Chapter 14

Catching Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 14

Classical music mildly playing in the background echoed through the grand hall of the newly opened restaurant of the famous actress Choi Sooyoung. It has been the talk of the town since some of her celebrity friends attended her opening night along with some VIPs. The press have gathered in front of the newly opened structure hoping to catch a glimpse of what seem to be a fancy establishment. The security was strict especially with the line that started to grow outside courtesy of the people who wanted to be apart of the opening night.

 

Sooyoung had her waiters ready for her guests and customers, she made sure that her services were trained to perfection as well as the food. She gladly observed the people from the circular window of the kitchen door, catching a glimpse of their reaction as soon as they taste the food. So far she saw no horrid reactions but mostly gentle smiles and nods.

 

Her kitchen was busy with her chef and the rest of the kitchen staff working their butts off to get things moving faster. She has warned them about being efficient in their servings and how to perfectly organize everything. She wanted her opening night to be perfect since it was after all going to be released in the press judging by the amount of food critics and celebrities who came.

 

When she found the perfect timing, she went out to greet her guests and ask them about the food, she was thankful that most of them enjoyed it and were very much looking forward to coming back and dine again. She also thanked them for taking their time and attend her opening night and because the security was tight, fans weren’t allowed to disturb the celebrities dining.

 

Her tracks stopped at a table where her closest friends were eating, she grinned and asked them about the food. “I gotta say, everything here is amazing” Yuri commented, looking at Sooyoung proudly. “You’ve done a great job Soo.”

 

“The food is great and the service too” Yoona added, giving her friend a thumbs up.

 

Sooyoung looks at Taeyeon expectantly, “What about you miss Kim, how did you like the food?”

 

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders, “Meh”

 

“This jerk” Sooyoung glared at her.

 

“I was kidding, it’s wonderful Syoung-ah, congratulations.” Taeyeon chuckled.

 

“I liked everything as well Soo, I’m proud of you.” Sunny smiled at her.

 

Sooyoung heaved a sigh of relief, “Thank god! I’m really nervous about this but since it looks like everyone enjoyed it, I guess I can breathe properly now.” She chuckled. “Oh and why didn’t you bring Sunmi, Taeng?” She turned to the short blonde sitting next to her.

 

“She’s overseas, her boss took her with him on a European business trip.”

 

“Wow that’s great, invite her here as soon as she arrives okay?”

 

Taeyeon smiled, “Sure Soo.”

 

The tall woman nodded her head, “Okay, I’d love to stay and chat but I still have a few more guests to talk to. Thank you for coming guys.” She excused herself and left moving to the next table.

 

“The food was really good” Taeyeon exhaled, “excuse me guys, I’m just gonna go to the ladies room.” She stood up from her seat making her way to the ladies room on the other far end of the hall.

 

 

Taeyeon just flushed the toilet and unlocked the cubicle door, making her way out when she bumped into someone who was just trying to make her way in. She was about to apologize when she looked up only to stay frozen on her place with her eyes popping wide open and jaw slackening.

 

A gasp was heard from the woman standing in front of her snapping her out of her thoughts.

 

“No way” Taeyeon mumbled. “T-Tiffany?”

 

The woman smiled, “Taeyeon, oh my gosh!” She engulfed the shorter woman into a warm hug. “I can’t believe this.”

 

Although startled, Taeyeon was able to return the hug, chuckling in the process. “What a surprise, I didn’t know you’d be here.”

 

Both of them let go, smiling at each other. “I was invited by Sooyoung” says Tiffany.

 

“Ah, you’re a friend of hers too huh?”

 

“Yeah, you too huh?”

 

Taeyeon nodded her head, “Wow, I can’t believe I’m seeing you again after what 9? 10 years?” She looked at Tiffany from head to toe. “You look gorgeous in that dress.”

 

“10 years yes” The brunette giggled, “You too Taeyeon.” She smiled. “Listen, I’d love to keep chatting but I really need to pee. Can you give me a minute?” She asked.

 

“Oh sure, sorry.” Taeyeon stepped aside and let Tiffany do her business, she headed to the sink to wash her hands, still smiling to herself.

 

“I didn’t know you were back in Seoul?” She heard Tiffany say from inside the cubicle.

 

“Yeah, I had too, I miss home.” She responded with a chuckle. “What about you though? The last time I heard you came back to the U.S with Jessica?”

 

Taeyeon heard the toilet flushing, “I did, we finished college in the U.S, Jess and I opened a fashion line. She designs and I manage.” The door unlocked, revealing Tiffany who was fixing her dress while making a way to the sink to wash her hands.

 

“Yeah, Sunny told me.” The short woman smiled.

 

“You never lost touch with them huh?” Tiffany smiled at her.

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “Nope, they’re friends for keeps.”

 

“That’s good, are you with them?” Tiffany turned off the faucet, she smiled when she saw Taeyeon handing her a bunch of napkins. “Thanks”

 

“Yes, Sunny, Yuri and Yoona.”

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow, “The famous actress Im Yoona?”

 

“That’s her all right”

 

“I didn’t know all of you were friends, I did hear from Sunny about her though but only when we hang out and see her commercials which is rare.” Tiffany explained.

 

“Yeah, we met in college along with Sooyoung. So we kinda made a pact since there weren’t that many Koreans in Australia. What about you? Who are you with?”

 

“Who else than the ice princess herself, Jessica Jung” Tiffany chuckled.

 

“I haven’t seen her in while, how is she?” Asked Taeyeon. “And how are you? How have you been?”

 

“She’s fine, I’m fine. Been doing well. What about you? I’ve been listening to your songs, as always your lyrics are heartfelt.”

 

“Good” Taeyeon smiled. “Thanks, I always try to write from the heart.” She giggled. “And as much as I’d like to keep talking would you mind if we go outside? I think I heard a knock, someone might want to use the loo.”

 

“Oh right!” Tiffany laughed, both of them made their way out of the ladies room and found a small line outside. They both apologized, bowing politely.

 

Tiffany pointed at their table as soon as they were walking down the hall, “That’s Jessica right there, why don’t you drop by and say hi? I’m sure she’ll be thrilled to see you.” She told Taeyeon who gladly accepted the offer. They walked towards a table for two near the wall.

 

“There you are! I thought you drowned in there what took you so long?” Jessica was glaring at Tiffany unaware of the presence of the third person standing right beside her.

 

“Sorry but I bumped into someone” said Tiffany with a smile.

 

Jessica was about to retort when Taeyeon tapped her shoulder, “Hello miss Jung” she grinned and found the American blonde’s shocked faced looking at her.

 

“Oh my god! Kim Taengoo!” She squealed getting up from her seat to give the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter