TWO

au revior

Today is Jonghyun's death anniversary. Jinki feels so downcasted so he cancelled all his plans for the day and decided to just stay at home. 

 

As he roll on his bed, he cannot help to remember the happy times when he woke up with Jonghyun smiling by his side, hugging each other tightly, giving warmth againts their cold bodies, and all their good morning kisses. Now, the other side of the bed felt very empty; however, what he is feeling inside is so much more desolate and slowly killing him. He felt tears run down on his cheeks.

 

"I miss you... so much." Jinki whispered into the wind as he continues to sob.

 

Jinki and Jonghyun was introduced to each other during their stay in the university, they were dormmates, freshmen, both majoring in music. Since they both love music, they got along well together. It was Jinki who liked Jonghyun first. When he saw Jonghyun cry and when Jonghyun almost took his life because his girlfriend broke up with him, at the same time when Jonghyun's dad died. Jonghyun's life was all crumbling down, and it was Jinki who saved him and Jinki swore to himself that he needs to protect Jonghyun and not to see Jonghyun cry again.

 

Jinki woke up again around 3pm. He decided to take a bath, eat and go to Han River.

 

lt was their usual date place. It was where they often go to write songs. Also to hang around, ride bicycle, picnic and all. There, they feel really at peace.

 

Jinki suddenly remembered Jonghyun's last words to him, "You won't have to take care of me anymore. Please continue to live and be happy. This are my final requests. Goodbye." 

 

"How can I be happy when you aren't here by my side?" Jinki sobs as he throws a stone on the water, "You are so selfish. You do whatever you want, you leave when you want to." Jinki cries even more. "I miss you, I can't be happy without you."

 

Tears continue to fall down his face. He lied down on the grasses beside the river. He stayed at Han River until 7pm and when he finally calmed himself down, he left and went to close his cafè.

 

He opened a coffee shop a week ago near the university where he and Jonghyun met. Though he misses Jonghyun, he chose to live because it was one of Jonghyun's last requests. 

 

Jinki stopped going to university. There's just no more reason, inspiration and will for him to continue. No matter how he tried writing and composing, it's all never enough, the melodies and the lyrics don't sound right.

 

He arrived around 9pm in the cafe, exactly an hour before the closing time. There were barely no customers inside when he looked at it from the outside. He entered the shop and saw a customer in the counter.

 

"It was him." Jinki thought. Jinki's eyes got big. Jinki cannot move and remained his eyes on the customer. His heart beats so fast. He met the customer's eyes. It was very different. It was different. The customer smiled at him and left the cafè.

 

"I'm sorry," Jinki said and started to cry again. He suddenly feels weak again.

 

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★onkey

this is a very very very short update, i wanted to add some more but the next scene would be kibum's pov again, so i will just try to update as fast as possible. thank you for subscribing guys. :)