My Brave Girl

BTS One Shot ~

“Hey! That’s mine!”
     She pointed out her index finger to the teddy bear that the boy was holding. She marched towards the boy with an angry face plastered on. She crossed her arms with pouted, standing in front of the boys with they’ll give her the teddy bear back.
     “Hah! Look at this kid! She thinks we are afraid of her!” the boy who was holding her teddy bear exclaimed then bursted into laughters, so did his friends.
     “Give me that!” her hands tried to reach out for the teddy bear but she was just too small and tiny compared with that fat huge boy. The boy held up her teddy bear high. The boys sneered and snickered by looking at her hopping hopelessly to reach for the teddy bear.
     “I’ll call my Mama if you don’t want to give me back my bear!” she screamed then gasped for air as she was tired jumping just now. Her palm were on her knees and her back was a little slouched.
     “Call your Mama?”
     She clenched her jaw and her fists.
     “Has your so-called Mama ever existed?”
     Her eyes became watery.
     “Hahaha! What a…”
     A punch laid right on his fat cheek. Her breathe was getting heavier. Her tears start to roll down. Her knuckles were bleeding.
     “ONE MORE WORD ABOUT MY MAMA... “ she cut her words, sobbed then inhaled deeply to continue her sentence.
     “... I’LL MAKE SURE YOU’LL DIE,”
     He got up from the ground and engaged his gaze with hers. He could feel a scary and strong vibe from her. But, that didn’t stop him to get up to attack her back. Even though she was just a little girl.
    “HOW DARE YOU…”
    She closed her eyes tightly, waiting for the fist to hit her right on the face, but somehow, she did not feel anything. Slowly, she opened back her eyes and saw his fist right in front of her face. She blinked in confusion but then she noticed something. She glanced over her shoulder and saw a figure of a boy. His fingers were wrapped firmly on the boy’s wrist. She withdrawed some steps while stuttering in shock.
     “You know it’s not good for boys to hit girls,” he muttered.
     The boy remained silent.
     He loosened his grip and the boy pulled his hand back away.
     “Who are you?! How dare you to budge in…”
     “Psst! Boss! This is the boy!” one of his friends whispered into his ears.
     “He’s the son of the biggest armors and weapons company in Korea!”
     The boy’s eyes widened. He cleared his throat and chuckled lifelessly. The boy reached out his hand to him.
     “Ouh… I’m… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that,” he chuckled again.
     “How about a handshake, my brother? We should be friends,” he added again.
     His sharp gaze gave the boy and his friends goosebumps. He gulped, feeling like he was about to be eaten.
     “It’s okay. I don’t need any brother or friends like you,”
     …
     “Hey, brave girl, you could almost die,” he ruffled her hair. She remained in silence as the tears start to stream down again. He sighed by looking at her. He stood up from the ground and ambled to get the teddy bear that was lying pathetic on the dirt then brushed the dust off. He walked back to the kid and reached out his palm.
     “Can you walk, kid?” he asked.
     She nodded gently.
     “Come on, we have to treat your cuts…” his eyes wandered off to her from head to toe.
     “... and give you new clothes, too,” he added.
     The girl lifted her face slowly then locked her eyes to his. He could see much sorrow and sadness was piling and reflected on those beautiful pair of round black eyes. He bent a bit then wrapped his fingers around her wrist and pulled her gently to stand up. He handed her bear and she took it without any sound or voice. They walked to his house together with his hand still holding onto her wrist.
     “What’s your name?” he voiced out.
     She spoke nothing.
     “Hey, girl, what’s your name? You must have a name, right?”
     She shook her head. He stopped stepping further and gazed on her in shock. His slanting eyes got wider.
     “You don’t have one? Seriously?”
     “I… I… I don’t know,” she murmured.
     “How about your parents?”
     “Papa…  Papa just passed away few days ago… Mama… Mama…”
     She stopped talking. He blinked in confusion.
     “How about your mom?”
     “Mama… She…”
     She bit her bottom lip. He could see that she was a bit hesitated.
     “If you don’t want to tell…”
     “I don’t know where Mama is… But, when I woke up from my sleep that day, I saw Mama was leaving by the door. I asked Mama where was she going and she just told me to stay in the house quietly, Mama will come back but…”
     “...but?”
     “I never see Mama appeared from that door again, till now,”
     He smiled weakly, feeling apologetic to the girl.
     “Then, with whom are you staying with now?”
     She lifted her head then faced him.
     “With whom?”
     He nodded.
     “I don’t know. I’m searching for Mama,” she said with an innocent and pure looking face.
     “What? You’re searching for your mom? By your own?”
     She nodded.
     “You know a kid like you shouldn’t wander around without any adults,”
     “But, you did the same, too,”
     “Eihh… I’m big enough to stroll around by myself. By the way, how old are you?”
     “Six,”
     “You look younger and smaller. I thought you were 4,” he sneered.
     “You?”
     “Me? Ermm… I’m four years older than you,” he sticked four of his fingers out.
     “Ohh… So, I should call you oppa,” she smiled a little.
     He somehow, did not know why, felt a bit joyous to see her finally smiling.
     “Yes. Oppa. Jimin oppa,”
     She nodded.
     “How about you? You must have name,”
     Both of her shoulders were raised.
     “Then, what your parents called you?”
     “Kid, and sometimes punk or bastard,”
     He lowered his gaze to the girl. She said that as if that was a normal thing.
     “Then, should I gave you name?”
     She smiled brightly and nodded.
     “Hwami. Yes, it suits you,”
     “Hwami. My name is Hwami. Yeah, I like it,” she giggled.
     Hwami, brings the meaning of bravery and splendor.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “JIMIN OPPA! WAKE UP!”
     Jimin opened his eyes slowly and saw Hwami’s face right on top of his, but upside down. He pushed her face away then grabbed his pillow to cover his head and ears.
     “OPPA! WAKE UP! LET’S GO TO THE GYM!” she tapped his bed loudly.
     He opened his eyes slowly and then threw his pillow away. The sunshine was hurting his eyes, maybe too much light was sensed by his eyes. His eyes caught the figure of the girl in front of him at the end of the bed. Then, he shifted his gaze to the digital clock beside his humongous bed on the table.
     8:27 a.m.
     “Sh… Shouldn’t you go to the school, Hwami-ah… It’s already late,” he leaned against the bed frame, sitting with both of his legs lying straight on the bed.
     She crossed her arm then pouted.
     Cute.
     “Today is Friday, duhh,”
     He blinked with his half-awake state then got off from his bed.
     “Le… Let me go… Wash my face…” he walked sloppily to the toilet. Hwami stared at him while shaking her head. She shifted her gaze to his bed.
     “Messy,”
     She got on his bed and arranged the fluffy pillows back to their original positions. She did his bed perfectly, from his pillows to his blanket and comforter. She wiped off her sweat. It was tiring to make his bed as his bed was big af. Maybe, if she brought some of her friends, 8 or 9, all of them maybe could fit in his bed.
     “Thanks for making my bed,” he mumbled with the toothbrush still in his mouth, brushing his teeth thoroughly.
     “I make your bed every weekends,” she gave him a death glare.
     He lifted his thumb up.
     “Oppa. You’re 20, now,” she put her hands on her hips.
     “Then?”
     “You should start doing it from now on. You’re a grown up guy,”
     He made an ‘OK’ sign with his cute fingers.
     “CAN YOU GET READY FASTER. I’M STANDING HERE LIKE ALMOST FOR HALF AN HOUR,”
     After the day when Jimin brought her to his home, Jimin begged to his parents to keep her in the house and also to take care of her. Jimin told everything about her, her name, her age that time, her parents, what happened just now to her and everything else that he knew even though a little about her, everything, he told everything to his parents. His parents, reluctantly, accepted his wish. She was kept in the house with the other maids. She was treated like other normal girls.
     Bit by bit, as the days were passing, his parents felt comfortable around her, so did she. Since she excelled in her academic and also did well in every lesson that was thought by Jimin’s father, she was getting even more attention. Jimin felt happy to see his family and her to get along. He thought that they will be mean to her, but his speculations were wrong.
