Topping #4

Delivery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Topping #4

Yoomi was utterly amazed as they entered what was probably the fanciest place she had ever stepped foot in, in her entire 21 years of being alive. Fontaine was an extravagant restaurant, decorated with various tones of wine red and white, the feel of it simple yet elegant. And way out of Yoomi's league... her yellow sundress was painfully bright and plain to look at under the soft lighting of such a fancy place.

She stuck out like a sore thumb. The look on the hostess's face confirmed as much when the neatly dress woman gave her a once over that wasn't necessarily rude, but definitely slightly disapproving.

"Do you have a reservation?"

Hoseok gave the woman a pleasant smile and nodded, pulling Yoomi closer by the hand, his grip tightening encouragingly over hers. "Jung, party of two."

"Jung?" The lady's eyes widened just a fraction before she put a broad smile and straightened her shoulders up. "Of course, right this way Mr. Jung."

Yoomi found her behavior to be a little odd, but followed along graciously with the pink haired boy, his hair standing out rather nicely against the atmosphere of such a nice place, completely unlike her choice of clothing.

When they reached the table reserved for them, it was in a small corner of the restaurant, secluded from the rest of the guests, but still open enough for them to get the full experience.

Like the gentlemen he was, Hoseok pulled Yoomi's chair out for her, and gentle nudged her in before taking his place across from her.

"Here are your menus. There's a bottle of wine on the house, and your waiter will be with you in a moment." The hostess bowed politely and walked away, throwing an awed glance back at their table, one that was hard for Yoomi to miss.

"Pick out whatever you like, okay?" Hoseok grinned, reaching over to grab the bottle of wine from the ice box and plopping it open skillfully. Yoomi felt so out of place watching him pour the cream colored liquid into her glass halfway before pouring some for himself.

"I take it you come here often..." She managed to breathe out, a bit amazed by her surroundings.

Hoseok shook his head, shrugging as he took a sip of his wine. "Not really."

She wanted to point out how the people who worked there seemed to know who he was, but she kept that to herself and returned his smile with a sheepish one of her own, taking a tentative sip of her drink.

The wine went down smoothly and Yoomi paused for a moment afterward, a euphoric feeling filling her. This was the first time she had ever had anything so pleasant to drink, she knew instantly that it must have been super expensive.

As she opened the menu to glance at all of the gourmet dishes, Yoomi was reminded of the fact that she had only had a sandwich that afternoon for lunch... that all she ever really ate was either a sandwich or ramen. Seeing all of the delicious foods, beautifully photographed beside the name and description of the dish, left watering.

She ended up ordering more than she intended to when the waiter came, and felt bad for imposing so much. But, Hoseok didn't bat an eyelash at her for her choice in foods, he even found it endearing that she had such a big appetite.

It wasn't until the check came and Yoomi caught a glimpse of the... outrageous bill, that the gravity of the situation hit her to its full extent. It didn't seem like it would be a lot of money, but given the class of the restaurant, she should have known better.

She reached into the small purse she had strapped around her shoulder, knowing it would have been useless to do so, since all she had were a few loose coins and bills in her wallet.

"Will this be on your father's tab, Mr. Jung?" The waiter asked when he returned for the check. Yoomi frowned at hearing those words and gave Hoseok a confused look.

Does his father come here a lot, then? She pondered as Hoseok shook his head, pulling out his own wallet and handing the waiter his card.

"No, this is my date, so it's my bill to cover, like a man should." He smiled, and the waiter nodded in approval before stepping away to charge his car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter