siren

Jungri Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The gravel and sand crunched underneath Jungkook’s timbers as he strolled along the beach, inhaling the crisp air and burying his hands deep into the pockets of his parka.

He was so lost in his thoughts, that he hadn't realized he had walked to an unfamiliar part of the beach. Ahead of him the beach stopped, and jagged rocks protruded from the earth instead. The waves lapped up against the rocks, covering them in a sheen that reflected off the moon’s light. Jungkook sighed, staring at the waves that seemed to be washing up further and further against the shore. The tide was coming in, and he should really get going if he wanted his precious boots to stay nice and dry.

He was just about to turn back, when he heard something foreign yet soothing to him.

There was someone singing.

He stilled, before turning around slowly to locate the source of the voice. Surely, there can't be anyone here at this time?

The voice was coming from somewhere behind the rocks, and anyone with a brain would know that it was stupid to even think of climbing over those deathly spikes. But then how did the person singing get there…?

For some reason, as the voice filled his ears more and more, Jungkook’s feet started moving towards the source of the sound. The voice stopped singing at times, and Jungkook would suddenly regain his senses to turn around, but then resume what he was doing when the singing started again. He found himself nearer and near to the rocks each time, but he didn't feel panicked at all. If anything, he felt desperate to get to the owner of the voice, like there was a mysterious force pulling him to the source.

When Jungkook was standing right in front of the jagged rocks, he stared at them blankly for a while, as though he was going to do nothing. But then, he started reaching up to grasp the edges of the rocks to haul himself up.

Yeri closed again, sighing in disappointment. She could already feel the fresh wave of tears starting to well up at the back of her eyes as she thought about how lacking she was. She hated how her voice sounded so nasal and disgusting, and how she couldn't even hit the basic notes.

She opened for the umpteenth time to let her voice flow out, only to wince as her scratchy voice filled her ears, from crying so much earlier. But she didn't want to give up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter