♥ ChanSoo pt.2

Exo Family Stories

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/bbe3f080jw1ev9htdu72sg20c806ue82.gif

So, here's part 2 of ChanSoo. I hope you like it. ♥
>Warning: Implied birth scene ahead. <
 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo let out a soft sigh as Chanyeol curled around him, placing a hand on his round belly. "You're late," he whispered into the dark.

"I know," Chanyeol whispered back. "I'm sorry."

Chanyeol had taken a shower, yet the sterile scent of hospital lay on him. Now, where Kyungsoo didn't work anymore he could smell it again. He brought a hand down to where Chanyeol's was and cupped the taller's hand.

"How are you?"

"We're fine. And you?"

"Tired," Yeol mumbled and buried his face into the back of Kyungsoo's head, inhaling the sweet scent of the younger's shampoo.

"Do you want me to wake you up, tomorrow?"

"Yes, please," the man said and Kyungsoo could feel Chanyeol nodding against the back of his head. "I don't want to miss it."

Kyungsoo had to smile. Ever since the day they found out about their baby and had looked at it for the first time, Chanyeol never missed a single check-up. Even when he had a surgery scheduled, somehow he always managed to be there.

The baby had grown well and since the 20th week, they knew that Kyungsoo was carrying a little boy under his heart. Chanyeol was overly excited about the news and started to write down every male name he found cute or he thought sounded good with their surname. Incredible 25 names had Chanyeol written down but Kyungsoo managed to cut that down to three.

Jongin, Baekhyun and Sehun; those were the names that were left and the soon-to-be parents had to choose from. A hard decision because Kyungsoo fell for all three of them.

"Yeol?" Slowly Kyungsoo turned to his back and then to his other side, so his was facing his husband. Due to the faint light that shined through the curtains into their bedroom he could see the outlines of Chanyeol's face. He had his eyes closed and a thick strand of hair had fallen over his forehead into his face.

"Hm?" The man hummed, signaling that he was still awake. The hand that previously had laid on the pregnant’s belly was now pressed against the small of his back.

"I love you."

Chanyeol opened his eyes and smiled, Kyungsoo clearly saw. He leaned in when the man's face slowly came closer to his. "I love you, too," Yeol breathed against his lips, still smiling.

They fell asleep like this, with the round of Kyungsoo's baby bump pressed against Chanyeol's flat stomach. When the morning peeked around the corner and the first rays of sunshine peered through the dark curtains it was actually Chanyeol who woke up first. Blinking his eyes open he yawned and stretched out his legs. Kyungsoo stirred at the loss of Chanyeol's warm body and whined softly before he also opened his eyes.

"Good morning," Chanyeol smiled, voice slightly raspy.

"Morning," Soo said back, rolling onto his back. "Why are you awake already?"

"Ask me something more easy."

"You should sleep a little more."

Shaking his head, Chanyeol sat up. "No, if I go back to sleep now, you won't be able to wake me up later."

Kyungsoo chuckled at the comment. He pushed himself into a sitting position, huffing loudly after he made it. "As much as I love him but the belly annoys me."

Smiling, Chanyeol reached over and gave the round baby bump a rub. "Today is the last official check-up," he stated. "Do you think he'll be on time?"

"I don't think so," Soo said, gazing down to Chanyeol's hand. "I have no increased back pain and there's no trace of any braxton hicks. Seems as if your son is a little diva and makes people wait."

Chanyeol hummed. "Well, let's see what Myeon says, today. Maybe he has already turned, ready to come out," just as the words had slipped past Chanyeol's lips, the baby kicked out. "Okay, I take this back," Yeol laughed as he could clearly feel the kick on the underside of Kyungsoo's belly.

"Like I said," Soo chuckled. "Your son is a diva and will let us wait."

Chuckling, Chanyeol peeled his hand off Kyungsoo's warm belly. "Would you like to take a bath while I prepare breakfast?"

"I'd rather have you bathing with me."

Of course Chanyeol didn't say no to this and after filling the tub with pleasantly warm water, he climbed into the tub, waiting for Kyungsoo to join him. The pregnant let out a growling sound as he stubbed his toe into the light blue baby bath tub they've brought. "He's not even born and I'm already stumbling over his stuff. Hopefully he doesn't get as messy as you are."

Yeol gasped. "I'm not messy."

"Oh yes, you are," Soo said, leaning back against the taller's chest once he had sat down in the tub. He warm water hugged his body and made the little boy inside him kicking out. "You leave your stuff everywhere. And if I wouldn't pick it up it would rod there."

"That's not true," Chanyeol pouted. "Give me an example."

"Oh, I can give you a hundred examples," the pregnant said. "Where did you put your wallet?"

After taking a breath to answer, the surgeon pressed his lips into a thin line; he didn't know. "Uhm," he voiced out. "It's in the pocket of my jacket, of course."

"No, it's not," Kyungsoo said. "Right now, it's on the top of the fridge, why ever you put it there, because this time I can't put it into to your pocket because I can't reach the freaking top of our fridge."

"I get it," Yeol said and pressed a kiss to the smaller's nape. "I'd lost without you."

"You'd die without me," Soo mocked.

"Well, yeah, I guess that's true," Yeol chuckled. "Thank you for marrying my sorry and saving my life."

"Every time again," Kyungsoo smiled, turning his to place a gentle kiss on Chanyeol's damp shoulder.

After an extensive bath and a comprehensive breakfast, it was time to leave for the last check-up. Joonmyeon, a befriended doctor and specialist for birth medicine, welcomed the parents-to-be with a warm smile. "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm feeling like bursting every second," Kyungsoo answered the question.

Joonmyeon chuckled at the comment. "Well, then let's check out if you're going to burst any second."

Chanyeol took place at the edge of the treatment table, smiling as Kyungsoo rolled up his shirt, exposing his round belly. His eyes darted away from the baby bump as soon as Joonmyeon switched on the monitor and placed the scanhead on the underside of the pregnant's belly.

Kyungsoo left a deep sigh. "Ahh, he didn't even turn yet," he glanced at Chanyeol. "See, I told you, he's going to let us wait."

"Well, this also explains why you didn't have any braxton hicks, yet," Joonmyeon said, moving the scanhead upwards. "Does he move more than usual?"

"No," Soo shook his head. "Everything as usual. When he's supposed to sleep, he's active."

"Hm, sounds as if he's got a lot from Yeol."

Chanyeol only rolled his eyes at the comment. "Any chances that he turns from one day to the other?" He then asked.

The doctor shook his head. "Rather unlikely," he said. "It can happen but it usually doesn't happen at first pregnancies. Since the body is not used to this whole process, it'll display every single change."

"That means?" Kyungsoo asked.

"We're two days away due date, means your body will give you a sign once he starts turning. Normally, pregnants have to deal with braxton hicks around six to eight weeks before due date. But since you don't have any braxton hicks, you'll probably will get the pre labor pains, right away."

"And what do you think how long it'll take until the real deal starts?"

"Hard to tell. Since he's small, he'll probably settle in quite quick but that say doesn't say anything about when the active labor starts. I guess, you have to let yourself be surprised."

Kyungsoo made a snorting sound. "Yeah, that's what I need; surprises."

Chuckling, Joonmyeon put the scanhead away and handed Kyungsoo a couple of tissues to clean his belly. He then pressed a small button on the keyboard of the sonograph and printed out the date last ultrasound image of Kyungsoo's and Chanyeol's unborn son. "Do you still want to do it at home?"

"Yeah, we're still up for it," Yeol said and took the small black and white picture.

Around his second trimester, Kyungsoo had decided to welcome their baby at home. Even though it was his workplace, he wasn't really a fan of hospitals and didn't want to give birth there if it wasn't necessary.

Kyungsoo liked the idea of giving birth at home, in a familiar environment with just Chanyeol around and he was glad that Chanyeol fully supported the idea. The surgeon even took some obstetricians courses to be fully prepared.

"Don't worry, Myeon," Soo smiled, slowly sitting up. "We will call you if something's wrong."

"I know you will but still, I'd feel better if I'd be there."

"Okay, what about this," Yeol said to calm his friend. "We call you when Soo gets in labor so you can be on standby."

"O-okay," Myeon said. "I guess I can live with that." He stood up from the stool he sat on and helped Kyungsoo off the treatment table. He gave the pregnant a hug, squeezing him slightly. "Enjoy the couple of days you've left," he said to Kyungsoo and then bent a little to face the round bump. "And you little man, don't dare to come next Saturday. Uncle Joonmyeon has a date that day."

Chanyeol laughed out. "Not that I want to ruin your date but I bet $100 that he'll come exactly on that day."

"Yeah, if he takes after you, then for sure," Kyungsoo added with a grin.

"If so, then we at least know when he arrives," Yeol mocked back, sticking out his tongue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A couple of days had passed and slowly but steady Kyungsoo could tell that something was happening. Every now and then he was able to feel a wave of pain shooting through his lower back. It was no unbearable pain, just a strong ache and as suddenly it always came it was gone again. It seems as if his baby was finally turning.

Kyungsoo hummed, leaning close to the calendar that hung at the fridge. It was Friday, five days after the calculated birth date. Not that bad, since Kyungsoo had guessed to wait much longer for his son to arrive but as it seemed he'd be able to welcome him soon.

A chuckle left the pregnant. "Did you hear what your godfather said?" He laughed, petting his belly. "Do you want to annoy him and ruin his date? That would much be to your Dad's liking, he likes to mess with him, too."

His laugh got caught in the back of his throat and was replaced by a hitched gasp when yet another wave of pain came up. He breathed through it, sighing when it was over again. "Alright," he said and glanced at the timer on the stove. "Your Dad will be home soon and I'd be very grateful if you'd keep quiet for a while. Only until I'm done cooking dinner, okay? After that you can keep going. Do we have a deal?"

The baby didn't agree to the deal and Kyungsoo didn't get far with his plan of cooking dinner. After a couple of failed attempts, he gave up and reached for the delivery menu of a chicken restaurant.

Chanyeol came home only a second after the delivery boy had left and chuckled as he stepped into the living room. "I just met a young guy in a red uniform in front of our door and somehow it tells me that there's chicken for dinner."

"I'm sorry," Soo said, holding onto the brown paper bag. "I wanted to cook but I couldn't."

"You couldn't?"

"I guess I have this pre labor pains Myeon has spoken of."

"Oh, really?" Yeol asked, raising both brows. "Are they bad?"

"It's just one strong wave of pain and it's gone as fast as it comes but I just couldn't focus on making dinner."

"That's okay," the surgeon said, smiling. He walked around the sofa and sat down next to his husband. He leaned forwards and pressed a kiss to Kyungsoo's plump lips. "We haven't had chicken in a while."

"But way too much take-out and fast food," Soo grumbled, pursing his lips into a pout.

"It somehow reminds me of our college days," Yeol snickered. "He had a lot of fast food back then."

"It was only because you've set the kitchen on fire."

"But you were the one who suggested to deep fry the damn shrimps."

"But you were the one who didn't turn of the stove."

"I only forgot because I suddenly out of nowhere had your hand down my boxers."

"Well, I was that day."

"Yeah, just as as the day this little one was created," Yeol snickered and brought a hand to Kyungsoo's belly.

"You liked it, though," Soo said. "Don't try to tell me that you didn't enjoy it."

"I enjoy every second I have with you and especially the ones I have you my name."

"Oh, is that so?" Kyungsoo asked. When Chanyeol nodded he smirked and peeled the tall man's hand off his belly.

"Oh, what now?"

"We have no stove to watch," the pregnant whispered as he climbed into his husbands lap. "And I thought since you enjoy every second you have me your name so much, I give you the chance to make me moan."

Chanyeol hummed and brought both of his hands to Kyungsoo's thighs, kneading them. "Mhh, then I better take this chance."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Kyungsoo woke up, feeling as if he could run a marathon. But that feeling didn't last very long. An hour after he and Chanyeol had lunch, he was plagued with cramps.

"How does it feel?"

"They're not strong enough to be labor pains."

Chanyeol nodded, humming. "You could take a bath to ease them."

"I don't want to take a bath," Soo said, rubbing his round belly with both hands. "Myeon said walking is just as effective."

"Well, then let's go for a walk, huh?"

"Yes."

It was a pleasantly warm day and Kyungsoo inhaled the fresh spring air as a soft breeze hit him. Chanyeol smiled at him, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "You know what just crossed my mind?"

"Hm?"

"We didn't decide a name, yet."

Kyungsoo broke into a smile. "Do you have a favorite? Because, I don't."

"Me neither," Yeol chuckled. "I like all three names."

"Maybe, we should get to know him first when he's finally there," the pregnant suggested. "Or we google one of those crazy 'Choose A Name' games."

"Oh, I know one of those."

"Really? Why the hell do you know such a game."

"Yoora and I took use of one when we were children. We had this turtle and couldn't decide it's name. We had three names, just like we do like now, and we counted to three and said the name we wanted to give the name."

"Ah," Soo voiced out. "So, if we would play it there are two options. Either both of us say the same name or we say different names. And if we say different names, our baby would get the name that's left, right?"

"Right."

"I like that, we should do that."

"Are you sure?"

"I am," Soo nodded. "This game is kinda based on equality. If we say the same name, it's the one we both wanted. If we say different name, none of us gets the one we want but our baby still gets a name we're both okay with."

"Well then, let's do it."

"With what name did your turtle end up with?"

"Turtle."

Kyungsoo grimaced. "What? For real? What the heck were the other options?"

"Yoora wanted to name it Pebble and I wanted to name him Donatello."

Looking at his husband, Kyungsoo snorted. "You're such a kid, I swear," he laughed.

"Hey," Yeol pouted. "Nothing against the Ninja Turtles. Plus, back then I was a kid."

"You should just have gone with Pebble."

"No," the word left Chanyeol long-drawn. "Yoora already got to name the birds we had and guess what, their names were Opal and Ruby. Every pet we had was named after a ing stone, I had to save Turtle from that."

"You're kinda dumb, you know."

"What? Why?"

"Well, if you knew that Yoora would say Pebble and you wanted to name him Donatello, you just could've said Turtle. Then it would've been Pebble against Turtle and Donatello would be the left name."

"Oh my god, I never thought of that!"

"Like I said, you're dumb."

"Okay, okay, Mr. Smartass. But then tell me why you want to play the game to choose our baby's name?"

"Because it's the easiest way to finally decide the name."

Chanyeol hummed. "So, that means you'll say the name you like the least to get the name you want?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "Yeah, I guess."

"Let's make rule."

"A rule?"

"Yes," Yeol said. "We both say the name we want to the most, okay? If it's the same, it's great. If it's not, it's still ok. It may not be our favorite but still a name we're okay with."

"Okay," Soo smiled.

Chanyeol showed off his dumb grin and began to swing their hands back and forth, like a little kid. " Are you up for some hot waffles with strawberries?"

"Always."

The walk to the small café at the other end of the park, the break there and the walk back was like balm to Kyungsoo's soul. The moving indeed eased the pain and when the couple was back at home, the pregnant felt much better than before.

The walk was good but also exhausting and so, Kyungsoo plopped down the couch with a deep sigh. "This was the best and worst walk at the same time."

"Why that?"

"The cramps are almost gone but now my feet hurt like crazy."

Chanyeol smiled as Kyungsoo laid back, resting his feet on the coffee table. "Shall I get you a bowl so you can soak your feet for a while?"

"Ah, that would be awesome. Thank you."

"Alright, I'll be right back," the young man said and was back only a few minutes later with a big bowl of warm water.

Kyungsoo sighed as he put his aching feet into the water. "Did I ever thank you for spoiling me so much in the past nine months."

"I wasn't spoiling you," Yeol chuckled.

"You were," Soo said, nodding his head. "You brought me everything I wanted, no matter how late it was. Just remember the day after Christmas."

"Oh yeah, that was a great night," Chanyeol laughed, clearly remembering how he ended up almost freezing to death.

Because Kyungsoo was craving for Takoyaki, Chanyeol, only dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie, made his way to the pregnants favorite Japanese restaurant. Good thing was that the restaurant was still opened when Chanyeol arrived there, bad thing was that his car got a flat tire and no pick-up service was available to tow him home. When he finally was home, it was past one in the night and the Takoyaki were just as frozen as Chanyeol was himself.

"It took a while until I could feel my fingers again but I'd do it every time again for you."

Smiling, Kyungsoo let his head fall onto his husbands shoulder. He reached for the man's hand and intertwined their fingers. "Have I ever told you why I dumped you the first time you asked me out?"

"Mhh, no," Yeol shook his head. "I always thought it was because of this Chinese exchange student."

Kyungsoo chuckled. "No, it wasn't," he said. "It was because I was afraid to lose you."

"To lose me? But you didn't even have me that time."

"And exactly that was the point,"  the pregnant uttered. "I had a crush on you for long time already but I was too afraid to approach you. And when you did, people started to talk. They said that we wouldn't match and that I'd be too introverted for such an outgoing person like you. Those words really got me and I believed in them," he paused and gave Chanyeol's hand a squeeze. "I think I really should call myself happy that you were so stubborn and persistent."

"I was close to giving up."

"Really?"

"Mhh," Yeol nodded. "I really thought you were interested in this basketball team captain. Actually, the day you finally said yes was the day I wanted to ask you out the last time."

"Wow, I never knew."

"Neither did I know that you felt the way you did back then," Yeol said. "I'm truly surprised."

"I don't know why I never told you but I guess it was because I thought we wouldn't last long."

Chanyeol broke into laughter. "Well, that's what a lot of people thought," he chuckled. "But I guess we proved them wrong. Just look at us. We survived the college days, our intern times and despite our busy schedules we managed to not lose sight of oneself. And now we're going to be parents. And if there's someone out there who still things we wouldn't match, I'm going to kick their because, hell yeah, we're a damn perfect couple. And our baby is going to be the most cutest and perfect human in the whole wide world."

"Speaking of baby," Kyungsoo brought out and clawed at Chanyeol's hand. "I think ours wants to come and say hello, now."

"What?" Yeol gasped. "Really, why do yo-" He didn't notice when it happened but while he was talking Kyungsoo water had broken. "Oh!"

