Knowing the past

Old Memories ( on hold )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun pov: 

 

'' What did she meant by you going to jail? '' That was my first question. 

I was left only with Jiyong because Hyemi had to go to work. I couldn't even ask if she was okay. So Jiyong was my only source of knowledge. 

'' Two years ago, I started my own clothing line. It was small at the beginning and then things were doing great. I was so happy that I was achieving my dreams and I can finally help my family. '' he started

'' Yes? then what happened? '' I asked impatiently

''  I was too blind by the success I was making that I didn't bother checking how the money was spent or the deals were made. There were people assigned to take care of that and I trusted them. I didn't even know they were stealing. They would make me sign on deals and papers that I didn't know what their content was. After a few months, there was a lot of money that was missing. And then slowly I didn't even find money to pay the employees or find the money to buy the fabric so I can work. Things were only getting worse '' he stopped and sighed '' When I sought help from the management team they all disappeared with my money with them. I tried to reach them but it seemed like they vanished. After that, my debts grow to the point where I couldn't pay them. I sold my house and my car, I even sold the whole fashion house but it still not enough to fulfill all the bills ''  he continued painfully and I was more than shocked. I never imagined such thing to happen to my friend. 

'' Oh my god '' 

'' It's not just that, some of the clients I made deals with demanded their money by the court but I have nothing left and no one accepted to let me work for them. So if I didn't pay five hundred thousand dollars by the end of this months, I'll end up being in jail. Which will surely happen '' he expressed and sighed for nth time

'' I never thought something like this would happen to you '' I muttered

'' I never did myself. I trusted them blindly but they betrayed me, I don't understand why was I that stupid ''  

Suddenly an idea came to my mind '' Why didn't you ask Hyemi for help? I am sure she would've helped you and then you could have slowly returned her the money '' I stated enthusiastically 

''  You really don't know anything, do you? '' he suddenly questioned and I frowned

'' What do you mean? '' 

'' Hyemi's family announced their bankrupt 7 years ago and they lost everything they ever had. And ever since that day, the are leaving in a small apartment that barely fit for three people '' he revealed and I felt that my eyes would jump out of their place.

'' WHAT?! '' I yelled '' No way! '' 

'' Unfortunately, it happened. Her father has been sick and her mother couldn't work so she can take care of him. Her siblings were young at the time so she was the only one able to provide money for the family. And just at the age of 20, she had to work day and night and add to that studying so she can afford money for her father's medication and her siblings' education  '' he exposed. 

 

Oh god! what life did my friends had?! 

''' That's not everything, in the same year she was kicked out of university and she didn't have enough money to attend another one so she couldn't finish her education. She really suffered the most between the two of us '' he admitted sadly. 

Hyemi? All of that happened to Hyemi?! Oh my god, that girl must be really strong to be able to survive all of this... 

'' Why was she kicked out? '' I asked and I caught an uneasy expression on Jiyong's face. 

'' I don't know and no one does. Except for Hana. I tried to know but she never said '' 

'' What did Hana say? '' 

'' It was our third year in uni and there were big tests coming over and whoever got the chance to pass them will be able to go to Paris or Italy to study. It was the ultimate dream for everyone. But then we heard about Hyemi getting kicked out and Hana revealed the only truth everyone knows. She said that Hyemi stole the tests and she slept with one of the of the teachers to get them '' Say what!! If my eyes didn't jump out earlier they sure did after I heard that. 

'' What?! Hell no! Hyemi would never do that! '' I argued

'' I know that very well, and we both know how smart she is and she's also so talented so she would never do that. But since Hana was her best friend back then everyone believed her. Hyemi couldn't even defend herself in front of them because she was already kicked out '' I announced

'' Was her best friend? why using past? '' 

'' You must have noticed the odd tension between the two of them earlier '' he said and I nodded '' After that incident, they stopped hanging out together and no matter how much I tried they refused to even meet each other. Things got worse when Hana was able to get the chance to go to Paris because when she came back, she was totally a different person '' 

'' Yes, she surely did change, I was hardly able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter