Chapter 15

Catching Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 15

 

One week

That’s how many days have passed since Sooyoung’s opening night happened and it’s also the same number of days that Taeyeon has seen or talked to Tiffany. She’s been wanting to ask the woman out but her coward self didn’t know how. She paced back and forth in the studio after finishing a recording with another artist. Typing a message on her phone and deleting it again, she after all has Tiffany’s number.

 

“Damn, why is this so hard?” She groaned, crashing on the sofa. She stared at her phone starring at the name.

 

Just then, the door opened and an unexpected visitor came catching her attention. “Kwon Yuri? What are you doing here?” She asked, not bothering to get up from the couch.

 

“Hello to you too Taeng” Yuri greeted. “You might want to present yourself better, I brought someone along with me.” She says, entering the studio.

 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow and waited for the other person to come in. “Jessica? Why are you two together?” She asked, sitting properly.

 

“Yuri signed her contract today and we met Sunny a while ago. She figured we can visit you too.” The blonde woman explained. She saw the less enthusiastic look on Taeyeon’s face. “You wish I was someone else huh?” She teased.

 

“Sorry Taeng, Tiffany’s in a meeting so we can’t bring her.” Said Yuri. “But she gets off work at 6:30 and we plan on having dinner soon. Wanna come?”

 

Taeyeon clenched her jaw, Yuri’s teasing her again. “No thank you” she hissed, trying to keep her dignity but lost the moment she heard Jessica laugh.

 

“Of course she wants to come, why did you even ask Yul?” Jessica smirked. The two of them sat on the vacant chairs in the studio, looking at Taeyeon. “Don’t worry Taengoo, I’m sure Tiffany’s also thrilled to see you. She’s been pacing back and forth in the penthouse holding her phone, composing a message and deleting it again. She’s also been mumbling to herself a lot lately.”

 

Yuri was amused looking at Taeyeon blushing, trying to hide her smile. “Looks like Taeyeon’s been doing the same thing as well.” She chuckled. “What are we gonna do with you two?”

 

“Yeah Taeng, what’s so hard with ‘Hey, Wanna go out on a date with me?’ I mean, you managed to sneak to Daegu in high school and confessed to her before you left. So what’s so hard about asking her out now?”

 

Taeyeon glared at Jessica, “That was 10 years ago if you’ve forgotten. It’s not the same anymore.”

 

Jessica crossed her legs, leaning back on the chair. “Why is it not?”

 

“W-what if she has boyfriend? Or she might be married?” Taeyeon stuttered.

 

“Would I be teasing you here like this if she’s taken? Come on!”

 

Taeyeon deadpanned, still pretending to act like she doesn’t care while Yuri has been cracking on her chair. “You’re not very good at hiding your emotions Taeng, seriously.” She teased.

 

“Why are you two even here!?” The shortest woman groaned.

 

“To invite you to dinner” Says Jessica. “So I take that you slacking on that couch means you’re done?”

 

Taeyeon sighed, “I’m not slacking.”

 

“Yup she’s done.” Says Yuri. “I made a reservation at Pierre Gagnaire. So you might want to change your clothes Taeng.”

 

“Why don’t I trust the two of you?” She glared at the both of them.

 

Yuri and Jessica shrugged their shoulders, looking boringly at Taeyeon. “It’s up to you Taeng but I already made the reservation.” Said Yuri.

 

“Fine!” Said Taeyeon. “Did you bring a car?”

 

“Yuri’s driving me today, I just hitched a ride. We’ll meet you at the restaurant.”

 

“Yeah, whatever you say.”

 

The two intruders stood up from their seats. “Okay then, remember that Tiffany’s also coming.” Jessica reminded. “See you there Taeng.”

 

Taeyeon got up as well and nodded her head, escorting the two towards the door.

 

“Oh and the reservation is under my name.” Yuri announced.

 

“Yeah yeah!” Taeyeon pushed them out of the door. “Now shoo! I still have to pack my stuff.”

 

“Bye Taengoo” Jessica waved, leaving with Yuri on tow.

 

< || >

 

Taeyeon just finished wearing her coat over her white plain epaulet V-neck long sleeve chiffon blouse tucked inside her high waist ASOS trousers and black stilettos. She checked her appearance in the mirror for the last time and sprayed her perfume as a finishing touch.

 

She was just about to grab her keys, ready to leave her house when her phone beeped. She fished it out of her coat pocket and saw a message from Yuri.

 

From: Yul

I forgot to tell you, you need to pick up Tiffany from her office. She didn’t bring a car. This is the address of their building, just ‘waze’ it. She’s waiting for you already by the way. See you!

 

“I should’ve known” She mumbled to herself and checked the address Yuri sent. The building wasn’t far from her so she immediately pocketed her phone and made her way out. She wouldn’t want to keep Tiffany waiting now would she?

 

**

 

Taeyeon was already parked outside the building she was supposed to pick up Tiffany, she decided to get off and greet the woman personally from outside her car so she walked to the passenger side, leaning on her car. She fished out her phone, texting Yuri to tell Tiffany she was already outside. After the message was sent was when she realized that she could’ve texted the woman herself, she has her number after all.

 

“Stupid” she mumbled to herself.

 

It was a few minutes later that she saw the woman she was waiting for coming out of the building wearing a grey bodycon patchwork dress, hugging her curves. And damn did Taeyeon thought Tiffany couldn’t get any more beautiful. She tried her best not to gawk at the woman who seem to be unaware of her presence since she kept looking from side to side. So she took the liberty of walking towards the woman and end her suffering.

 

“Hi” she greeted, standing on Tiffany’s side.

 

The woman who was looking the other way was surprised seeing Taeyeon next to her. “T-Taeyeon? What are you doing here?” Tiffany asked her.

 

Taeyeon raised a brow, “I’m your ride, Yuri told me to pick you up—“ and then it hit her. She clenched her jaws just thinking of ways how to strangle her friend. She knew they were very suspicious. “You didn’t know huh?”

 

Tiffany shook her head, “Jessi just told me that she sent a driver to pick me up. I thought she was talking about the company driver. I didn’t know it was you.” She chuckled. “I guess we were set up huh?”

 

“You got that right.” Taeyeon agreed. “Come on, let’s go see those two so we can let them pay for our very expensive dinner.” She said offering her arm to Tiffany who smiled and linked her arm with Taeyeon’s. She led them to her silver Mercedes sports car that Tiffany liked. Once they were settled, Taeyeon started to drive. She the radio but on a low volume just to avoid any awkwardness. “How are you?” She asked.

 

Tiffany who has been watching Taeyeon, smiled. “Been busy with work but I’m okay. You?”

 

“Same” Taeyeon answered. “I heard Yuri and Yoona already signed their contracts for your upcoming shoot.”

 

“Yes, Jessica visited Yoona yesterday to finalize everything and today she gave Yuri a tour around the office.” Tiffany said, looking out the window.

 

“I see” Taeyeon mumbled. They fell silent but thanks to the sound of the radio it wasn’t awkward at all. Actually none of them felt awkward, it was more of soothing quiet than a deafening one. Taeyeon eyes Tiffany from time to time, observing her. She saw the girl closing her eyes, ‘she must be tired’ she thought. So she let Tiffany take her rest.

 

Few minutes later they finally arrived at the restaurant, Taeyeon spoke to the concierge. “Hi, reservation under Miss Kwon Yuri please”

 

“One moment, miss” The concierge smiled and checked the list. “Ah” he let out when he saw the name. “Follow me.” He bowed and led the two to a table for two in the middle of the restaurant.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany exchanged glances, “I think there have been a mistake? We’re supposed to be having a table for four with Kwon Yuri and Jessica Jung” said Taeyeon.

 

The concierge tilted his head, “But miss Kwon and miss Jung already dined and left. And they reserved a table for two under her name for miss Kim Taeyeon and miss Tiffany Hwang.” He explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter