again.

 

“What now?” Donghyuk sulked as he rushed out to see the reason their foreign member squealing again.

…….

 

Johnny looked at the neighbours that started to appear one by one making him flustered by the amount of heads that was appearing from behind the fence. Somehow the faces looked familiar but he was too flustered to care at the moment. He was pretty sure the whole week that they have been at the hotel villa, they never had any neighbours and the next door neighbours owned the private land next to them.

 

“Hello, I am Johnny.” The tall man said smiling as he extended his hands for a handshake. The Chinese boy that just squealed nervously shook the elder’s hands before introducing himself.

 

“Ah, NCT Dream. No wonder you look familiar. I am sorry if I didn’t recognize you guys at first, I don’t really have the time to catch up with the latest music groups nowadays.” He apologized as he scratched his back awkwardly as his neighbours continued to look at him curiously.

 

“Where is manager hyung?” Chen Le whispered over to Renjun who just shrugged as he scanned the back yard for the said man.

 

“JOHNNY HYUNG!” Suddenly a familiar voice suddenly shouted gaining everyone’s attention again as they all automatically look at who the intruder was.

 

MARK LEE~ I thought you went out for a walk.” Johnny said in perfect English making the neighbours feel awkward since they were still learning how to speak English.

 

“Yea, but I got tired. It was bored not having anyone around. I thought you would be back later. No date with Ten today?” Mark teased his blushing manager as he mentioned a certain Thai male.

 

He had some work to do so he had to go back to Seoul.”

 

Donghyuk who was starting to feel uncomfortable with them being ignored at that moment, he cleared his throat gaining back Mark and Johnny’s attention.

 

“Oh, Mark. This is our new neighbours until tomorrow.” Johnny said as he introduced them. Mark just had a smirk on his face as he bowed to them slightly.

 

“We meet again I see.”

………

 

 

Haechan stared amazed by his own reflection. He had his hair dyed red and was styled to fit in with his concept for the night. He took a few more minutes to admire himself in front of the mirror before coming out of the bathroom.

 

"Finally!" Jeno said annoyed as he pushed the elder aside to make his way into the bathroom. Haechan just shook his head at the younger before realising the other three new heads looking at him curiously.

 

"Are you really going on that date hyung?!" Jisung shrieked with wide eyes shocked that the older was dressed up.

 

"I am n-not. It's --just a meeting between two perfectly mature adults." Donghyuk stuttered out, flustered by the maknae's outburst.

 

"It's a date." Chen Le said shaking his head at the pitiful excuse his hyung tried to make. Renjun beside him just agreed by nodding his head which annoyed Donghyuk further.

 

"He is just a friend you guys." Donghyuk tried to reason. Unfortunately, Jeno had finished doing his business at that exact moment and decided to join in the teasing of their eldest hyung.

 

"A friend that you are going on a date with."

 

"IT'S NOT A DATE!" Donghyuk face stared to get redder making s scoffing at him and turning their attentions towards the TV.

 

“It’s totally a date. You can’t deny it hyung. Yesterday he was basically flirting with Donghyuk hyung.” Jaemin said shaking his head at the older.

 

“He was not.” Donghyuk blushed as yesterday’s encounter was flashing through his mind once again.

 

………..

 

 

Mark extended his hands over to Donghyuk for a handshake as they all greeted each other properly.

 


“You know them Mark?” Johnny asked surprised that the younger had found new friends to play with.

 

“Well, let’s just say our first meeting was shocking.” Mark joked as he took initiative to shake Donghyuk’s hand.

 

“I can guess. You’re first meeting with strangers are always exciting and different every time.” Johnny said shaking his head remembering the weirdest encounters that the younger gotten into.

 

“I bought all things that you wanted. Are you sure you are going to be okay tomorrow? I know how bad you are at cooking.” Johnny asked worriedly as he handed the groceries to the embarassed Mark.

 

“Our Haechan hyung know’s how to cook.” Suddenly, Jisung said out loud remembering that fun fact. The adorable fun fact made Mark smirk and Donghyuk glare at the younger.

 

“Who is Haechan?” Mark asked obliviously as his eyes made eye contact with Donghyuk self-hoping that Haechan was Donghyuk.


“Oh, our Donghyuk hyung.” Jeno said as he pushed Donghyuk forward so that Mark could see him better. A wide wicked smile attached on Mark’s face and Donghyuk was pretty sure that he could see a glint of mischief in the elder’s eyes.

 

“Are you busy tomorrow? Can you come over for dinner and help me make something? I am in need of a handsome chef in the kitchen.” Mark said flashing his famous puppy eyes at the younger. Johnny just let out a chuckle before leaving the younger and made his way into the house as he bid farewell to the rest.

 

“Why d-dinner?” Donghyuk stuttered shocking his team members by the fact that their leader was stuttering. It was unusual sight for them and Mark was enjoying the sight of the flustered Donghyuk.

 

“Because I have a shoot from morning till evening. I can only find the time to eat dinner time. If the rest wants to join, I can ask Johnny to go buy some more ingredients but I would prefer it if it's just the two of us.” Mark said greasily sending a wink towards Donghyuk.

 

“W-what…” Mark chuckled as he patted the younger’s shoulder. “I’ll see you at 8. I’ll come pick you up.” He said as he sent another wink to the younger before saying good bye to the rest.

 

 

 


 I hope it meets to everyone expectations and if not, I am deeply sorry and I will try better. Comment and Subscribe~ 

 

 

Sneak peak for Chapter 2

 

Mark smirked at Donghyuk who was shifting under his gaze.

 

“I didn’t know you are such a good cook.” He said as he took a bite on the steak that Donghyuk made. Donghyuk suddenly gaining confidence just scoffed at the older.

 

“I thought you were going to burn down the house if I didn’t come in.” His comment made Mark choke on his food. Mark could just nod and smile at the younger’s sudden bold reply. He loved the challenge despite the risks that he was going to experience if his relationship with the younger becomes something more than just a simple cooking class date.