Never Loved You

BTS One Shot ~

     “Your parents are divorcing?”
     She nods gently with her gaze still on the comic. Her hand grabs one of the cookie then feeds it into . Lily looks at her then scoffs in disbelief. She crosses her arms then shook her head.
     “You’re okay… with that?” Lily raises her brows.
     She drops the comic onto the table then shift her gaze to Lily. She leans in closer to meet her eye to eye.
     “I don’t care about them,”
     I care about something else. Her heart whispers.
     She gets off the seat then ambles away from the class, her mood is spoiled. She decides to take some of her belongings at her locker at the hallway. Her eyes caught a figure of someone’s familiar at the lockers. She walks to her locker, two lockers away from his.
    “You knew about them already?”
    She sneers while her hands are busy searching for things she wanted in the locker.
    “Your mother never stops making my dad angry since the first year they got married. I wonder why I agreed to have a step mother like her,”
    “I’m so glad I won’t get to see your face again every day. Looking at your face for all these three years is ing irritating,”
    “You can just leave my house quickly. It changes nothing. I never feel your presence after all,”
    He faces her, but she just keeps her gaze on the locker. He smacks the locker close then strides away, leaving her in the hallway alone. After noticing that he is nowhere to be seen, she lets out a soft weak sigh. She could feel her legs are weak and her eyes start to tear up but she just try to be tough and hold it on. She could feel a slight pain attacking her heart. She taps her chest numerously then tries to breath in and out.
    Slowly, she gets down to squat, hugging her legs tightly with her face digging in deeper. Her tears start to stream down heavily. She keeps her lips shut so she could cry quietly. Her jeans are a little soaked with her tears. She inhales deeply so her tears could stop shedding more. She stands up then takes a look on the mirror in her locker. She wipes off her tears and fans her face with both of her hands so she could get calm faster. After for minutes, she locks her locker then walks away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     The soft cold breeze touches her beautiful flawless skin and also her hair, making some strands of it floating in the air. Her eyes calmly gaze on the view from the balcony. She lands her on the cushioned swing with her eyes still on the scenery. Suddenly, she could hear a sound of door sliding open and close. Her head turns around to her left. Her eyes lay on a figure of a man standing on the other balcony with his eyes meeting hers.
     Both of them pull their gazes back to the view in jinx.
     “Done packing?”
     Jungkook smirks then sneers.
     “You really have no patience. Don’t worry. I’ll leave. You don’t have to force me,”
     She lowers her gaze. To be honest, she does not mean that way. Every mean things that she threw on him, she never means them. She just pretend to be mean, so she could hate him slowly.
      But, that never works.
      “Jungkook-ah,”
      “It’s been years for you to call me that way. Or to be more specific, to call my name,”
      Her gaze is now on the floor. Her arms are crossed with her fingers caressing her arms. The night is getting colder.
      “Just…”
      She sighs heavily.
      “Just let me… Call your name… Again… For the last time… Before you go,”
      Slowly, Jungkook turns his head to her. Her eyes do not meet his. She just not ready yet to stare on that beautiful pair of eyes. She fears if she could not let go of those eyes. She had done that once. She could not bear if she has to do it again.
      She knows that his eyes are still on her, so she just keep staring outside.
      “Have you ever wondered, if my mother did not meet your father, this would not happen right?”
      She gathers all the guts she has to turn around and faces him.
      “What happen?”
      “Both of us changed into complete strangers even though we once loved each other back then,”
      “For me, I never loved you….”
      “I have always… been loving you,”
      Then, she gazes back on the view. But, Jungkook does not do the same. He does not know what to say, so he just keep gazing on her and remains silent.
      “But, you can’t blame our parents. If they did not meet, we won’t meet too,”
      He nods gently, agreeing.
      “Yeah… We won’t fall for each other,”
      Her lips curve a bit, appearing a small sweet sincere smile. Jungkook does the same thing when he sees her smile. The smile that he will never feel bored to stare at.
      “My hands won’t get to hold your soft, small hands,”
      Her smile gets wider.
      “My lips won’t get to touch yours, too,”
      She gets off from her seat then turns her whole body to him.
      “Can you please stop flashing back all those things? There’s no use. You’re going to leave too no matter you or me like it or not. You’re making this harder for me to let you go,”
      “So, don’t,”
      She blinks in confusion.
      “Don’t and never let me go,”
      Her eyes are getting watery.
      “But… But, you’re going to leave... “
      “I’ll search for you back. Can you wait for me?”
      …
      He really left that house the next morning. His bedroom is empty. His closet, too. His desk in the class, too. His locker on the hallway, too. He is gone.
      He is really gone.
     …
     Everyone is walking around. Some of them are walking really quick and some of them are just sauntering calmly. She arrives at the campus cafeteria trying to look for her friends. All of them set a rendezvous to have a study group. Her eyes catch a hand waving at her. She strides rushingly to the table.
     “Yah, why are you late?” the girl with a high ponytail pouts then crosses her arms.
     “Oh, come on, guys. This girl will always be the last to arrive and all of us know that,” the boy in big but thin glasses sneers cynically.
     “Hey, at least I did not skip. Plus, I’m the most important person in here because without me, you guys will have no one to ask to, right? Hey, I have one of the most genius brain in the campus, please,” she taps her chest proudly then takes a seat.
     “A fact that is hard for all of us to accept and impossible to deny,”
     “Indeed,”
     “Okay, okay. Stop bragging around. We should start studying,”
     “Wait,”
     The guy in the glasses stops them. He pulls out his phone and dialed a number and has a short conversation then ends the call. He tucks in the phone back into his pocket.
     “We will be having a new member. Wait for few more minutes, shall we?”
     “Look. I’m not that late,”
     The girl in the ponytail glares at her.
     “Still. He’s new. But, you’re not,”
     “Oh, it’s a he?”
     “Oh, here he is,” she points her thumb to a figure of a man in front of the table.
     She turns her head and pulls her gaze onto the man’s eyes. Her lips slowly curving wider and brighter.
     “I told you I’ll search for you,”