FOUR

au revior

It took one green tea frappe, one winter melon tea, one americano, and a lot of patience for Kibum to Jinki to finally appear infront of him, after waiting for about 4 hours. He hates how he waited for hours, yet when he saw Jinki, all the frustrations were gone. He hates how fast he added Jinki into his crush list. 

 

Two weeks have passed since the umbrella incident, and Kibum felt like he and Jinki has gotten close. Kibum goes to Adieu every after his class and Jinki was always there, waiting for him, smiling at him, offering him the specialty of the day. They talk about how Kibum's day went, also talks about how he misses Minho and Taemin because they are so busy these days, with soccer and college entrance exams. Kibum, however, isn't sure if Jinki understands everything he is saying, or whether the older man listens to him. Most of the time, Jinki sure is looking straight at his eyes, but Kibum feels like Jinki is thinking about something or finding something more. 

 

Kibum, however got one of the biggest shock in his life when Jinki invited him to an Architecture convention yesterday. Jinki said he got free tickets to it, from his shop's architect and a good friend. And that he also went to the same convention last year, and that's where he got his idea to open a coffee shop. Also, he thinks Kibum will like it there. Kibum actually doesn't care about the convention, or whatever, but he quietly thanks whoever that friend is, that friend is an angel. 

 

When Jinki arrived at Adieu, he waved straight to Kibum and told him to wait. Jinki went to the shop's store room. It took him another 5 minutes inside the store room but Kibum felt like he waited another 4 hours again. 

 

What. is. taking. Jinki. so. long.

 

Kibum stood up, ready to barge in the shop's store room, but Jinki suddenly got out holding a music sheet and a pen?

 

"For what?" Kibum asked pointing at the things Jinki was holding,

 

"Hmmm?" Jinki looks unsure what those are for too.

 

"Anyway, let's go, we're getting pretty late." Kibum said as he held Jinki's wrist and waved goodbye to the part-timer.

 

"Ki... bum..." Jinki sounded embarrased,

 

Kibum stopped walking and faced Jinki.

 

"Why?"

 

Jinki awkwardly pouted while pointing his lips into his wrist that Kibum was dragging since they left Adieu.

 

"Oh, I forgot."

 

After a few minutes of walking. They arrived at the subway station. It was 1 in the afternoon, so the train is packed with employees running late for their afternoon work.

 

Kibum, again held Jinki's wrist, like a mom holding his son so it won't get lost. Kibum looked at Jinki, Jinki looked surprised, but Kibum just smiled at him, so Jinki smiled back.

 

"You should smile often, you'll look younger, old man." Key teased,

 

It was the first time Kibum called Jinki, old man, and Kibum thinks Jinki kinda like it because he laughed it off more than looking offended.

 

They arrived at the convention at 2PM, and Jinki's architecture friend welcomed them in the entrance door.

 

"What took you so long, Jinki?" Jinki seemed like he wants to introduced Kibum but the guy link his arms to Jinki and walk into the event hall. Kibum just quietly walk behind them, looking so pissed and a bit jealous. 

 

Why. Are. They. Linking. Arms.
Why. Am. I. Jealous.
O. M. G.

As they arrive inside, different miniatures of future architecture designs from different firms are displayed, and also a lot of bluprints are on the wall looking like artworks. Kibum was beyond amazed. Everything was beautiful and looked so grand. 

 

He got immersed into looking at the different designs and partly forgot that he was with Jinki.

 

Kibum also got brochures from different architectural firm because it might come handy when he graduates.

 

As Kibum is still so deep into looking at the designs, he saw Jinki and his friend nearby. He went closer to them.

 

"Everything is amazing. Thank you for inviting me here, Jinki!!" Kibum excitedly ran into Jinki and held both of Jinki's and hugged it.

When Kibum realized the shocked he has done with Jinki and also his friend, he calmed himself down and introduced himself.

 

"Sorry, I was just... excited?" Kibum said, embarrased. "I'm Kibum, Kim Kibum, 2nd year urban lanscape student. Jinki's..." Kibum paused and looked at Jinki, Jinki gave him a confused look, "Jinki's friend." He flashed his beautiful smile and offered a handshake.

 

He shook Kibum's hand and introduced himself too, "I'm Lee Joon, I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and..." Joon looked at Jinki bashfully, "I'm glad Jinki has made a new friend."

 

"What are you talking about!" Jinki immediately protested like a child to Lee Joon. It was the first time Kibum saw Jinki complain like that, in their almost 3 weeks friendship, the Jinki he saw are always shy Jinki, confused Jinki, lost Jinki, quiet Jinki, baby Jinki.... Baby?? 

 

Kibum blushed and laughed at his crazy thoughts. Lee Joon also laughed, maybe because of Jinki's priceless reaction??

 

"Are you hungry? We got foods upstairs," Lee Joon asked both of them.

 

Kibum was about to accept the offer because truthfully, he didn't eat breakfast because he was excited. All he had for this day are the three drinks he drank while waiting for Jinki to arrive. 

 

"We'll still have somewhere to go to." Jinki said, "We will also get going now, if Kibum is done looking at everything?" Jinki shifted his gaze to Kibum, asking him

 

"I guess?" Kibum answered, but his face screams I AM HUNGRY OLD MAN

 

Lee Joon seems like he got what Kibum is feeling, so he insisted they get food before they go. Kibum didn't wait for Jinki to agree, he linked his arms to jinki, ready to drag him.

 

"Lead the way, Lee Joonssi."

 

After getting food, the three of them sit together on a table. Jinki and Lee Joon beside each other and Kibum on the opposite side.

 

"How did you two met?" Lee Joon asked them both,

 

Kibum wasn't sure if it was proper for him to answer the question, or if he should answer because Jinki might not?

 

He waits for Jinki to answer. Lee Joon looks at them both because no one is speaking.

 

"He is a regular customer in the shop." Jinki finally answered, still looking at his food.

 

"I came to his cafe often, so we eventually became friends." Kibum added,

 

"That fast?" Lee Joon sounded shocked, "I had to go through a lot before Jinki considered me a friend." Lee Joon rested his arm into Jinki's shoulder,

 

"We aren't really close..." Kibum paused, "....yet." and smiled at Jinki,

 

Now that Kibum thinks about it, all those times they were 'talking,' Jinki rarely spoke, he just listens. Kibum only knows his name, his age... Only his name and his age?? 

 

Kibum was shocked, dropped his fork upon his realization. All those times, 95% was about himself. Jinki didn't open up to him about his life yet. Kibum felt sad and disappointed with his realization.

 

"Are you okay?" Jinki asked Kibum,

 

Kibum immediately picked up his fork. "I'm fine. I just remembered something."

 

After eating, they said goodbye to Lee Joon and Jinki called a taxi.

 

Kibum didn't know where they are going, nor in the mood to ask Jinki. Kibum wants to know more about Jinki, not because it is unfair that Jinki knows more about him, he just... wants. to. know. what. made. Jinki. this. way.

 

Kibum might have slept during the trip. They arrived at Han river, just in time for sunset. 

 

Jinki sat on the grass field, and tapped the space beside him, telling Kibum to sit beside him.

 

Kibum sat beside Jinki. Suddenly, its quiet. Not suffocating quiet, but peaceful one. They just both stare at the sunset.

 

Kibum feels Jinki is staring at him. He just let him. Totally immersed with the sunset's beauty, when he felt Jinki's hand held his.

 

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★onkey

It took me so long to update. I hope you enjoy!! Yay, thank you for the 9 subscribers, only one more to make it ten!!! And we had a new onkey moment last thursday!!! Yaaaay :)))|