Live

Will last forever

The tension was thick and no one bothered to say a word. Even other people in the cafe can sense the awkwardness. Wonwoo suddenly stood up and walked towards Chan. "Come on baby, we'll go get some donuts." Wonwoo said in english.

Chan pouted. "But my appa is here~" He whined as his uncle pick him up. "No, Channie. let's leave your Eomma first okay?" Wonwoo said, holding the boy tightly. Chan was trying to wiggle away from his Uncle's hold but Wonwoo took him away from his Mother already. Mingyu followed the two and walked out of the cafe with Chan whining for his 'Appa'.

Joshua looked back at Jeonghan and Seungcheol. "I'm gonna leave you two alone first to talk." He said awkwardly before following the 3 outside the cafe. Now, Jeonghan and Seungcheol were left alone but the tension is still there. Seungcheol decided to sit across Jeonghan who was looking down at his lap, avoiding Seungcheol's eyes.

"Jeonghan..." Seungcheol called out. "Jeonghan, look at me." He said.

The younger of the two refused and kept his head low. Seungcheol sighed. "I'm so confused, Han... and hurt...I don't even know what to feel. I have a lot of questions in my mind right now...Please talk to me." He begged. Jeonghan sighed and looked up nervously. After 3 painful years, Seungcheol got to look at that beautiful face of his.....ex. 

Memories of their break-up came back to Seungcheol but he shrugged it off. 

"Seungcheol I-...I- ..This is so complicated to explain." Jeonghan said,biting his lower lip.

"I'll listen. Please Jeonghan, tell me." He half-begged.

It broke Jeonghan's heart when Seungcheol begged him like that. "Okay." He answered shortly. You don't know how pressured Jeonghan was at that moment. This isn't how he planned to tell Seungcheol about their child. Jeonghan hasn't even thought of meeting Seungcheol again but well, he is in Korea and the possibilities of him bumping into his ex is high and now it happened. 

"Go on." Seungcheol urged. 

"Where should I start?" Jeonghan asked towards Seungcheol. 

"From the very start. When you left me." Seungcheol said, emphasizing the last part and of course, that affected Jeonghan. That added more guilt to what Jeonghan is feeling right now. 

"This is gonna be a long story." Jeonghan sighed. "I'm gonna tell Joshua to send Wonwoo, MIngyu and Chan to the hotel first." He said, standing up. Seungcheol looked up at him in confusion. "I'll be back." The younger added before dismissing himself. He walked out of the cafe and walked towards the parking lot where Joshua's car is parked. 

He saw the four of them eating some Krispy Kreme Glazed Donuts. Chan seems to be too focused on his donuts that he didn't even notice Jeonghan open the car door. 

"Hey Hannie Hyung! How did it go?" Mingyu asked. 

Jeonghan gave the tall boy a small smile. "It's alright. We're still gonna talk." He replied then looked at Joshua who was in the driver seat. "Josh, can you please send them to the hotel? Wonwoo has the reservation. I'll just follow you guys when we're done talking." He added then suddenly, Chan looked up at him.

"Eomma not done talking with Appa?" Chan asked in his broken korean. His mother nodded then the three-year old boy pouted. "Eomma can I say hi to Appa? I miss him." The young boy said, not getting the whole situation at all. 

Jeonghan only gave the boy an apologetic smile and reached out to caress his hair. "You'll get to say hi to Appa later, okay? But Channie needs to sleep first. He's tired from riding the Airplane right?" Jeonghan tried to reason out with his son. 

Chan nodded while still poutig. "Good boy." The older said smiling. He looked at Wonwoo, "Take care of Channie okay? I'll be there soon I just need to talk to Cheol." 

Wonwoo nodded. "I'll take care of Channie. Now, go back there. Seungcheol must be waiting." 

"You're right. Take care. Joshua, drive safely."

"Will do." 

With that, Jeonghan closed the door of the car. Wonwoo rolled down the window for Chan to wave goodbye to his Mom. 

 


 

Jeonghan went back inside to the cafe where Seungcheol was still waiting. He noticed that the table is now clean and only two cups of coffee were set there. 

"I'm back." Jeonghan announced and sat across Seungcheol. 

"Have you send them to the hotel?" 

"Nah, Joshua will do that." Jeonghan replied. "Now....to the real topic..."

"Please explain everything." Seungcheol replied quickly. He was frstrated. He's been holding himself back from raising his voice because everything is just too damn frustrating for him and the fact that Jeonghan is doing some suspense makes him wanna rip his hair off.

"Right, so you wanted to know why I left you?" Seungcheol frowned. What does Jeonghan mean? 

"You said you didn't love me anymore..." He said. 

Jeonghan sighed deeply. "Cheol, that's not exactly what happened." Jeonghan started. "I actually left you because... I had no other choice. I was set off to marry a son of one of my Dad's business partners. His name is Mingyu. Dad threatened me 2 months before I broke up with you. I-I....Cheol I don't want you to get hurt. Not at all but the thing is if don't hrt you then my Dad will. He'll do worse. Heck, he might have even kill you if I didn't listen to him." Jeonghan bit his lips to stop it from trembling. He felt like he was on the verge. all the pain he suffered just to comply with his Father's wishes are all coming back to him.

Seungcheol is not dumb. He can clearly see the tears at the said of Jeonghan's eyes. Yet, he cannot find any words to reply to Jeonghan. he was shocked. Why didn't Jeonghan tell him about this? They could've fought it together and it wouldn't end up that way.

"A few weeks before my wedding, Dad told me to meet my groom. We both told each other we don't want the wedding to happen so we...we cancelled it. Mingyu told his Mom first and at least, his Mom took it well."

"What do you mean "at least"?" Seungcheol asked.

"Yes, about that. Well, here's the whole story about it....Please, i'm gonna tell you everything. Promise me you'll listen to all my explanation first?" Jeonghan said. The older male just nodded. 

"Great, so after Mingyu told his Mom, we waited for a few weeks till we can tell my Dad about it but before we can do that, I found out that I was pregnant first. T-That baby....That baby is yours, Cheol." 

Seungcheol's eyes widened in the revelation. "So that kid earlier....the one who called me Appa...is he...is he?.." Seungcheol stuttered and Jeonghan nodded slowly.

"He's your son. His name is Chan." 

Seungcheol felt so confused yet amazed at the same time. "oh my God... I have a son. I'm a dad. F-For three years.." He looked at Jeonghan and grabbed the younger's hands, startling Jeonghan. "Why didn't you tell me?! Why didn't you call me?! How can you keep this from me huh?!" 

Jeonghan started crying as Seungcheol look at him with wide eyes. "I wanted to tell you, okay! I just- some things happened." He replied, sobbing. 

"I-I'm sorry for shouting." Seuncgheol apologized as he realized what he has done. He rubbed Jeonghan's forehand with his thumb, trying to soothe the younger. Jeonghan calmed down a little bit before he started speaking again. 

"Dad disowned me after knowing I'm pregnant with your kid. I didn't have enough money to support myself back then. I have to sell some of my things just to have enough money to afford a few months rent in an apartment. I didn't want Mingyu and Wonwoo to help me out so much so I had to work while I was pregnant. After giving birth to Chan, Mingyu offered me to be a model for a new clothing line tat they're releasing and after that, I got known as a model. I got to afford all the expenses for me and Chan and I only had time to come back here after 3 years because I know me and Chan wouldn't have to worry about money anymore." Jeonghan said the whole story. He sniffled. "I'm sorry...if I kept him from you. If I never tried to call you or anything. I thought you still hate me for leaving you. I'm so sorry..." 

Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan with eyes full of sadness. "I'm sorry, Han. You suffered so much and I wasn't by your side to take care of you and Chan."

"It's not your fault. My Dad did all of this."Jeonghan said while wiping his tears. The atmospshere became awwkard again after Jeonghan has told his full story. That was until Seungcheol spoke up.

"Jeonghan, ...by any chance....Do I get to spend time with my son?" Seungcheol asked, looking down at his hands that were previously holding Jeonghan's.

That brought a small smile to Jeonghan's lips and he nodded. "Of course, Channie has been dying to meet you." 

 


 

That afternoon, Jeonghan asked Seungcheol to take them to the hotel where they're staying at. He went up to their room with Seungcheol behind him Jeonghan looked back at the older before he opens the door. "Can you stayu here for a second? I want to surprise Channie." Jeonghan said with that cute smile that Seungcheol missed so much. He nodded to Jeonghan's request.

The younger opened the door and immediately found Chan on the floor, playing with his toys. He looked at the bed and saw Wonwoo reading a book.  Mingyu was in the other room. Jeonghan guessed that Wonwoo stayed int heir room to watch over Chan. 

Chan little boy got up and ran towards Jeonghan. "Eomma!" He cheered and glomped his Mom. Jeonghan gladly took him in his arms and carried him. 

"Hyung, how did it go?" asked Wonwoo.

"It's alright. Wonwoo can you give us a minute I need to talk to Chan." Wonwoo nodded at Jeonghan's request then he excued himself, walkng to his and Mingyu's room. Jeonghan settled Chan down on the floor. 

"Chan, sweetie, you said you wanted to meet your Appa right?" Jeonghan asked. Chan nodded eagerly. "Yes eomma!"

Jeonghan smiled and looked back at the door. "Cheol! come here." With that, Seungcheol immediately went inside. 

"Appa!" Chan ran towards Seungcheol. The older crouched down and opened his arms so he can hug the boy. He enveloped Chan in his arms. Jeonghan stood and watched the two. He can't help but smile at the moment. How wonderful is it that finally, the worry that he's been living with for three years is gone withing just one day.

 

 


A/N: Hello i'm back! omg I actually updated! My projects are almost done and so is this story : c But I might start a new one though I at writing I can't stop myself from it. It feels really satisfying to write. Lemme know what y'all think in the comments!! 

I love you all!