The Squad

BTS One Shot ~

     Tae stares at her from behind the trees secretly. He could see her forehead is still wrapped with bandage and there is an obvious red spot on it. He lowers his gaze, feeling pity with what had happened to her.
     He pulls his turtle neck longer so he can cover half of his face with it. He is about to step away when a voice stops him.
     “Oppa?”
     His eyes are wide opened. He gulps. He tries to run away but her hands are already clutching his shirt. He turns around to front hesitately. His eyes lay on the girl who he was staring just now. She is beautiful as always, with her waist-length hazel color hair, her dark brown shining eyes, her sweet and lovely smile, her freckled cheeks and her pale white skin. She smiles brightly to him.
     Tae knows that he is not supposed to meet her or even see her actually. But, he could not bear pulling his gaze away from her. He has been observing her for months without her and her wicked mother’s knowledge. And, now, he does not know what to do after getting busted by herself.
     “You’re my cousin who supposedly to take care of me, right?” she speaks again.
     Wou, wou, wou… Wait, what?
     “I’m sorry?” Tae mutters.
     “My mom said that my cousin will take care of me for my last week in here and before taking me back to home. She said, he is tall, with brownish color hair, and with black turtle neck. You, isn’t it?” she points out her finger to Tae.
     Tae blinks in confusion.
     “Come in. It is warm inside. We’ll talk inside,” she pulls his arm into the hospital.
     Tae is getting more and more confused and he is hesitating to follow her or not. He is about to brush off her hands from his arms when she suddenly voices out,
     “Don’t be shy. Just come in. My mom isn’t here,”
     They take a seat on the sofa in her room. Cups of hot tea are served. Tae is still shocked and confused with things that are happening right now.
     “Can… Can I know your name?”
     Tae lifts up his gaze from the cup of tea to her. His level of confusion is getting higher after that question is altered.
     “Oh, I’m… I’m so sorry. But, I can’t remember your name. It’s not like I didn’t remember. I… I can explain why I can’t remember your name. Don’t be mad at me. You look mad,”
     “N…. No… I’m not mad,” Tae mumbles slowly.
     “I have post-traumatic amnesia after the accident occured like six or seven months ago. So, I’m very sorry if there are some things that I could not remember,”
     Now that explains everything.
     No wonder she did not remember me.
     Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
     “So….? Can I have your name?”
     He smiles a little before answering her.
     “V. Call me V,”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “You met her? Again? What if her mother knows about this?” Jungkook crosses his arms.
     “Our Taehyungie is a stubborn boy,” Jin sneers.
     “Shut up. I know what I’m doing. Plus, she remembers nothing,”
     Jungkook gets off from his seat.
     “Is that… because of… the accident?” he stutters.
     “It’s okay, Jungkook. It’s not your fault. It’s never been yours,” Tae lets out a heavy sigh.
     “I am the one to be blamed,” Tae lowers his gaze.
     “Don’t put yourself in guilty,” Namjoon voices out. He is busy filling some bullets into the gun. After done filling it, he aims the gun at one of the wooden targets, 9 metres ahead. He pulls the trigger and the bullet shots right on the bullseye.
     “Yes,” he whispers in joy with his fists on air.
     “YAH! IF YOU WANT TO SHOOT PLEASE PUT THE SILENCER ON, CAN YOU PLEASE?!” Hoseok shouts angrily with his eye mask still on. He lies back on the sofa and pulls the blanket to cover himself from head to toe.
     “What’s wrong with that hyung?” Tae snickers.
    “He just came back home few hours ago,” Jungkook takes a sip of his coffee.
    Tae nods gently.
    “How about Jimin and Yoongi hyung?”
    “Jimin probably has something to do with his family’s company. About Yoongi, he is still in his room,” Jin says.
     “Since yesterday?” Tae frowns in confusion.
     “I don’t think that’s a shocking thing,” Namjoon takes off his gloves and lays them on the small table. He walks to the sofa and takes a seat beside Jungkook.
     “Why did we agree to let Jimin in at the first place?” Jin asks.
     “Eiyhh… He’s my best friend since we were in kindergarten. Of course he’s in the squad. Plus, he’s good in spying and stuffs,” Tae is trying to defend Jimin.
     “I know. That’s not the problem. But, a son of a chaebol. Seriously?” Jin attacks him with his words again. His sassy just could not be defeated.
    “Then, what I am? My dad also owns a company, too. What’s wrong of the sons of chaebol joining in this squad?” Tae does not want to lose.
    “You are the one who build this squad. Duhh,”
    “Can you stop quarrelling and get yourselves ready? We have works to do,” Jungkook is tucking himself in his black hoodie. He puts in his laptop and other devices that are needed into his backpack.
     Tae takes a look on his smart watch and he could see a message is received.
     I’m on my way. Meet you guys at the place. -Jimin
     “YAH! HOSEOK-AH! WAKE UP,” Jin’s foot is tapping Hoseok’s shoulder aggressively. Hoseok gets up from the sofa and yawns loudly.
     Yoongi steps out from his room with a tin of coke in his hand.
     “Hey, old man. Get yourself ready,” Jungkook pats Yoongi’s back. Yoongi nods gently.
     “I’m ready,” he mutters.
     “Is everyone done?” Tae turns to his back and see all of the members are ready with their outfits and stuffs. Tae smiles.
     “Let’s do this,”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “So, what actually did you do?”
     Tae almost chokes on his juice when the question is altered by her out of sudden. He taps his chest numerously and clears his throat.
     “I… I’m sorry?” Tae asks.
     “What did you do? I mean, your job. Your work,” she asks him again.
     Tae is hesitated to answer her question. He does not know what to say. A guy who runs errands? But, she must have asked what kind of errand. Argh, this is hard.
     “V?”
     “I teach people in gun shooting,” and he is regretting what he said just now.
     “Gun shooting? That’s amazing!”
     …
     “Taehyung-ah! Did you bring my…” Hoseok cuts his words when a figure of a girl suddenly appears from behind Tae. All of the members stop doing their stuffs and shift their gazes onto the girl.
     “Are they your friends?” she voices out in excitement.
     …
     “Why she’s here?”
     Tae remains silence. He shifts his gaze to the girl in front of her. Namjoon is busy assisting her with the guns.
     “Yah! Taehyung-ah! Answer me!” Hoseok taps the table hard with his palm.
     Taehyung startles. He shifts his gaze to Hoseok. He raises his left brow.
     “I’m sorry?”
     Jin shakes his head.
     “How can that girl…” Jin sticks out his index finger and points it to her.
     “... be in here?” he pulls back his finger then crosses his arms. Both Hoseok and Jin are gazing on him sharply. Tae somehow feels uncomfortable with his hyungs looking at him like that. He feels like he will be eaten by them both.
     “She… She wanted… To see… The place where I work,” he stutters. He is not brave enough to meet their eyes so he just places his eyes on the floor.
     Both of them remain in silence. Jin scoffs in disbelief with what was spoken just now while Hoseok just snickers cynically.
     “Aigoo, this kid has no regrets with what had happened,” Hoseok ruffles Tae’s hair. Tae pushes his hand off.
     “Can you please stop mentioning about that? Past is past!” Tae gets off from his seat and strides away. His legs stop stepping further when Hoseok throws his words.
     “Past does not mean it could not be repeated,”
     He grunts angrily then continues to stride away. His shoulder bumps onto JK’s shoulder, making JK groans in agony. But, Tae ignores the pain and keep striding to the balcony. JK caresses his shoulder with his palm in circular motion.
     “Aishh… What’s wrong with this hyung…” he mumbles.
     “What’s with him?”
     JK startles. He withdraws some steps with his eyes still gazing on the girl. He blinks and gulps.
     “Oh… Noona…”
     The girl ignores JK and ambles her way to Tae.
     …
     “Stay here,”
     Tae was about to step away when her fingers suddenly wrapped his wrist firmly. Tae shifted his eyes back to her. Her face was covered with dirt and cuts.
     “Let me cover you,” she whispered.
     “No!”
     Tae got down to a squat then faced her. He ran his fingers to her hair then to her face.
     “You know you shouldn’t get involved in the first place, right? You’ve helped me enough. Now, at this point, let me and my squad settle this by ourselves. Don’t worry, Jungkook will stay here with you,”
     She turned her head to her left and saw Jungkook with his backpack. He opened his hood then leaned against the wall. He gasped for air.
     “Jungkook, stay here with her, okay?”
     Jungkook raised his thumb up. He fixed his posture then ped his bag and took out his laptop. His fingers were tapping on the keyboard rapidly with his eyes on the screen.
     “Hyung, they are already here. You should get going. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of Noona,”
     Her fingers did not want to let go of his wrist. Their eyes met each other. He slowly pushed her fingers off his wrist. Before pushing her last fingers off, his eyes back to meet Jungkook’s. Jungkook blinked in confusion.
     “Jungkook-ah… In case, if anything happened... “
     She started shedding tears.
     “... Take care of her… For me,”
     …
     “V?”
     Tae could feel her small fingers laying on his back. He turns to his right to face her. Some strands of her hazel coloured hair are floating in the air. He runs his fingers through her soft hair gently then to her face. She is kinda shocked with his sudden action. She gulps and tries not to move. She hopes that her cheeks will not turn too red.
     “Your hair grows really fast,”
     “Really?”
     “Past does not mean it could not be repeated,”
     Hoseok’s words suddenly echo in his mind. He pulls his hand back and pulls his gaze back to the view. He tucks his hand into his pocket and clears his throat.
     “What… What are you doing here?”
     “Ermm… Well… Breathing some fresh air… Looking at the view,”
     “Is there anything playing in your mind?”
     Tae hesitates to speak out. He shakes his head.
     “N… No… Nothing,” he forces a smile.
     “Well, okay, then,”
     She taps Tae’s fingers numerously. Tae shifts his gaze to her fingers then to her.
     “What?” Tae sneers by looking at her cute actions.
     “Can I come here often?”
     Tae starts to feels uneasy and somehow panic but he just keeps those feels in.
     “W… Why?”
     “Seems like I’m interested in going deeper in this gun shooting stuff. Plus, all of your friends are friendly. Can I? Can I? Can I? I’ll talk to my mother about this, please?”
     Tae frowns. His forehead is creased. His negative response makes her feels uneasy. Her smile slowly fades away. His face is becoming scarier. She gulps.
     “No. This will be your first and your last time to come here,”
     She blinks in disbelief. She frowns, feeling disappointed.
     “I… I can ask my mom…”
     “No need to ask your mother. Plus, you don’t need to say anything about this, understand?”
     “What’s wrong with you? What’s wrong of me being in here? If you don’t like me, just say it!”
     Tae’s breath is getting heavier. His gaze is sharp on her.
     “Yes! You, standing at here, being at this kind of place, is wrong! Me, seeing you, taking you to this place, gazing on you, feeling pity on you, loving you, everything that I am doing right now, is…”
     His legs are weakened. He falls on his knees with both of his palms on the floor. She covers with her palms, shocked with what she is hearing and seeing now. She gets even more shocked when she could see a few drops of tears touch the floor. She slowly gets down to squat. She runs her fingers through his hair and it gently. She cups his face with his small hands and pushes it upward to face her.
     A sudden sorrow attacks into her heart by looking tears streaming down by his cheeks, dripping really fast down onto the floor. She does not know why, but this scene is somehow familiar to her. She wipes his left eye with her thumb.
     “Even though all of this is wrong, I don’t know why, I feel right most of the time,” he mutters.
     A memory strikes into her mind out of sudden. She closes her eyes tightly, trying to hold the pain and process the memory that just came. She pulls her hands off slowly from his face then places them onto her head. She leans backward, against the wall with her fingers clutching her head.
     “Ah…” she moans in agony.
     …
     “No! Tae!”
     She ran as fast as lightning. Her legs moved swiftly, kicking their faces and bodies in only a split of seconds. Tae, who was struggling with his wrists being tied together shouted out loudly.
     “NO! NO, DON’T!”
     He kept his gaze on her who was busy beating the out of them. Looked like she ignored all of his shouts and screams. The last man fell on the floor lifelessly. She gave him a last kick before her lips curved into a cynical smile. She wiped off her sweat then shifted her gaze to Tae. She ambled her way to Tae to help him.
     When suddenly…
     “NOO!!!”
     She fell on the floor hard. She started to feel the pain as her head just got hit by something extremely hard. She tried to turn her body around to see the person who just hit her. But, her vision was getting blur and even more blur. She tried to blink numerously with hope her vision will get clearer, but it didn’t work.
     She could hear some screams and shouts but she could not figure out what was happening and whose voices were those. Suddenly, after a few minutes. She could feel someone was holding her head and her body. She opened her eyes and she could see a face of a man not far from her face. She was sure that was Tae’s face.
     She gathered all of her remained energy and lifted her hands. Both of her palms were cupping his face. She wiped off the tears that were streaming down heavily on his left eye.
     “I told you! You should just sit there! Now, look what happened!” Tae stuttered, choked on his own tears.
     “I’ve… I’ve done the wrong thing?” she mumbled.
     “Yes! Yes, you did! Everything you’ve done from the first place, helping me, learning shooting and fighting, spying, letting me to teach you, everything is wrong!”
     She sneered weakly.
     “Even though all of this is wrong, I don’t know why, I feel right most of the time,”
     …
     “I… I…”
     Tae lifts his face slowly. He shifts his gaze to her. Their gazes meet.
     “I remember… everything,” she mutters.
     Tae’s brows are raising by themselves. His mouth is agape.
     “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Tae-ah? Taehyung-ah? Why?” she cups his face back and shakes it gently.
     “Because… Because…” he stutters.
     “What? Tell me,”
     “I don’t want the past to repeat… I don’t want the past also to be the future… Your mom will take you away from me. We won’t meet each other again. We… We...”
     A drop of tear drips down by her right eye. She wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him into his embrace. Her fingers clutch his head firmly. Her tears are shedding even heavier.
     “Listen, Tae,”
     She releases her hug then faces Tae. She gazes on his beautiful pair of eyes.
     “Even if the past will be repeated, even if the past will be the future, even if my evil mom will take me away from you, even if we will not to get meet each other again, always remember…”
     Tae waits for her to continue her words.
     “... I will never regret anything. I will never stop being there for you. I will always be by your side. I will always… always be… be loving you,”
     …
     “Get ready, boys. Our target are on their way,” Namjoon puts his shades on.
     Jungkook sneers. He tighten his bag then turns to his back to see Tae. He is on his phone, probably talking with her.
     “Don’t worry. We planned it well. Just wait for us to come. And, don’t forget to tell your mom not to be too shocked and worried,”
     “I still cannot believe that we are agreeing to do this,” Jin snickers while busy wearing his earpiece in front of the mirror.
     “Yeah, me too, hyung,” Hoseok tucks in his hands into the black fingerless gloves.
     “Nah, I’m okay with this. I love kidnapping people,” Yoongi voices out with some french fries in his mouth.
     “Woah, I finally could hear this hyung’s voice,” Jimin pats Yoongi’s back.
     Yoongi gives him a death glare.
     “At least I’m not always disappear and having family issues,” just Yoongi being savage.
     All of the members chuckle with Yoongi’s attack on Jimin.
     “Okay, guys! Let’s go!” Tae raises his fist in the air passionately.
     “Why is this guy so happy?” Jimin points out his finger to Tae.
     “Because we’re about to ‘kidnap’ his girl, duhh,” Jungkook answers.