Topping #5

Delivery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Topping #5

Several weeks passed since Hoseok took Yoomi out on their date. The pair had become somewhat inseparable after that, particularly where he was concerned. He didn’t have very many classes he was taking Fall semester, and therefore had plenty of time in between class time and his job to spend following her around as he pleased.

Wherever she went during her free time, eighty percent of the time, he was sure to be there as well.

Which also seemed to include the short breaks she managed to get in order to study for finals, most of which occurred during her meal break from work at the library. And while she found the action to be endearing, Hoseok’s constants visits to the library became slightly hard for her to deal with under the stress of studying for finals. She loved his visits before, but with less than a week left to prepare, she couldn’t really afford much time to play around.

The little scholarship she had was on the line if her GPA dropped even a little.

But, of course, Hoseok didn’t fully grasp that he was such a big distraction for her.

She knew that he was only trying to help her de-stress, but it only caused her to stress even more. Things hit a breaking point when he began to mess around and joke with her. Every time she would put her pencil down to flip through her notes or her textbook, he would sneakily pull it away and hide it from her. The first couple of times she laughed it off, but after the fifth attempt of him doing that to get her attention, she sighed and shut her book, shaking her head at him, though she was only half annoyed.

“Hoseok, I really can’t afford to lose this scholarship.”

“You won’t. Miss Bunny is too smart to worry about that.” He frowned, placing her pencil back down on the table regretfully. “But, I’m sorry.”

Yoomi could clearly see the guilt in Hoseok’s features and sighed, reaching forward to grab his hand in hers and give it a squeeze. “This is the last week of finals. Then it’ll be winter break and we’ll have plenty of time together.”

She expected him to smile at her reassurance, but instead, his brows furrowed and his guilt seemed to deepen.

“I’m going back home for Christmas vacation.”

“Oh.” Her heart clenched in response to his words. She was so used to spending breaks in her dorm, she didn’t even think to assume that Hoseok would actually want to go home to see his family for the Holiday. A distant look crossed over her face, one that caught the boy’s attention immediately.

“You’re not going back home?”

She shrugged, taking a deep breath before giving a gentle wave in his direction to brush the topic away. “I usually stay in my dorm during holidays.”

It was easy for Hoseok to put two and two together and figure out that she didn’t have a solid place to go home to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter