Last Stop

Last Stop

to being just friends, 

 

That summer, Hoya graduated in high school. Myungsoo left the day after and Sungjong was again alone without his best friends. However, it’s not that bad. After Hoya graduated in high school went to a university in the big city but has constant communication with Sungjong and they would occasionally meet. From time to time Myungsoo’s dad would call and the younger gets to .

            Things got busy, before Sungjong realized it four summers had already gone by and another one’s fast approaching. Four summers had passed since he last saw Myungsoo with his own two eyes, after he graduated Sungjong went to a university and moved out of his their house. His mom/aunt suddenly went off in a vacation and came home engaged. Yunho, well same as always, from time to time he would surprise his son for a visit just to see how Sungjong’s been doing.

            “Summer vacation is here. I can’t believe I survived the finals! Let’s go out and celebrate guys!” Woohyun said, he’s Sungjong’s college friend and classmate in one of their subject. Even though he’s older he acts like a kid most of the time.

            “Spend your summer wisely Mr. Nam, you don’t want to take up any back subjects now would you?” Sunggyu, their professor commented. He’s a brilliant young teacher but can be very strict and he’s particularly wary of Woohyun’s behaviour.

            “Awww, don’t be such a kill joy Prof. You can come if you want!”

            “Mr. Nam, I do not engage in such frivolous act. Sungjong are you sure you’re friends with this person?” Sunggyu asked.

            “Huh? What now? Just because you graduated ahead of me you can act mighty. Why do you even call Sungjong by his name and me by my surname? Huh? We used to be classmates in college”

            “haha, here we go again” Sungjong quietly commented. “Well then I’ll leave you two, I have something to do anyways so I’ll have to pass. Hyung just drop by the house later to return my report okay? Bye you two”

            “No problem, thanks for lending  it to me, Ah, Now our cute maknae is leaving because of you!” Woohyun went back to Sunggyu

            “You say it’s my fault huh?”

            The two of them was still arguing when Sungjong left. It’s really hard to tell, unless you know them you wouldn’t even think that those two are going out and actually have been living together for quite some time now.

            Leaving together huh? I want that too. Sungjong parked his bike on the lawn. He fumbled for the keys on his pocket. Myungsoo will be calling today; it’s been almost eight months since they talked to each other and he’s not missing the opportunity to hear his voice.

The house was old but you know it was built to last more lifetimes than the ones staying in it, the garden was beautiful and the trees growing in the house made it feel like you have your own world.

            “I can see why you really like this house” Sungjong said as he on the wooden floor looking out into the garden while drinking a cup of tea. After his graduation he asked Jaejoong if he could take care of the house to which the latter agreed. Sungjong also went to the university nearby.

            The things he did, it’s not because he wanted to follow the plans that Myungsoo had made before. Sungjong felt that this was the place where Myungsoo would be coming back; this place makes him feel that he’s not alone. The quiet rooms reminded him Myungsoo’s aloofness, the bright garden and the occasional visitors of birds and animals somewhat resembles Myungsoo’s ability to lighten up your day. 

            “How long are you going to make me wait, hurry up and come home you” Sungjong said while lazing on the floor, books sprawled around.  He had nothing more to do and the cool breeze is making him sleepy.

            “I hate the 24hour-difference” Sungjong yawned while the doorbell rang. Hyung sure finished fast he said referring to Woohyun.  The bell rang again and Sungjong slowly got up while still holding a book went to open the door.

            “Hyung, I forgot to tell you….” The book fell on the floor as Sungjong stood with his eyes shot open.

            “Hi, sorry I was late"

            “You…you’re a year and half late you idiot!” Sungjong’s tears were running down his cheeks as he opened his arms.

Myungsoo was smiling but upon seeing Sungjong’s reaction tears run down his cheeks, pulling the younger boy into a hug, he momentarily lets go only to close the gaps between their lips.

“I may be an idiot but please I want you to consider your future with me” Myungsoo’s stood tall trying to fight his nervousness, “Please, be with me. Only me”

Sungjong was giggling while wiping his tears,

“Then, how about we start with that kiss of yours”

“I’ll take that as a yes” Myungsoo had a sheepish grin as he grabs Sungjong by the waist , the door closes in on behind them as a small thud can be heard.

 

 

..................................................................................................................FIn...