♠ BaekSoo 2/3

Exo Family Stories

http://66.media.tumblr.com/5c0032ce5dbd2ef1efd5e695ab286172/tumblr_n0w5qmByrH1rxv75ko1_500.gif

 

 

Six weeks after finding out about their unexpected twins, Kyungsoo’s pregnancy was still a secret to everyone but it was just a matter of time until the first of their closest friends or family members would find out. 

 

Eleven weeks in Kyungsoo was already carrying a small bump with him and even the large shirts he wore to cover his belly were sometimes not able to hide the fact that he was expecting. 

 

If it would’ve been up to Baekhyun everyone would already know but Kyungsoo was just too stubborn to finally open up about their addition to their live. “Babe, my father has invited us for dinner this weekend. He’d like to take us out to your favorite restaurant.”

 

Kyungsoo was standing in the bedroom in front of the mirror, trying to tuck the blue checkered shirt he had thrown over into his jeans the most flattering way possible but the small bulge of his belly gave him a hard time. “Well, I guess we have to reject then. You know just as good as I am that I’m not allowed to eat raw fish and that’s unfortunately what they serve at a sushi restaurant.”

 

Baek sighed softly. “I thought of using this as an opportunity to finally tell him about the twins.”

 

“I told you I don’t want to tell anyone yet,” Kyungsoo said, still fiddling with his shirt. 

 

“I don’t get why. It’s been over a month since we found out and we’ve discussed so much already,” Baekhyun said. “Besides, you’re hardly able to hide that little bump. They’ll find out eventually.”

 

“Yeah, eventually but not today and not this weekend.”

 

Baekhyun sighed again. This time louder and able for Kyungsoo to hear. “What?!” The younger spun around, huffing in anger. “What’s wrong with me not wanting to tell anyone yet?! Are you that desperate to tell them?!”

 

“N-no,” a little startled by the sudden outburst of his spouse, Baekhyun swallowed. “I just thought us telling them is easier than explaining why we kept it a secret when they find out by accident.”

 

“Baek, I just don’t feel like telling them right now. Just accept it, okay?!”

 

“Yes, I’m sorry. I promise to not bug you with it again.” Gazing at his wrist watch, the office worker hummed. “It’s still early but would you like to go and have lunch before the doctor’s appointment?”

 

“Hm, maybe something light?”

 

“There’s this small bistro with the salad and sandwich bar,” Baek suggested. “Up for that?”

 

Nodding, the expecting hummed. “Yes.”

 

It was a warm early summer day and Baekhyun was glad that he had left his jacket at home as he would probably have broke into sweat by now and he was amazed by how unfaced Kyungsoo was by the heat that was coming from the brightly shining sun. “Aren’t you hot?”

 

The shirt Kyungsoo wore wasn’t a thin cotton fabric but wool and Baekhyun was sure the younger must’ve been feeling hot.

 

“I’m good,” Kyungsoo said. 

 

“Really? But it’s so warm today. I’d sweat to death in that shirt.”

 

“Well, I don’t. I’m actually a little cold.” 

 

Baekhyun raised his brows. “What? Are you okay? You’re really feeling cold? That’s not normal.”

 

Kyungsoo only shrugged. “I’ve been feeling cold a lot lately. I think it’s because of the change my body is going through.”

 

Baekhyun hummed. Kyungsoo was so calm about it but he couldn’t help but being worried. He had spent a lot of time on browsing the internet, gathering informations on twin pregnancies and not all the had read was calming his flattering nerves. The risk of a miscarriage was extremely high and some parents of twins even had troubles with holding a healthy weight as the body was working harder and different as it had to provide for two fetuses.

 

Baekhyun was secretly hoping that his spouse would develop cravings so he’d put on some weight as he had the feeling that Kyungsoo had already lost a few pounds in the past few weeks.

 

After a nice lunch with some caprese sandwiches and grilled chicken , the couple made their way to the doctor’s office. Kyungsoo was scheduled for yet another ultrasound scan and Baekhyun was eager to see his babies again. 

 

Over the past weeks he had grown so fond of the fact that he soon would be a father, he couldn’t wait for the day he finally was able to hold his children in his arms. 

 

The practice was well visited but they didn’t have to wait long. Baekhyun sat down and quietly watched as Kyungsoo took off his flannel shirt and rolled up his t-shirt, exposing his small bump.

 

“Oh, there’s quite some to see already, huh?” The doctor’s brought his hands to the baby bump and gently dug the tips of his fingers into the flesh. “They seem to grow magnificently.”

 

The comment had both, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun smiling. Kyungsoo flinched a little when the doctor poured some of the gel onto his skin and turned his head to gaze at the monitor of the sonography when the medic started the ultrasound.  “Oh look, they’ve got your big head.”

 

Baekhyun gasped. “E-excuse me?”

 

The expecting snickered and the doctor laughed along. “How are you doing with the fact that you’re having twins?”

 

“Uh, me?” Baek asked, pointing at himself.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Uhm, I’m good. Why?”

 

“Often soon-to-be parents have difficulties adapting to the fact that there will be two babies instead of one, especially when it’s the first time,” the doctor said. “There are many different factors that can cause anxiety, on both sides.”

 

“Ah yeah?” Baekhyun frowned a little when the doctor glaced at Kyungsoo. “Uh-”

 

The rest of the appointment went on quite awkward with only the medic talking. The babies were doing well, were as healthy as they could be and Baekhyun was glad to hear that but he was much more curious of the mentions the doctor had made. Was Kyungsoo perhaps dealing with anxiety? 

 

“Uh, babe?”

 

“Hm?” Kyungsoo hummed not looking away from the shop window he was looking into. 

 

“Are you not feeling good about having twins? You know, I’m worried now. What the doc has said it kinda makes sense with you also not wanting to tell anyone about them.”

 

Stopping in his tracks, Kyungsoo turned to the older. “I’m happy to have them but as I told you before I still have to process the fact that it’ll be twins. In the past weeks I’ve been thinking of all the changes a-” “But we’ll do it, I know we will,” Baek cut in. “There’s no need for you to worry.”

 

“But I can’t help it,” the expecting said. “What if we don’t find an bigger apartment on time? Baek, we don’t have a full nine months to find a new apartment, move and prepare everything. The majority of twins get born around the 35 week of pregnancy and before that it’s required to rest as much as possible to prevent a premature labor.”

 

“Yeah, but-” “No,” Kyungsoo spoke up again. “You can’t do it all alone, even if you wanted to. You see, we have to figure everything in a timely manner and that’s what stresses me out. We have barely 6 months left, that’s not much time.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to counter but Kyungsoo was right. Six months were not much time. “I’m sorry,” he apologized, sighing softly. “I haven’t really thought of this. I mean, I have but I haven’t realized that we only have about six months to get it all done. And I also apologize for being so pushy about finally announcing that we’re having twins. I just-” 

 

“It’s fine,” Kyungsoo said. “I know you’re excited and finally want to share the news but-” “What news?!”

 

Both, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, flinched at the sudden loud voice that sounded up behind the expecting. Letting his eyes fall shut, Kyungsoo sighed. “-”

 

Baekhyun tilted his head to look past his husband and put on a weird smile. “Jongdae, hey. What are you doing here?”

 

“Ah, just a little shopping,” Jongdae answered, stepping closer to the couple. “So, and what are those news you’re excited about to announce?”
 

Kyungsoo grabbed onto the ends of his flannel and tucked at it to cover his bump. When Jongdae came to halt next to him, he smiled. “Ah, the news. Eh, we f-finally decide to move.”

 

“Oh really? Are you looking for an apartment again or are you trying to find a house?”

 

“W-we’re not sure yet,” Baek took over. “It depends.”

 

Jongdae hummed. “Houses are expensive but well, it would be nice to have one.”

 

“Sure,” Kyungsoo nodded. “But like Baek said, we’re not sure yet. And what are you shopping for?”

 

Their friends lips curled into weird grin. “Well-”

 

“Well, what?”

 

“Ah, you know. Junmyeon said we should wait a little longer but I’m so excited about it, I’ll just tell you!”

 

“Well, then tell us,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “What is it?”

 

“We’re having a baby,” Jongdae squealed.

 

“You too?” Kyungsoo whipped his head around to his husband and Baekhyun slapped a hand over his mouth.  “Oops.”

 

“No way, you’re having a baby, too?!” Jongdae’s mouth fell open. He looked back and forth the couple until his gaze dropped to Kyungsoo still holding onto his shirt. “Oh my god, you’re really having a baby! Wait, how far are you that you’re hiding it?!”

 

Kyungsoo let go of his shirt when Jongdae reached out for his hands. He knew he couldn’t fight it. “I’m 11 weeks along-”

 

“11 weeks? That does not look like 11 weeks,” Jongdae said, raising a brow. “Don’t fool me.”

 

“Kyungsoo is expecting twins,” Baekhyun said. 

 

Jongdae’s mouth fell open. “Twins?!”

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head. “Yes,” he confirmed. “But please keep it a secret okay, we didn’t want to tell anyone yet.”

 

Almost immediately Jongdae nodded his head. “Yes, of course. Don’t worry, I’ll keep it. But can I tell Junmyeon?”

 

“Well, yeah,” Soo said. “Of course but tell him to not tell anyone, okay?”

 

“Sure, sure,” the friend said. “Actually, I have to ask you the same. As said, Junmyeon also didn’t want to tell anyone yet.”

 

“How far is he along? Or are you having the baby?” Baekhyun asked. 

 

“Oh, he’s expecting and we actually just found out the other day. He’s only three weeks along. We’ve had some troubles tough. I wanted to immediately tell everyone but he wants to keep it until he has passed the third month. Also, he’s a little stressed about our current living situation.”

 

“Finally someone who feels me,” Kyungsoo deeply sighed. “He wants to move as well, right?”

 

“Well, let’s be honest, we have to,” Jongdae said. “Our apartment may be big but as it’s a loft we don’t have a second fully closed room and we both don’t want our baby to have a open bedroom. We have started looking for apartments already but the market is tight. Junmyeon is afraid we might won’t get a suitable one on time.”

 

Baekhyun hummed and gazed at his husband. He had the urge to apologize again but he kept it when Kyungsoo smiled at him, gently shaking his head. Looking back at Jongdae, he titled his head a little. “Did you book a broker?”

 

“We did. She’s doing a great job but like I said, the market is tight. Yesterday we got rejected once they heard that we’re having a baby. They want the complex to be quiet and child-free.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned. “Oh, that’s mean.”

 

“It sure is but yeah, we can’t change it. I have suggested to look for a house too but you know Junmyeon, he’s a downtown soul.”

 

“Uh, downtown will be expensive.”

 

“Yeah, probably. I’m trying to convince him to move into a more quiet area but yeah, he’s stubborn. He desperately wants to stay centered.”

 

“Is your broker expensive?” Kyungsoo asked. 

 

Jongdae shook his head. “No, it’s reasonable. She’s cost us around 150 bucks so far and her commission isn’t bad either. Would you like her number?”

 

“Do really want a broker to help us?” Baekhyun wanted to know. 

 

The expecting nodded and shrugged. “Why not? A broker has definitely more options to find housing than we do and if she’s not expensive why not giving it a try?”

 

Baekhyun nodded along the words. “Yeah, right. We could give it a try.”

 

“Here,” Jongdae said and opened his wallet. “I have her card,” he said and handed Baekhyun the business card of the broker. “She’s got her office quite close to our house but she also does home visits. She’ll bring some papers you can fill out and according to your informations she’ll then try to find apartments.”

 

“Is she good?”

 

“She is,” Jongdae nodded. “She’s showed us beautiful objects but-”

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun broke into smiles when their friend chuckled and shook his head. “Junmyeon finds faults in all the apartments, huh?”

 

“Oh, don’t ask. The last apartment was a dream but Junmyeon rejected it because he didn’t like the balcony flooring.”

 

“He’s always been a little a picky,” Baek snickered. “But well, if she’s showed you great objects so far we really should give her a try.”

 

They gave the broker a try the same exact day and Kyungsoo agreed on meeting with her the next day during Baekhyun’s lunch break. They met the middle aged woman in a small cafe close to Baek’s workplace.      

 

“Oh, so you’re friends of the Kim’s?”

 

“Yes, we are,” Baek answered. “But don’t worry, we’re not that picky.”

 

“Baek,” Kyungsoo gasped, hitting the older in the shoulder.

 

The broker laughed. “No worries, I won’t tell them. And besides, they’re pretty tame so far.”

 

“Hard to believe when someone rejects a great apartment only because they didn’t like the flooring of the balcony.”

 

“Baekhyun, enough.” Kyungsoo shook his head. “I’m sorry,” he apologized. “Well, as we’ve already told you, we’d like you to find us an apartment with at least three bedrooms.”

 

“The apartment Mr. Byun has just mentioned has three bedrooms, would you like to take a look at it?”

 

“The one our friend rejected because of the flooring?”

 

The woman nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Oh-”

 

“It’s a three bedroom, two bathroom apartment with an open living and dining area and open kitchen. The balcony is south-facing and the apartment complex features a private park with green areas and a playground.”

 

“Is the apartment for rent or sale?”

 

“Both.”

 

“What would you recommend for the apartment?”

 

In terms of renting or buying? I’d buy it. It is a nice apartment in a nice neighborhood and great location and it would be easy to sell it again.”

 

“How much is it?”

 

“$850,000.”

 

The couple gasped. “T-that’s-”

 

“I know, it is a lot if money but it's worth the price.”

Kyungsoo bit down his lip. “I think we're not able to afford that.”

 

“Well, you always have the option to rent it.”

 

The expecting opened his mouth but Baekhyun interrupted him even before he could say a word. “I'd like to look at it.”

 

The broker smiled. “Sure, when do you have time?”

 

“Now?”

 

“Don't you have to go back to the office?” Kyungsoo frowned when his husband shook his head.

 

“My boss knows that we're looking for a new place and he said it's okay if I don't come back to the office today.”

 

“Oh, that's very nice of your boss. Shall we then go and take a look?”

 

The apartment was a dream. It was spacious, flooded with light and Kyungsoo fell in love with the wooden floor and the balcony, that gave a nice view into the park of the apartment complex.

 

What he did not fall in love with was the rent of almost $1.5k monthly and so he was lost for words when Baekhyun asked the broker to prepare the selling contract.

 

“Are you out of your mind?” Kyungsoo whispered but it more sounded like a hiss. “What the heck?!”

 

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks and turned to his expecting husband. “You like it don't you?”

 

“Well, I like a lot of things I don't have the money for. Baekhyun, where are you planning to take that money from?”

 

“I'll ask for a loan at the bank.”

 

“They'll never give you one.”

 

“I think they will. I have a good paid job and you shouldn't forget that we've been saving money ever since we moved in together, right.”

 

“Yeah, but what have we saved so far. It can't be that much.”

 

“You have never checked it, huh?”

 

Baekhyun’s amused smile had Kyungsoo frowning in confusion. “N-no, I haven't. How much is it?”

 

“Almost 250k.”

 

“What?! How?”

 

“Well, it's all your work, though,” Baek smiled. “You've been depositing all your birthday money, bonus payments and such into it. Then there's the money you've inherited from your grandmother and the money we've been gifted for the wedding.”

 

“I never really checked,” Kyungsoo confessed. “I'm shocked.”

 

“I was too,” the older laughed. “But with this money and my job we can get a loan. Come on, I know you'd like to get the apartment and it's not that we won't get any use out of it. If we ever feel like moving again, we could sell it again or rent it out. Or maybe it turns into our retirement home, who knows.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed softly but smiled. “Right,” he said. “I really would like to have it.”

 

Taking a step closer to his spouse, Baek reached for his arms. “We're getting it and you can decorate it just the way you like.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed and closed his eyes when he got kissed. “Thank you.”

 

“Anything for you and our babies.”




 




 

Getting the loan for the house went much more smooth than Kyungsoo had expected and he felt giddy all over when he and Baekhyun signed the papers, making the apartment theirs. 

 

For the moving, Baekhyun took off the following Monday of the weekend and Jongdae and Junmyeon were there to help, just as Baekhyun’s father.

 

“Kyungsoo, darling, where would you like to have this one?” The elderly man asked, holding onto a large flower pot.

 

“Oh, balcony please,” Kyungsoo said, gifting the man a smile. “Thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo was sitting on the living room floor, unpacking dishes. His belly had grown a lot over the past weeks, stretching out his striped shirt.

 

Junmyeon was with him, fiddling with one of the wrapped up coffee mugs. “Have you already thought of how to decorate the twins room?”

 

“Rooms,” Soo said. “They'll both get their own room.”

 

“What?! You gonna separate them?”

 

“Is that a problem?”

 

“I-” Junmyeon paused. “Why?”

 

“I have asked my doctor and he said it's totally fine to not let them sleep together,” Kyungsoo said. “I'm just not comfortable with the thought of having them both crying at the same time only because one woke the other up. After all it’s not that I have experience with handling twins and I feel most safe and comfortable this way.”

 

“Well yeah, you're right. Sorry, I guess I had this cliché in mind of twins having to share a bed or room.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled at his friend. “It's fine. How are you, by the way? Jongdae said you're to feeling well lately. You could've stayed home.”

 

“Oh no, I've been home way too much lately,” Myeon groaned. “I'm glad to be here. I don't know, my body is not adapting well the the changes. I'm literally cursed with morning sickness.”

 

Kyungsoo grimaced. “I'm sorry to hear that.”

 

“It'll eventually go away. Hopefully,” Myeon chuckled. “You've been blessed so far, huh?”

 

“Yes, I've only got a little carving for cheesecake.”

 

“That's not a craving anymore,” Baekhyun’s voice suddenly sounded up. “That's an addiction. A very expensive addiction.” The man walked by the two expecting and set down a moving box. “Yesterday he ate three pieces of cake at Starbucks.”

 

“If you like I can exchange my cravings with mood swings.”

 

“Son, you better be happy with those cravings.”

 

Turning to his father, Baek tilted his head. “Why?”

 

“Cravings may be weird or can be pricey but mood swings are the worst. I had those when I was having you and gosh, I hated myself. In one second everything was fine and in the next I wanted to murder someone. I once broke into tears at the grocery store because they ran out of strawberry milk.”

 

“Wow, we now know where you've got your drama queen attitude from,” Jongdae commented, earning himself a glare from Baekhyun.

 

“It really was no fun,” the elderly continued. “Having mood swings can be super frustrating. Hormones shouldn't be underestimated.”

 

“Okay,” Baek sighed. “I'm happy for cravings.”

 

“As we speak of them,” Kyungsoo said, lips curling into a sweet smile. “Would you get me some cake? And this nice lime passion tea?”

 

“Of course. Iced?”

 

“Yes, please.”

 

Baekhyun nodded his head. “Does anyone else here would like to have something? A mocha for you, Papa?”

 

“Yes,” that would be nice.

 

“I'd take an iced tea, too. The same as Soo,” Junmyeon smiled.

 

“Yeah, and I'll take an iced white mocha with soy milk and whipped cream. Venti, please. Oh, and ask if they can top the cream with caramel sauce.”

 

“Ask them yourself,” Baek spat at his best friend. “You're coming with me!”

 

Jongdae whined. “Why?!”

 

“Because!”

 

“I don't want to.”

 

“Then there won't be no coffee for you.”

 

“You're an , Byun.”

 

“Just as much as you.”

 

As the bickering soon-to-be father's left the apartment to head to the next Starbucks, Kyungsoo, Junmyeon and Baekhyun’s father continued to unpack the boxes. They were able to unpack the entire kitchen dishes and utensils in the time Baekhyun and Jongdae were gone.

 

“Took you long,” Myeon said, taking his ice tea from Baekhyun. 

 

“The shop is more than packed,” Jongdae said. “All of the sudden three employees left and the two remaining girls had to do everything alone.”

 

Baekhyun nodded. “We thought of cancelling the order but we didn't want to get them out of the flow they fell into. Sorry for the wait.” 

 

“It's fine,” Kyungsoo smiled. “I'd like to invite you to the restaurant down the street for dinner, if you're up for it.”

 

“What do they serve?” 

 

“European cuisine, so I guess French, Italian and such.”

 

“Sounds good,” Junmyeon said. “Thank you.”

 

“No, thank you for helping us.”

 

“Not worth mentioning,” Baekhyun’s father smiled. “That's what we're there for.”

 

With the help of family and friends Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were able to move into their new home in no time. After around one week all boxes were unpacked and the apartment started to look like a home. Having decided to get their children off-white furniture for their rooms, Kyungsoo chose a light vanilla color for the wall paint. He had an attentive eye on the painters as they started to transform the plain white walls. “Could you leave me some space on the edges?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Thank you very much.” Shuffling to the kitchen, Kyungsoo poured the four working men some glasses of lemonade. It was a fairly hot day and even though the apartment was cooled by the air-con, he was sure they’d gladly receive some refreshing drinks. 

 

Just as he had brought the beverage to the painters and was on his way back to the kitchen, the front door opened and a sweat soaked Baekhyun stepped into the entrance hall. “What are you already doing here? An why are you so sweaty?”

 

“The air-con in the office broke,” Baek answered, huffing a little. “I thought I was going to die, I tell you.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled softly, humming when he received a kiss from the older. “Go and take a shower, I’ll prepare you some lemonade.”

 

“You’re an angel.”

 

Baekhyun was back from his shower in no time, coming to the kitchen dressed in a loose shirt and some sweat shorts. “The rooms look good already,” he said and leaned against the kitchen counter. “The color is nice.”

 

“I told you.”

 

“Yeah, I’ve got to admit that. But to my defense, vanilla screams yellow to me.”

 

“Don’t you like yellow?”

 

“I like red as well but wouldn’t paint my wall like it.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed. “Okay, point for you.”

 

“If they get it done today, we can build up the furniture tomorrow, huh?”

 

“We?” Kyungsoo asked, raising a brow. “You want to build it up yourself?”

 

“Sure, why not?”

 

Biting down his lip, the expecting tried to bite back a chuckle. “Babe, don’t get me wrong but you’ve got two left hands. Remember what happened when you build up the chairs back when we moved into our first apartment?”

 

Baekhyun wanted to say no but of course he remembered. Due to his lack of handy screwing skills one of the chairs broke under weight of Kyungsoo’s mother and she crashed to the floor, hurting her behind. “W-well-”

 

“It’s fine, I called Yifan and asked him for help. He’ll drop by on Thursday.”

 

Baekhyun puffed his cheeks. He really wanted to do it himself for the safety of his babies it probably was better to let Yifan do it. The Chinese was a handy guy and was able to screw together everything in no time. “We should treat him for dinner.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “I’ll cook something. You know, I thought of making him the twins godfather.”

 

“Oh really? What about Jongdae and Junmyeon?”

 

“Well, they’re together. It doesn’t make if a difference if we make one or both of them the twins godparents.”

 

Baekhyun hummed. “Well, that’s true.”

 

“I think it would be nice to have all of them as their godparents. After all they're our best friends.”

 

The older nodded his head. “Yes, it’s a good idea. You know, Jongdae has said something about Junmyeon having a baby shower. Do you want to have one, too?”

 

”A baby shower? You mean one of those parties?” Kyungsoo scrunched his nose when Baekhyun nodded. “Nah, I don’t like that. What’s the purpose of that anyways? If your friends want to get you a gift for the baby they’ll do it on their own and we’re not going to reveal the-oh,” the expecting paused. “Wait, does it mean they want to reveal the gender of their baby?”

 

“Seems like it, yeah.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “What do you think they’re having?”

 

“A girl, maybe? If I remember it right, both of their families are female dominated, I wouldn’t be surprised if they get a daughter.” 

 

“Just imagine them having a daughter with Junmyeon’s light skin and Jongdae’s lashes.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “That girl would look like a little doll then.”

 

“Probably.”

 

“Do you sometimes wonder what our children will look like?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded, placing a hand on his round bump. “I do, but the pictures I have in mind vary. I actually don’t care whom they’ll take after or if they gonna be a mix of us. All I want them to be is healthy.”

 

“Right,” Baek smiled. “But, if you could give them one particular feature, what would it be?”

 

Humming, the young expecting moved to the fridge and opened it. “Hm, I don’t know,” he said, reaching for a yogurt. Closing the fridge, he turned back to his husband. “I guess, if I really could give them a certain feature then it would be your father’s height? I mean, they most likely will be on the shorter side as we’re not exactly the tallest but it would be nice if they could get some of the height your father has.”

 

Baekhyun tilted his head. One of his fathers indeed was a tall man, standing a height of almost six feet and especially when Baekhyun was younger he hoped to become as tall as his father. But unfortunately he wasn’t quite blessed and had to live with not even 1,75m. It sometimes bothered him that he was not any taller but as he couldn’t change it, he accepted it. “Let’s say we get boys that get blessed with my fathers height, we at some point will have teenagers that tower us.”

 

“That’s fine,” Soo smiled. “In that case we’ll always have someone who can reach the upper cupboards.”

 

Baek chuckled. “Well yeah, I guess that would be very convenient. But let’s see what we get. Either way, I’m excited to finally meet them.” He reached out to Kyungsoo and gently patted the baby bump.

 

“Yes, me too.”





 




 

                   

 

  

23 weeks along Kyungsoo was more than obviously expecting. He was carrying quite a bump with him and where he was already not feeling well at all, the crazy fall weather made everything worse. 

 

And it wasn’t only the expecting suffering. Kyungsoo having to deal with all the changes of his body and the nast hormones, Baekhyun got pushed away by his love. Kyungsoo was not feeling good in his skin, hating the way he looked, hating the way he wasn’t able to control his emotions and it caused him wanting to be alone most of the time. 

 

“Babe?” Carefully approaching his husband, Baekhyun stepped to the couch. “I’ll go and do the grocery shopping. Do you want me to bring you something? Ice-cream or anything?”

 

“Ice-cream?” Kyungsoo huffed. “Do you want me to get even more fat?!”

 

“You’re not fat,” Baek countered, trying to keep calm as Kyungsoo rose from the couch. “Then, do you want me to bring you something else? Maybe the sparkling lemon water you like so much?”

 

“You know exactly that carbonated drinks cause me stomach aches! Are you stupid?! God, just leave me alone!”
 

Baekhyun almost palmed his face. He completely forgot. Kyungsoo’s stomach was so hypersensitive at the moment, even plain bread caused him to have heartburn the other day. Hurring out of the living room, the young office worker grabbed his wallet, coat and shopping list and headed out. 

 

It was a sunny day with many people sitting in the sun, outside the coffee shops, enjoying warm drinks and he wasn’t surprised to see his friends being among them when he past by the cafe he and his friends usually met at. 

 

“Baek, hey!” Jongdae greeted. “Come here, have a seat.”

 

“You don’t look good at all,” Junmyeon stated. The expecting was comfortably lounging in his chair, holding onto a large cup of hot chocolate. “Stress at home?”

 

“Stress,” Baek almost laughed out. “Define stress.” He sank down one of the chairs and sighed. “Kyungsoo is a mess.” 

 

Junmyeon sighed. “He’s not feeling well, right?”


“Mood swings?” Jongdae asked. 

 

Nodding Baek deeply sighed. “It’s not only the mood swings. He hates the way he looks.”

 

Frowning, Jongdae gazed at his husband. “Don’t look at me like that,” Junmyeon said, shrugging. “I have no idea how he feels, I have only one child after all.”

 

“Yeah, but it’s not as if he’s huge,” Dae said. “I mean, sure you can tell that he’s pregnant but it’s not that he looks like a hippo.”

 

“I honestly can’t tell you what’s wrong with him,” Baekhyun said, sighing again.

 

“If he does not like the way he looks like, maybe he’s got stretch marks?”

 

“I don’t know. I can’t tell you. The last time I’ve seen him somewhat was over two months ago. He locks himself into the bathroom, does not change clothes when I’m around and let’s not talk about intimacy. I haven’t hugged or kissed him in weeks.”

 

The Kim couple gazed at one another. “Baek, we’re sorry. We had no idea it was that drastic.”

 

“It’s fine,” Baek smiled. “I try my best to make the days as bearable as possible for him. I’m sure he’ll be back to normal once the twins are born.”

 

“Speaking of the twins, do you already know when they’ll be born? Have you a date scheduled?”

 

“If he makes it until the 40th week, second week of February,” Baek answered. “But most likely he’ll get into labor around the 35th week. The doctor said that’s most common for twins.”

 

Jongdae hummed. “That’s only 12 more weeks.”

 

“Yeah, but we’ve got everything done. The rooms are done, we’ve got plenty of clothes, we’re stacked up on formula and diapers. The only thing we’re missing is a pram but shopping with Kyungsoo is a pain in the neck at the moment.”

 

“What about online shopping?”

 

“That’s not to his like. He wants to be able see it and test it out but he’s so moody, every trip to the store ends in a chaos with him shouting at me.”

 

As if Kyungsoo was sensing that they were talking about him, he called Baekhyun. The expectings husband sighed before he answered the call, putting on a smile as if Kyungsoo could see him. “Hey, darling.”

 

Junmyeon and Jongdae watched as Baekhyun nodded his head and his smile slowly but steady faded away. “Trouble?”

 

Shrugging Baekhyun stuffed his phone into his coat pocket. “He asked where I am.”

 

“Didn’t you tell him?”

 

“I did but I’m obviously gone for quite some time.”

 

“Then you should head home,” Junmyeon said.

 

“Yeah,” Baek sighed, fumbling the shopping list out of his coat pocket. “But first I have to go shopping.”

 

Saying goodbye to his friends Baekhyun made his way to the grocery store and then headed home. With four full bags in his hands, he stumbled into the apartment. Huffing he dropped the bags to the ground and toed of his shoes. 

 

“Why did it take you so long?”

 

Gazing up, Baekhyun’s eyes fell onto his expecting husband. Kyungsoo stood in the doorway to the kitchen with his hands stammed into his back. “I met Jongdae and Junmyeon on my way to the store.”

 

“I see.” 

 

Picking up the bags as Kyungsoo turned back into the kitchen, Baekhyun followed the younger and placed the full shopping bags onto the kitchen table to unpack them. “The weather is really nice today and I’ve checked the weather report for tomorrow,” he said, looking at Kyungsoo. “It’s supposed to be quite warm tomorrow was well, shall we go and look for a pram?”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “I don’t know.”

 

“Babe, it’s time we go and get one.”

 

“I know but I’m not in the mood.”

 

“There’s a new shop nearby the grocery store. They have an opening sale. Maybe we can get a bargain.” 

 

This time Kyungsoo hummed. “Yeah, maybe. Let’s go there tomorrow morning.”

 

Baekhyun smiled to himself. “Alright,” he then said. “Around 10?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Kyungsoo was rather quiet the rest of the day but it didn’t bother Baekhyun. This way they at least didn’t fight or argue about void stuff. 

 

The next morning Kyungsoo was in a good mood. He was happily humming a melody as he prepared breakfast and Baekhyun was optimistic that the day was going to be fun and relaxed. 

 

Right after they had enjoyed their morning meal the couple made their way to the baby store. The selection of twin prams was rather manageable, nonetheless Kyungsoo right away spotted a model he liked. 

 

Thanks to the opening sale the pram cost them only $700 and Baekhyun could tell that his husband was happy with the choice. The young expecting was in such a good mood that he even suggested them to go and have some lunch. 

 

Throughout the entire lunch Kyungsoo happily chatted about  all kinds of stuff. Baekhyun had the hope that his husbands extreme mood swings were slowly subsiding and therefore took Kyungsoo’s delighted mood as the opportunity to get a little closer to him again. 

 

Moving a closer to the younger as they walked back home through the park, Baekhyun reached for Kyungsoo’s hand but almost instantly he got rejected. Kyungsoo pulled his hand away and put a little more distance between them, not saying a word as he did so.

 

Overwhelmed by the feeling his husbands rejection caused to bubble up inside him, Baekhyun stopped in his tracks and loudly breathed out.

 

Kyungsoo also came to halt and turned to the older, frowning. “What’s wrong?”

 

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun repeated. “Are you kidding me?!”

 

“What?” Soo asked. “What have I done?”

 

“You just pushed me away when I tried to hold your hand.”

 

“So what? I just feel like holding your hand.”

 

Baekhyun laughed out and shook his head. “You just don’t feel like it? I can’t believe it.”

 

Kyungsoo grumbled a little. “God, Baek. What’s your problem?!”

 

“My problem? My problem is you avoiding for the past months! I get it, you don’t feel comfortable in your skin and I fully respect it if you don’t want me to see you changing and don’t want me to touch you but is it really too much if I ask to hold your hand? I can’t remember the last time I’ve received a kiss from you or got a ing hug!”

 

Knitting his brows together, Kyungsoo looked at his husband. “Are you mad?”

 

“I’m not mad, I’m just ing frustrated!” Baek huffed, running a hand through his hair. “I’ve been putting up with this behavior for god knows how long but , I can’t take this anymore. It’s almost as if you wouldn’t love me anymore, I can’t even hold your hand.”

 

“W-what are you saying?” Kyungsoo was shocked by Baekhyun’s words. “Of course I love you!”

 

“I know,” Baekhyun almost whined. “I know you do, I don’t doubt it but this constant rejection is driving me crazy. Every night I lay in bed next to you, knowing you’d jump on me if I even try to snuggle up. I’m at a point where I actually consider to sleep on the couch because I think it would be less painful.”

 

Kyungsoo was stunned. He had no idea that his mood swings and the struggle he had with his appearance had taken such a toll on his spouse. He knew that he was pushing away Baekhyun as he was not feeling good in his skin but he didn’t know it had such a dimension. Not knowing how to respond, what to say at all, Kyungsoo stayed silent and only swallowed.       

 

“Oh wow, now you don’t even know what to say, or what?”

 

As Baekhyun deeply sighed and shook his head, Kyungsoo lowered his head and gazed to the ground. He bit down his lip, not reacting to it when his husband walked past him, leaving him alone. 

 

Kyungsoo took his time to follow Baekhyun home and sat down on a park bench, thinking of how the past months had been going on. He was truly not aware that he was hurting the older with his behavior and he was extremely sorry for it.

 

When he eventually headed home and stepped into the apartment, Baekhyun lay on the couch, napping. Stepping to the sofa, Kyungsoo sunk down to his knees and reached up to his husband over the cheek. “Baek?”

 

Baekhyun stirred awake, blinking his eyes open after sighing softly. “Hm?”

 

Looking at his husband for a moment, scanning his features, Kyungsoo parted his lips to speak. “I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I wasn’t aware that my struggles were affecting you that badly.”

 

Moving from his laying position to sit up, Baekhyun reached for the younger’s hand. “It’s fine.”

 

“No, it’s not!” Kyungsoo scowled. “Don’t defend me now. I did you wrong. I did you wrong on so many levels. I could’ve talked to you instead of keeping my feelings to myself.”

 

“Then, would you tell me why you’re feeling so uncomfortable?”

 

Kyungsoo laughed out. “It’s weird actually,” he said. “I think I’m actually just jealous.”

 

“J-jealous? Jealous of who?”

 

“Junmyeon,” was Kyungsoo’s answer. “I don’t have stretch marks. I mean, I do but just a few. And it’s not that I have gained tons of weight and got flab all over now, it’s just that I look at Junmyeon and his cute little baby bump and wish to have the same. Which is crazy, he’s having only one child after all but I can’t help it. I look at myself and feel huge.”

 

“But you are not huge.”

 

“I know. Somewhere in the back of my mind there is this little voice that tells me that I’m looking absolutely normal for someone who’s having twins but I just can’t help it. And me thinking that I look weird had me thinking that you think that too. I was backing away because I was afraid you’d come to realize that I’m not as attractive as I once had been to you.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at the expecting and gave his hand a squeeze. “I’m sorry you feel that way. And I’m sorry for snapping at you earlier.” 

 

“It’s fine,” Soo said, returning the smile he was given. “I needed it. I truly did need it. I thought I was in the right to act the way I did but all those hormones are not an excuse for everything.”

 

Pursing his lips into a pout, Kyungsoo blinked his eyes. “I’m sorry. Can you forgive me?”

 

“I sure can,” Baekhyun hummed, smiling. “Though, I really would like to have hug, too.”

 

“How about some cuddles and kisses?”

 

“Even better!”

 

Settling down the couch, Kyungsoo hummed when Baekhyun embraced him. Baekhyun had his face nuzzled into the crook of his neck and Kyungsoo ran his fingers through his spouses thick hair. 

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun only hummed in response. “Hm?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“And I love you,” got Kyungsoo as a reply, followed by a gently placed kiss onto his neck.







 





 

December was just around the corner and Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were busy with the Christmas preparations. As Kyungsoo wasn’t as agile as before everything went a little slower and the soon-to-be parents figured it was time for them to practise for the many years for festive holidays that were laying ahead of them. 

 

Strolling along a busy shopping alley, the couple was hunting for some presents for their family and friends. “I think we should get Jongdae and Junmyeon’s baby a gift as well.”

 

Baekhyun nodded his head. “Yeah, that’s a good idea,” he said. ‘Do you have something in mind?”

 

“I want it to be something useful. No clothes or similar.”

 

“How about a night light?”

 

“A night light?” Kyungsoo asked. 

 

“Yes, you know one of those cute lamps you can hang up.”

 

“Oh, I like that idea,” Kyungsoo smiled. “One wall of the nursery is colored in this beautiful peach color, maybe we can find a lamp in a similar color.”

 

With Baekhyun’s idea in mind the couple headed to the next store that provided lamps. It took them awhile to find a suitable night light but in the end they made a find and decided to gift their friends unborn a cute, squishy cloud lamp. 

 

The night light was as big as a kettle, provided different settings and its cute sleeping face had sold Kyungsoo the moment he laid eyes on the item. 

 

With one more Christmas gift down, Baekhyun suggested them to take a break and have something to eat. Strolling by his husband’s side, Kyungsoo thought of what they could have to eat when a sudden sharp pain in his lower abdomen had him writhing in pain. 

 

Baekhyun dropped the bags in shock when the younger cried out and brought both hands to his belly. “Babe, what’s wrong?”

 

“I d-don’t know,” Kyungsoo croaked out, tears watering his eyes. “It hurts. It hurts so bad.” 

 

Not wasting any time Baekhyun made an emergency call. Much to his relive the ambulance arrived only moments later, rushing his spouse to the next hospital. 

 

Nurses were busily rushing around the room Kyungsoo was brought to and all Baekhyun could do was watching them with a pale face. The expecting was crying, still in pain, desperately asking for help. 

 

A doctor injected Kyungsoo a medication mix to calm him down and soothe his pain, then performed an ultrasound to check up on the unborn twins. “24trh week?”

 

“A-ah, 23th week actually,” Baek said, eyes focused on the monitor of the sonography machine. “I-is everything alright? Why is he in such pain?”

 

“That’s a good question,” the doctor muttered, moving the scan head over Kyungsoo’s swollen belly. 

 

Baekhyun held his breath, impatiently waiting for the medic to finally find something. When the young man eventually had found the cause of Kyungsoo’s pain Baekhyun was not at all happy with his reaction. “S-? Why ? What’s wrong?”

 

“Abruptio placentae.”

 

“What does that mean?” Baek asked, panicking. 

 

“The placenta separated from the uterus wall.”

 

Baekhyun felt his heart skipping a beat when doctor got up from his seat, calling out for some nurses to prepare one of the operating theatres for an emergency. “W-what’s happening now? What are you going to do?”

 

“We gonna perform a c-section now. We’ve got to get the twins before it’s too late.”

 

“B-but isn’t that t-too early?”

 

“Mr. Byun, I have no time to explain it to you know. We have to get your spouse ready for surgery as fast a possible.”

 

Baekhyun was left alone in a blink of an eye and he had no time to react. The doctor rushed off to get ready for Kyungsoo’s c-section and two nurses pushed a rather apathetic Kyungsoo out of the room towards the operation theater. 

 

Lost the young office worker stood in the examination room until a nurse brought him to the waiting area of the ward. “Here, have some water.”

 

Baekhyun took the cup but didn’t drink. He gazed up, looking at the elderly woman with tears in his eyes. “They’re only 23 weeks old.”

 

The woman gifted him a smile and sat down next to him, giving his arm a squeeze. “It’s gonna be fine,” she said. “At 23 weeks all of a baby’s organs are developed. Your twins surely will need some help with breathing and they probably have to stay in an incubator for some time but they will survive.”

 

“R-really?” Baek asked with a quivering bottom lip. 

 

“Yes,” the nurse nodded. “Believe me.”