     Oh, do you want to know what lesson had been thought by Jimin’s father?
     Everything about fighting, armor and weapons.
     Both of them, Jimin and Hwami, learnt boxing, swords, guns, rifles, archery, taekwondo and other else together. They also learnt spying, basics of hacking, types of bombs and grenades and bullets and almost everything. Every weekend, they’ll go to the gym and spend there approximately for 4 hours. At first, Hwami could not handle all of these. But, slowly, she was getting used to these.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Jimin wiped his sweat off with the back of his hand.
     “Damn, I need to have a shower right away,”
     He turned to his back to search for Hwami because he wanted to head back to home already. All of the exercising appliances made him hard to search for her. He sauntered further into the gym. Echoes of loud bumping sound slowly could be heard. He reached at the boxing section, which was located at the rear area in the gym.
     His eyes laid on Hwami who was only in her black and striking pink sports bra and black shiny leggings with her long hair tied up high. Revealing her jawline then to her collarbone also her abs and her slim waist.
     She looked pretty badass and at the same time y with her strong gaze on the sand bag. Every punch from her produced a loud echo of bumped sound.
     Suddenly, she stopped punching then pulled her gaze to Jimin. An eyebrow rose, telling him, “why are you here?”. She was breathing heavily with her chest moving up and down. He tapped his watch on his wrist then tilted his head a bit to the back, telling her, “let’s go,”.
     She took her water bottle from her bag then wore her bag and ambled right away to Jimin. She opened the bottle cap and chugged it in thirst. Jimin gazed on her who was standing right next to him.
     “Yah, drink slowly. You’ll choke,”
     She stopped drinking then tightened the cap back. She signed him an ‘OK’ sign with her fingers. Jimin could see some bluish or maybe purplish and kinda reddish spots on her knuckles. He shook and crossed his arms.
     “Look at those hands,”
     She blinked confusely then lifted her hands to observe them.
     “What?”
     He took her hands and touched and held them gently. He ran his thumbs to her knuckles and to her fingers. Hwami who was sweating felt that the surrounding was getting hotter and hotter. She gulped looking at Jimin’s fingers hers with gentle. She did not know why, she could not handle these feels. He had done that like almost every time they went to gym. Sometimes, she made her knuckles turnt that way just so he could touched them.
    Because, she liked his touch. Gentle and careful. Like he was holding the finest piece of glass.
    She startled when Jimin suddenly pulled his gaze to hers. They stared on each other’s eyes deeply. They stayed that way for almost a minute when they could suddenly hear a sound of door creaking. Hwami broke the gaze first and pulled her hands back. Jimin caressed the back of his neck with his palm and cleared his throat awkwardly.
    “L… Let… Let’s go,” she stuttered.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Jimin gazed onto the sky. Tons of twinkling stars were occupied in the sky tonight. He stared on those stars one by one as he could not even close his eyes that night. He ran his fingers through his hair to slide his bangs off his view. He leaned back against the sofa. He played back every memory that he got and created with Hwami, right since the first moment he laid his eyes on her, when she was still a kid, 10 years back.
     His lips curved into a cheeky smile. Sometimes, he also chuckled when some funny memories flashed through his mind. He breathed in and out deeply. He tucked in his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He pressed the photos icon and started to swipe all the photos of Hwami he had since she was in her primary school. Some of the photos were captured perfectly but most of them were candid and were taken secretly. But, no matter how she posed and even though the picture was taken candidly, she still looked wonderful.
     All the time.
     He decided to have a glass of water before continuing his works on the papers and contracts and proposals and lists and every that he did not want to look at. Well, being a son of a dad who owned a big company was tough. But, what he could do? He had to obey no matter what. He had no choice.
     It was too late to call for the maids. Plus, a glass of water, he probably can do it by himself. He twisted the knob to open the door then stepped away. He climbed down the stairs carefully then headed to the kitchen. He was shocked to see that Hwami was sitting on the counter. She was staring blankly into the cup of coffee. She probably did not notice his presence.
     “Omo!”
     Jimin chuckled to see her shocked face.
     “You should see your face,”
     She snorted.
     Jimin took a glass and poured out some cold water into it. He held it then brought it to the counter and took a sit opposite to her. Hwami, who was staring at the coffee again pulled her gaze to Jimin.
     “What are you doing here?” Jimin asked then took a sip of the water.
     “I cannot sleep,”
     “Why?”
     “School homeworks,”
     He chuckled again.
     “Pity you, you still have to do homeworks. I’m already free,”
     She sneered.
     “Oppa,”
     Jimin swallowed the last drop then put the glass back on the counter. He focused his eyes on her.
     “What?” he raised an eyebrow.
     “What if… Just, what if… I want to move out from here?”
     He frowned in confusion then let out a lifelessly chuckle.
     “Wh-Wha-What are you talking about?” his forehead was creased.
     “In case, just in case, if I moved out from here, what will you do?”
     Jimin’s smile slowly faded away.
     “Why? Why do you have to? You’re still a kid. I mean, not that kid. You’re just 16. What’s wrong? Do you have any problem? If you have…”
     “Oppa,”
     He gazed right into her eyes, deeply.
     “You have done much to me. More than enough. I don’t have any problems since the first moment I stepped into this house. I feel excellent. I feel great,” she smiled sweetly.
     But, for someone who had knew her more than anybody else in this house, he knew her ways of smile.
     And he knew that she was faking it.
     “Since we met at the first place, you’ve protected me, you brought me to this house, you took care of me, you gave me everything that I never got to have before, and also, you give me life,”
     Somehow, those words, touched his heart and made his lips curved sweetly and sincerely. He lowered his gaze.
     “If…”
     He pulled his gaze back to her.
     “If something… shocking or unusual… or just anything happened…” she breathed in deeply.
     “...you ...you have to know that… everything I do is just to… repay you,” she continued, hesitated.
     Jimin frowned.
     “No. You don’t need to repay anything. Please,” he knew something was wrong. And he knew she will never tell him what.
     “Oppa,”
     “What?”
     She got off from her seat then sauntered to his seat. He stood right beside Jimin. He spinned around to face her.
     “Can I have a hug?”
     Jimin pulled her into his warm embrace. He hugged tightly, and he wished to not let go of the hug. One of her hand was placed on her back and another one on head. He could feel two small palms were resting on his back.
     “Hwami-ah…” he whispered.
     He loosened the hug a bit so they can face each other. But, the gap between them was so small as Jimin’s hands were still on her back. He noticed that her eyes slowly began to form tears on them.
     “What?”
     “Don’t leave me,”
     Her tears streamed down.
     “Don’t go away,”
     Her eyes wandered off.
     “Stay with me,”
     She lowered her head.
     Jimin pulled her back closer into his embrace. He could feel that she was hugging tighter than before with her hands clutching his shirt firmly. Jimin could sense something was happening. And he was sure it was a bad thing.
     “Oppa, don’t hate me. I do this because I love you,” she whispered in her cry.
     Jimin her long hair softly.
     “Why would I hate you?”
     Jimin let go of the hug. Out of sudden, he placed both of his hands to her waist then lifted her onto the counter. He trapped her between his arms then leaned closer to her face. Hwami leaned closer to him. Their lips touched onto each other. She wrapped her arms around his neck while keep kissing him.
     She could not handle, she was feeling too embarrassed. She pulled away slowly with her eyes tried not to meet his.
     “I have always been loving you since the first moment we met. And, trust me, I won’t ever stop loving you,”
     Suddenly, she sticked out her pinky finger.
     “Promise me?”
     He gazed into her eyes.
     “Promise me you won’t hate me forever?”
     He smiled weakly.
     Their pinky fingers intertwined together.
     “I promise,”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “Where did she go, hyung?” Jungkook asks with his eyes wide opened, being impatient to know the whole story.
     Jimin lowers his gaze.
     “I don’t know. The next day, she just… disappeared,”
     Tae munches his cookies then points his bitten cookie towards Jimin.
     “No wonder you never have any eyes on any women,” he says with some bits of cookies spitted out.
     “Yah, Taehyung-ah, make sure to pick every single crumbs that you spitted out on the floor. I have swept the floor cleanly and you’re messing things up,” Jin warns him.
     Tae shows him an ‘OK’ sign.
     “But… What if, that girl won’t come back?” Namjoon ambles to them and joins in, taking a seat beside Jin.
     Jimin sneers then gazes right into Namjoon’s eyes.
     “She will,”
     Jimin gets off from the sofa then steps to the balcony to breathe in some fresh air. He replays some memories of few years ago in his mind.
     …
     “So, this is why you let her to learn all these things with me all along? To make her as one of the recruit in your squad? Dad, she’s freaking 16!” Jimin exclaimed.
     “Watch your language, son!”
     Both of them engaged their gazes. Jimin breathed heavily, holding on his anger.
     “What did you threat her, huh?”
     Mr. Park snickered.
     “Shut up, young man. If I didn’t do this, I would have force you to get into my squad,”
     “I’d rather get into that squad instead of sitting there, doing nothing, like a fool and sacrificing innocent people to force them to do illegal things,” he threw the words right onto his face.
     His father groaned in anger.
     “FINE! If that is what you wanted, then go! Join the squad, then!” he screamed.
     Jimin smirked devilishly.
     “Why would I join your squad?” he chuckled cynically. He started to walk away from his father office. He held the doorknob then turned his head to his side and caught his father’s figure at the corner of his eye.
     “I already have one,”
     …
     “Jimin-ah,” Yoongi’s call snaps him back into the reality. He blinks numerously before spinning around to face Yoongi who is standing in the living room. He gets in and walks to him.
     “What’s the matter?”
     “The client who ordered weapons from you. Have you prepared everything?”
     Jimin nods.
     “It’s already in the boots of the car in the hidden garage,” he adds.
     “Great. Let’s go,”
     …
     Jimin holds the bag in his hand. His eyes wander to the left and to the right.
     Clear.
     He starts to stroll out of the van then just straight into the subway. He whistles slowly. He could see a figure starts to appear from the subway, and it must be the customer. He could see its face clearly but by the body, he could figure out easily that it is a she.
     He crosses pass the woman in the hoodie. Their hands touch with each other’s. Jimin shifts his gaze onto the woman’s hand. He could see some bluish and purplish spots on her knuckles. He is about to step further when he realized something.
     She spins around to face him and opens her hood.
     He is shocked to see her newest look. Her hair is collarbone-length and obvious dark circles under her eyes. Her cheeks are sunken a bit than before and there were some thin scars on her right cheek. There is a little wound at the corner of her lips.
     He slowly steps closer and closer to her. He pulls her into his embrace right away.
     “I ing missed you. I told you, don’t go!” he whispers.
     She smiles.
     “How have you been? Are you okay? Do you eat well? Why are you being too skinny? Eat more! What’s with these cuts and wounds? And the bruises on the hands?” he alters tons of questions as right as they let go of the hug.
     He takes her hands and runs his thumbs onto her knuckles and her fingers.
     “Look at these!”
     Hwami chuckles.
     “Some things just never change,”
     Jimin gazes into her eyes back then gives her his sweetest smile. He hug her back tightly. Really really tight.
     “I don’t want to let go of this hug. Or you will leave me again,” he mutters.
     Suddenly, both of them could hear a sound of someone pulling the barrel of a gun. In jinx, they let go of the hug and pull their guns from their pockets and aim them to the area where they heard the noise come from.
     Guess what. It is Yoongi.
     Realizing it was Yoongi, he drops his arms down then tucks his gun into his pocket back. He turns to Hwami who is still targeting the gun on Yoongi. He pushes her arms down.
    “Relax. He’s in my squad,”
    “Yah, I thought you got attacked or something because you were late. And then, it turned out that you were making out with this chick,” he points out at Hwami with his gun.
    Jimin shakes his head while chuckling.
    She faces him with confusion plastered on her face. She tucks in her gun in her hoodie pocket with her eyes still on Jimin.
    “Your squad?”
    Jimin sneers.
    “Yes, my squad,”