Quickly, Chanyeol shot up from the couch and helped the younger up. Kyungsoo let out a whine as the warm fluid ran down his legs, forming a small puddle by his feet. With his legs apart and his husbands help, he waddled to the bathroom to get rid of his clothes. "Okay, do you need any help?"

"No," Soo said. "You go and try to save the couch."

After Chanyeol had, more or less successfully, taken care of the wet spot on the couch and had wiped the floor clean, he made his way back to Kyungsoo. The pregnant stood by the sink, resting his hands on the edges of the basin. "Shall I prepare everything?"

Kyungsoo only nodded, breathing through another painful contraction.

"Alright, call me when you need me."

Kyungsoo spent a couple more minutes in the bathroom until he decided to go to the living room. He had decided to give birth there since it was the room with the most space. Chanyeol had brought a special underlay from the hospital and had already spread it out in front of the couch. A bowl of warm water stood on the coffee table and a navel clamp and a pair of medical scissors lay on top of a couple of towels.

Carefully Kyungsoo sunk to the floor and sat down on the underlay, back leaning against the couch. He smiled at Chanyeol as the man took place between his legs and leaned forward. "Did you call Myeon?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"You know him. He'd cancel his date and come here even though we told him not to."

"True," Soo laughed.

"We'll give him a surprise call once the little one is here."

Kyungsoo reached for Chanyeol's face, cupping it and pulling him closer. "Thanks for doing this for me."

"Anything for you, baby."

They shared a kiss and enjoyed the moment until another wave of pain came up and Kyungsoo pulled away. His brows were knitted together as he breathed through the birth pangs and his hands fell onto Chanyeol's shoulders, clawing at the man's shirt.

"Okay," Soo exhaled when the pain was over. "I think I'm ready to push with the next one."

Chanyeol nodded. "Ready when you are."

The next contraction followed a handful more and even before they knew it was over and their son was born. Kyungsoo broke into tears as Chanyeol laid the stark baby on top of his chest and the tiny infant let out a cry.

Chanyeol took the moment to breath in and fight back his own tears. He couldn't cry, not yet. He still had to work to do. He leaned back and reached for the umbilical scissors and the clamp. His hands were shaking as he cut his son's cort and immediately let his feelings take over once the baby's navel was clamped and he had covered him with a towel to keep him warm.

He pressed a kiss to Kyungsoo's sweaty forehead, whispering an "I love you," against it.

Kyungsoo leaned into the touch, sighing softly. "Give him his name."

"What?" Surprised Chanyeol leaned back and blinked at his husband.

"Give him his name," Kyungsoo repeated, smiling.

"B-but I thought we would do this game?!"

"I like all three names," Soo said. "I don't have a favorite but I know that you have. So, tell me. Tell me what your favorite is."

Chanyeol broke into a smile and looked at his sleeping baby before he looked back up at Kyungsoo. "Baekhyun," he said. "That's my favorite."

"Then it's set," Kyungsoo smiled and leaned down to kiss his son's head. "Welcome home, Baekhyun."

Good two hours later, baby Baekhyun was bathed, fully dressed and still peacefully sleeping. While Kyungsoo took a shower to clean himself, Chanyeol had examined their newborn, checking up if he was in full health. Everything was alright and the little boy was a healthy baby with a weight of 5.5 lb and a measured size of 19.29 inches.

"Did you already fill out the papers?" Kyungsoo asked as he climbed into the bed. He snuggled close to his husband and his sleeping baby over the head.

"Hmm," Yeol nodded. "Park Baekhyun, born May 6, 04.12pm."

"You know what I thought of?"

"What?"

"Let's not call Myeon," Soo grinned. "We just go to the hospital on Monday and surprise him."

Chanyeol chuckled. "He'll scold us."

"He won't. Baek will melt his heart right away."

Chanyeol smiled and looked at his husband. "I love you."

"I-oh," Kyungsoo laughed out. "That came suddenly," he snickered. "I love you, too," he said and went in for a kiss. When Baekhyun stirred a little in Chanyeol's arms and let out a faint whine, Kyungsoo gazed at his baby. "He's so beautiful."

"He's perfect," Yeol said.

"Right," Soo smiled and leaned forwards. "You're perfect, Baekhyun," he whispered to his baby boy, pressing a kiss to his tiny ear. "Perfect and so, so loved."

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sooo~
It's baby Baek! I'm happy!
To be honest, I thought it would be Jongin but then I logged in again and, bam, Baek won!

 

 

 

 

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss235/nic_lee/CHANSOO%20DRABBLE_zpsuadv8e1n.png