Meeting

Old Memories ( on hold )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun pov: 

 

It's been a few hours since I returned to Seoul and I was in the least place I loved. My father's office. I used to like this man when I was young but as I grow up my love for his decreased. Maybe it was because he didn't want me to stay with him after he divorced my mother. Or maybe because he rarely asked about me after I left and only thought of me as the heir and not his son. Or maybe both. 

 

'' How was your flight? '' my father asked

'' Good '' I replied as cold as ever 

'' Nice, you should rest in the next couple of days and after that, you have to start working '' he announced. I was even surprised why he never mention it yet... 

'' Okay '' I answered with one word just how I answered all the previous questions

''  After you take over, I'll only be the chairman and you can do whatever you want, I am sure you'll take care of it '' he suddenly revealed and I was honestly surprised

'' You mean you'll let me run it the way I want? '' I asked my first question that evening.

And what happened next made me want to check if it was a dream or really. My father smiled at me '' Seung Hyun, it's true that I didn't live much with you and I wasn't the best father that you deserved but I am aware of your abilities and you are a smart child so I am sure you'll know how to manage it very well '' he explained. And astonishment was an understatement in my case '' Go now and rest, you won't have that a lot once you start '' he added 

I stood and bowed and then I left. Well, that was a good start, at least I won't have him controlling my way of working all the time... 

 

It was my first time in our mansion in eleven years. Nothing changed. Even though the house was fabulous and everyone dreamt of living in such place, I didn't find it that attractive. The aura of his house always felt cold and distant to me. It was only home by word. 

 

I was walking around until I finally reached my room. Everything was the same I left it. It was clean so assumed that the maids have already done their job. I opened the window and stared at the garden outside since my room was on the second floor. Suddenly my phone started ringing and I was sure of the identity of the caller as much as I was sure of my name. 

 

'' Mom '' I said as I answered 

'' Are you okay? how was your flight? '' she asked right away

'' I am okay mom, why wouldn't I? And my flight was great '' 

'' Thank god, have you seen your father yet? '' Of course...

'' Yes, I was with him just now '' I told her 

'' So? how was it? did he tell you anything? will he let you be the CEO? '' she flashed me with her questions once again 

I sighed '' Yes mom, he'll leave it for me '' 

'' That's great! My baby is now grown and will start working '' she'll never change...

'' Yes mom, and now if you don't mind, I want to rest for a while '' I announced 

'' Okay, I already miss you '' She suddenly mentioned

'' You should have come with me then  '' I expressed

'' Okay then, I'll call you later '' she hurriedly mentioned and hung up. She's always the same, whenever I mention coming back home, she'll always find a way to change the topic... 

 

I found my bags in the corner so I opened them and started taking out my stuff. I opened my small black bag first and immediately smiled. I was welcomed with a photo of me, Jiyong, Hyemi, and Hana when were 15 at Hyemi's birthday. Right away, memories from that day flashed in front of my eyes. 

 

I put it near my bed, and the resumed taking out the rest of my stuff. I also found the book that I read more than once and never got tired of it. The house of Mirth, I got that book when I was 16 and I still don't know how gave it to me. But what I am sure of is that a girl gave it to me. Why? It was in a pink present cover and there was a note in the back of it. 

'' Do you like it Oppa?  '' I whispered

 

I was confused why someone would give me this book but I read it anyway and I liked it. I used to have a different view for elite and that book changed it. Also, that book proved to me that whoever gave it to me was well educated and mature at such young age. And call me crazy, but I promised myself to never let the girl who gave it to me slip away from me once I find her. 

 

I was busy taking out my stuff and remembering the past when I heard a knock on the door. 

'' Come in '' 

A maid walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter