Topping #1

Delivery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Topping #1

Yoomi wasn’t all too pleased with the ongoing struggle she faced almost every Friday and Saturday night when she returned from either her class or job, to her single-person dorm room. She wished she could say she had gotten used to it after dealing with it for nearly four months now, but that would have been a deep and foolish lie.

She had not gotten used to the blaring noise the reverberated through her dorm, the sound originating from the room on the other side of her wall, Room Number 34b. Loud music and shouts lasted from eight in the evening until nearly four in the morning, every single weekend.

Living in one of the three co-ed dorms, and the cheapest of them all, she had to up the fact that men and woman partied so close to her. On a lucky night, she managed to plug in her own music and fall asleep to the sound of a lullaby as opposed to her schoolmates doing… inappropriate things just through the thin walls of the building.

She shivered at the memories.

Yoomi was just about to allow herself to slip into her own music, and hopefully manage to sleep some before waking up early for work, before the sound of erratic knocking filled her room, barely audible over the boisterous sounds of partying.

She almost ignored it, assuming it to be one of her schoolmates again, drunk off of their and shouting at her, telling her she should join on the fun. ‘Have a good time’.

Live a little.

But, when they knocked again she realized they weren’t going to leave any time soon, and since the shouting had yet to start, she could guess the person on the other side of the wood door wasn’t drunk.

So, with a sigh, Yoomi got off of her bed, setting her old and well used ipod on the blanket and stepped to her entranceway. And, before the person could knock again, she opened the door, moving to join them in the hallway, not trusting anyone to see the contents of her room.

Her safe place.

As she stepped into the hallway, she was amazed to find the sound she heard through her back wall did not carry to the front, and once she cracked the door behind her, the remnants of the party vanished behind her to a dull hum and her head instantly felt lighter.

She closed her eyes and breathed in the refreshing silence before deciding to greet her unexpected visitor. When her eyes fluttered opened, she was slightly taken aback to see him standing much closer to her than she had thought, and her heart skipped in her chest in shock.

The boy before her was smiling, probably the brightest smile she had ever seen in her entire life, as he stood in front of her with two big bags holding several boxes of pizza. His hair was dyed a pale pink, parted almost down the middle, though not quite, and showing off a tiny bit of his forehead. His lips formed a heart as he smiled, and his eyes sparkled at her.

In her opinion, the delivery boy was quite dazzling.

When neither of them spoke for a few moments, the boy shifted on his feet, hoping to alleviate some of the weight of holding the boxes. “Uh, delivery…” He repeated a bit shyly, his smile only faltering for a second. “Dormitory 220, Apartment 34b. Six boxes of pizza. One cheese, one pepperoni, one mea-”

“Um, sorry, but,” Yoomi cut him off quickly, to which he froze, his smile finally vanishing into a confused pout, that she found immensely adorable. She gave him a regretful look and pointed behind her at her door number. 34a. His eyes widened at the sight and she felt her own heart sink at his disappointment. “B is on the other side of the building, you can walk around the hall to get to it.”

“Ah, . Really?”

She nodded and he sighed, shaking his head at himself for not paying more attention. He stood there for a moment to try and figure out what to do next, but when no words were spoken after that, Yoomi decided to bow and head back into her apartment.

He saw her trying to dip away and shook his head vigorously, almost dropping the pizza’s in the process. “Hey, wait for a moment, please-”

Stopping before closing her door all the way, she peaked her head back out again an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter