Reality

Will last forever

It has been a week after Jeonghan arrived at New York. He misses Seungcheol terribly but he can't even message the latter. they didn't end in good terms and he would look like a hypocrite if he message Seungcheol. He chose to keep all his feelings aside because he would be getting married next week. 

Jeonghan hates the idea of arrange marriage. Why can't he just choose whom he wants to marry? Just because his Father knows he won't leave Seungcheol no matter what, he did this. He threatened to do the same thing that he did to Jonghyun to Seungcheol and that scared Jeonghan to death. The bob-haired boy knows he can't disobey his Father so he just followed whatever he wants. 

The said boy sat on his bed, holding his phone. He found himself contemplating whether to message Seungcheol and tell him the truth or not but this thoughts were interrupted by a knock coming from the door.

"Jeonghan, get ready. You're going to see Mr. Kim's son today." Mr. Yoon announced from the other side of the door. Jeonghan just looked at the door, not even bothering to answer. He just placed his phone down and proceeded on getting ready. 

He sighed as he picked out some clothes in his closet and proceeded to the bathroom to get ready. He closed the door behind him and faced the mirror. Damn, he looks awful. There were dark circles under his eyes, they were also a bit puffy from crying every night, his cheekbones bulging out more from his face more than before because he's getting thinner, his cheeks were slightly thinner and his hair in a mess. Jeonghan looks and feels miserable.

Suddenly, Jeonghan held his head, squinting his eyes. His headache is coming back again. Lately, he was feeling unwell. Constantly vommiting everyday and getting dizzy all of a sudden. 'It's probably because I haven't been eating well...' He thought.

He went to take a bath first before he got dressed and put some powder on his face. He styled his hair neatly before going out of his room for the first time that day. He went downstairs and saw his Father immersed on the book he was reading. 

"Dad, I'm done." Jeonghan announced as he approach his Dad on the couch.

Mr. Yoon looked up and nodded. "Good, just go outside. Mr. Lee is waiting for you." He looked back at his book. "He'll take you to the restaurant where Mr. Kim's son is waiting." he said.

Jeonghan nodded slowly, having no energy to answer back. "I'll be going now." He said before walking away to the front door.

"Yes, take care." was all he got from his Dad. Mr. Yoon isn't the perfect Dad but Jeonghan still loves him despite of the thing that he's forcing him into. An Unwanted Marriage to a Random Stranger isn't enough for Jeonghan to make himself hate his own father. He's pissed but not to the point where he'll despise his Dad. He knows the Mr. Yoon is only thinking about Jeonghan's future. Mr. Yoon wanted Jeonghan to have a comfortable future where he wouldn't worry about money and with Seungcheol's status in life, that would be inevitable. 

Jeonghan made his way to the car waiting outside the gate. The car's backdoor was opened by one bodyguard for Jeonghan. The bob-haired male went inside the car then the bodyguard closed it again. The guard went to the passenger seat beside the driver then they drove off to the restaurant.

"Jeonghan-ssi, you look pale. Would you like us to stop by the hospital first?" Mr. Lee, Jeonghan's bodyguard, asked as he look at Jeonghan through the rear mirror. Jeonghan lifted his head slightly before shaking his head. "No, thank you. I'm fine." Jeonghan replied.

"But Jeonghan-ssi, you don't look very well. We could just turn-" "No, I said i'm fine. I just have a headache. That's all." Jeonghan said, cutting Mr. Lee's protest.

Mr. Lee sighed and nodded, knowing how stubborn Jeonghan can get. They continue driving to the restaurant and within a few minutes, they arrived. Mr. Lee opened the door for Jeonghan and they bob-haired male stepped out, walking to the restaurant. The door was opened for him by a staff. Jeonghan entered the restaurant followed by Mr. Lee. They approached a staff. 

"Excuse me, Miss. Is there a reservation under the name of Kim Mingyu?" Mr. Lee asked for Jeonghan. The staff nodded and led them to a table where a tall, handsome man is sitting, fully focused on his phone. They seem to notice them approaching his table so he pulled his eyes away from his phone and stood up, greeting Jeonghan. 

"You must be Jeonghan? Nice to meet you. I'm Mingyu." He said, smiling sweetly.

The staff left, as well as Mr. Lee who went near the door of the restaurant to wait, giving the two some privacy. 

Jeonghan has to admit, Mingyu looks very charming. A perfect smile, built structure and handsome face. They were all in Mingyu. And the latter seems sweet too. if Jeonghan was any other person, he would immediately fall for Mingyu but no, Jeonghan only wants one person and that's Seungcheol. 

Jeonghan bowed and gave a small smile. "Nice to meet you too, Mingyu-ssi." He replied.

The latter smiled more. "Why don't we sit down first and get to know each other?" Mingyu offered, pulling a chair for Joenghan. Jeonghan nodded and sat on the chair and Mingyu quickly went back to his.

"So Jeonghan-ssi, you just came here from South Korea? Right?" Mingyu asked, starting a conversation.

Jeonghan nodded. "I only came here for the wedding."

Mingyu chuckled at the mention of the wedding, "Really? Are you excited for it?" he joked. 

"Not really," Jeonghan softly mumbled, barely audible but Mingyu catched that. 

"Oh look our food is here." Mingyu announced, changing the topic. The waiter brought their food to their table. "I hope you're okay with carbonara. I don't really know what food you like." he added.

Jeonghan gave a soft smile at the other. "No, it's alright." He said, not wanting to be rude to the other man but Jeonghan felt a wave of nausea immediately as soon as the pasta was placed in front him. he wasn't feeling it for any kind of pasta right now. He wants chicken. Yes, chicken.I should buy some later, on the way home. He thought.

"Are you sure? You don't look very well, Jeonghan-ssi." Mingyu said, noticing the pale look on Jeonghan's face. Jeonghan shook his head. "I'm really fine, don't worry about me." He said.

"Okay then," Mingyu replied. "So about the wedding..." he started.

"Look, Mingyu-ssi i-" "Let's cancel it." Mingyu said, catching Jeonghan off guard. The bob-haired male's eyes widened in shock. 

Mingyu looks guilty for some reason. He sighed, "I'm sorry, Jeonghan-ssi but I can't marry you." He apologized.

Jeonghan shook his head, 'No, Mingyu. It's okay!" Jeonghan said, smiling in relief. You don't know how happy he is right now at what he heard. A wave of hope passed in Jeonghan's heart. "I wanted to call the wedding off as well." Jeonghan confessed, making Mingyu laugh.

"You were forced into this too huh?" Mingyu asked.

"Of course, why would I marry a man I barely know?" 

Mingyu laughed, nodding. "I know right. And besides, I have someone who I want to marry already." He said. "His name is Jeon Wonwoo. We've been together for 2 years. My Mother told me to break up with Wonwoo because he thinks Wonwoo is just with me because of my money." Mingyu said, his smile turning sad as he continue with his story. Jeonghan listened attentively, understanding Mingyu's situation. "But they thought of Wonwoo wrong. Wonwoo is very simple and kind. He works in a library because he loves books so much. He invites me to the library every Sunday just so I can read stories to children with him."

"Just the thought of letting go of Wonwoo makes my heart break and I wouldn't even think of leaving him for someone else, even with someone as beautiful as you, Jeonghan-ssi." Mingyu said. The man is really honest and very sweet. This Wonwoo boy is very lucky to have someone like Mingyu. Jeonghan thought, smiling.

"Then suddenly my Mom told me i'll be getting married soon to you. I told Wonwoo about it and he cried." Mingyu sighed, "He told me I should just obey my Mom and get married with you but I know he doesn't want me to do that. He's only saying that because he knows Mom doesn't like him. But I'll fight for him, Jeonghan-ssi." Mingyu said, his smile turning bright again. "I have my own money. I can live with him and give him a comfortable life." MIngyu said with determination.

Jeonghan chuckled, "I love your determination. You should really fight for who you love and never let go no matter what." Oh God, jeonghan felt like a hypocrite.

Mingyu nodded, "Do you have someone that you like, Jeonghan-ssi?" 

Jeonghan's smile turned bittersweet. "I do...Someone I love," He said. "and I'm missing him so much.." He said, feeling tears at the side of his eyes. "But I don't have him anymore."

Mingyu looked at him confusedly. "Why?"

"My Dad told me about this marriage 2 months ago. He told me to break up with Seungcheol as soon as possible but I didn't until 2 weeks ago. I can't let go of him but I knew it was for the best. My Dad is really harsh sometimes and I'm afraid he might hurt Seungcheol if I don't obey." Jeonghan started, looking down. "But I should've fought for Seungcheol. I should've disobeyed my Dad for him. I shouldn't have let him go. I'm so bad, Mingyu. I hurt him..." Jeonghan said, feeling a tear trickle down from his eyes.

Mingyu felt pity for the latter. He extended on hand, reaching for Jeonghan's hand and he held it tight. "It's okay, Jeonghan-ssi. we're gonna call this wedding off soon. I'll tell my Mom and your Dad. Then you can go back to Seungcheol!" Mingyu said, squeezing Jeonghan's hand in the process. Jeonghan looked at Mingyu, smiling softly before he nodded. "Thank you, Mingyu-ssi."

Mingyu returned the smile, "It's not too late to fix things, Jeonghan-ssi. You'll be back together with him." 

Jeonghan chuckled, "I hope so." MIngyu chuckled as well before he noticed that Jeonghan hasn't touched his food yet. "Why aren't you eating Jeonghan-ssi?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows a little.

"Oh, uhm.. I don't feel like eating." Jeonghan said, smiling apologetically

"Would you like me to order something else?" Mingyu asked.

Jeonghan immediately shook his head. "Oh no! It's alright, i'm just really not hungry." Please order some chicken, I'm starving. Jeonghan shouted in his mind.

"Okay then, Jeonghan-ssi--" "Just call me Jeonghan, drop the formalities." Jeonghan said, cutting Mingyu off.

"Okay, Jeonghan." Mingyu smiled. 

"Let's be friends?" Jeonghan extended one hand to Mingyu.

The latter immediately nodded, shaking Jeonghan's hand eagerly. "Friends!" 

 


 

After their meet up, Mingyu promised to talk with their parents soon. Jeonghan, on the other hand, started feeling worse. He vomits more these last few days, most in the morning. He gets dizzy sometimes as well. 

I should visit the doctor, Jeonghan thought after he washed his mouth. He's in a cafe, hanging out with Mingyu and his boyfriend, Wonwoo. Now that Mingyu and Jeonghan are friends, Mingyu invited Jeonghan to meet Wonwoo. 

The man was very nice. He looks and deep voice is intimidating at first but he's kind just like what Mingyu said. They were having a nice chat in the cafe when suddenly felt a wave of nausea coming so he immediately rushed to the washroom.

Jeonghan came back to the table, sighing as he sat down. "Are you okay, Hannie hyung?" Mingyu asked with the new nickname he gave Jeonghan. The latter nodded. "Yes, I'm okay, Gyu. I guess i'm still stomach sick. Probably because I haven't eaten in a while then I started eating a lot again." He explained to the couple who looks at him with worry.

"You should go to the doctor, Hyung." Wonwoo said, voice full of concern. Jeonghan gave them a small smile before he nodded. "Yes, I will-" He said. Jeonghan stood up again, wanting to go to the washroom again when he suddenly out.

"Hyung!" Mingyu and Wonwoo shouted in unison, rushing to Jeonghan's side. Mingyu immediately picked Jeonghan up, rushing to the car with Wonwoo then they drove off to the hospital.

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan woke up. A white unfamiliar ceiling appearing at his line of sight. He furrowed his eyebrows then he sat up slowly. Mingyu and Wonwoo immediately rushed to him, helping him to sit up. "Hyung, be carefuly." Wonwoo reminded.

"What happened?" Jeonghan asked, rubbing his head.

"You fainted at the cafe, Hannie Hyung." Mingyu replied, standing beside Jeonghan's hospital bed with Wonwoo. "And uhm..."

Jeonghan looked at him confusedly. "Why?"

Mingyu nudged Wonwoo. "Yah, you tell hyung!" He said.

"Why me?! You tell him!" Wonwoo said.

"But Wonu-yaaaaaa" Mingyu whined like a kid, making Wonwoow sigh. "Fine," He said in defeat. Mingyu smiled before he faced Jeonghan again. 

"What's wrong? Am I gonna die?" Jeonghan asked.

"No!" Wonwoo said in protest, "Actually, hyung-" Just in time, the doctor went in. 

"Doc!" Mingyu said, seeing the doctor. 

"Hello, I heard Jeonghan is already awake." He said in English. "Yes, doc." Wonwoo replied to the doctor.

"Have you told him the news?" He asked, looking at Mingyu and Wonwoo and the couple just shook their heads. "Should I tell him then?" The Doctor asked.

"You should, Doc. We'll just leave you with Jeonghan hyung for a while." Mingyu said in english (i cant help but remember english time with mingyu omf xD)

The couple left Jeonghan with the doctor. "Jeonghan, can you understand english?" He asked.

"Yes, doctor. What's wrong with me?" Jeonghan asked.

"Well, i'm gonna ask you just a few questions. Just to see if the tests were true and if not, then we'll repeat the test okay." The doctor said, looking at his clipboard. "When was the last time you had any ual ?"

Jeonghan blushed at the question. "U-Uhm...two months ago?" He remembered that night where his Dad told him about the marriage. He got so drunk and went to Seungcheol's apartment, with Jeonghan asking Seungcheol to make love to him. Jeonghan thought that it was their last time making love after what his Dad told him. 

"Right," The doctor said. "Well, I guess the test results were correct. You're about 2 months pregnant now, Mr. Yoon. Congratulations!" The doctor said, smiling. 

Jeonghan eyes widened. "What...?" 

 

He just broke up with Seungcheol and now, he's having a child with him. Jeonghan felt all sorts of feeling hitting him all at once.

 

to be continued.

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N: OMG YOU GUYS. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 2 CHAPS ONLY BUT MAYBE JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER? JUST TO FINISH THIS : 3 THANKS FOR READING!