ONE

au revior

DAEGU.


It happened a month after Kibum's grandmother died. It was strange and scary. Kibum went out early telling his mom that he would visit his grandmother's grave, however, he didn't come back even after dinner time. Kibum's mom called her friends, Minho and Taemin, but Kibum wasn't in their houses also. Morning came, Kibum's dad got a call from the police that they have  found Kibum sleeping near the lake, and is now on their way home.

"What are you doing overnight near the lake young man?" the officer asked Kibum, but Kibum doesn't answer, he doesn't remember what happened.


3 years later. SEOUL.

 

"I swear, I don't really have any idea how I ended up sleeping near the lake!" 

 

Kibum tells Minho and Taemin for the nth time since that happened.

 

All Kibum remembers is that, after telling his mom that he is going to his grandmother's graveyard, he bought flowers, rode the bus, get off the bus and went into his grandma's tomb. That's all he can recall that day.

 

It was a mystery and Kibum is too scared to find out what happened. He started to attend masses after that day too, to shoo away the bad energies and evil spirits who might have come near him. He doesn't believe in ghosts, but better sure than sorry right?

 

Kibum is now in college, majoring in urban design and architecture; while Minho in civil engineering, Taemin isn't in college yet, but their family moved to Seoul when his dad got promoted with his job.

 

They hang out every weekends if their schedule permits them. Today, they are going in a coffee shop near Kibum's dorm, named "Adieu." It is actually a new coffee shop which opened a week ago, Kibum heard so much positive reviews about its coffee, its pastries, and its good looking boss.

 

When they arrived, the coffee shop looks like other coffe shops. The counter is located adjacent the entrance door, on the other side their are tables and chairs facing the window, and more seats in the center. However, the place felt gloomy. Maybe because of the clock and other old-looking things, which Kibum thinks is the theme of the shop, that makes it look sad.

 

"Antique themed?" Kibum, unsure, tells Minho and Taemin as they sit on a table near the window.

 

Minho and Taemin ordered their food and drinks while Kibum scans the coffee shop to find the owner. 

 

"I guess the owner isn't here today," Kibum, sounded disappointed, said when Taemin goes back to his seat.

 

"You know the owner, hyung?" Taemin asked,

 

"No, but I heard he is extemely good looking and that he is young." Kibum said excitedly,

 

"Ohhh, that sounds like this-would-be-my-hangout-place-until-I-see-the-owner-and-make-him-mine," Taemin teased Kibum

 

"What are you guys laughing about?" minho asked as he arrives with their coffee and cakes,

 

Kibum is not really like that. He's the type that never got into any relationship nor interested to get into. He just likes to have crush, a lot of it, and imagine fluffy things with his crush and get inspiration. And Taemin saying "make him mine" means the crush being Kibum's next imaginary boyfriend.

 

As they eat their orders, Minho nonstop compliments how perfect the coffee was, it wasn't super sweet nor super bitter, just the exact taste a person wants his coffee to taste like. Also the cake, it was so soft and the strawberry icing wasn't too sweet for him. Taemin and Key agreed and also talked about how they should go back here again next time.

 

They also talked about how their week went off and that Kibum plans to get a puppy. But not so urgent, he just thought that taking care of puppies might be a lot of fun. Also, Minho talked about how he wants to officially join the soccer team, but he doesn't know if he can balance his studies and sports.

 

Speaking of sports, Minho and Taemin went home first to catch the soccer finals game on tv. On the other hand, Kibum decided to stay longer in the coffee shop to review some of his notes because he cannot concentrate in the dorm, with his bed always calling him to sleep.

 

It was 9pm, an hour before the closing of the cafè, Kibum was the only customer left in the shop when he decided to order another cappucino for take out. 

 

Upon exiting the shop, a man, almost the same height and age as Kibum entered the coffee shop. Kibum's eyes met his, the man looked shocked, like he has seen a ghost. Kibum, however, cannot help not to notice his eyes, it was beautiful coffee brown color which sparkles, but never mind the shocked expression written on his face. Kibum just smiled at him and went out of the shop confused, but he heard the man utter words like 'i'm sorry'. 

 

"Am I too beautiful?" Kibum asks himself while walking home to his dorm.

 

★☆★☆★☆onkey; please subscribe and upvote if you liked it! :)