Play Ugly

Will last forever

It has been a few weeks ever since Jeonghan came back to Korea with his son and his friends. A few weeks after Seungcheol met his son as well. Ever since that day, Seungcheol never left Chan alone. He always stops by the hotel they're staying at to meet with his son or to take him out to bond.

Today is the day where Mingyu and Wonwoo goes back to US. Jeonghan and Chan sent them to the airport with Seungcheol who volunteered to drive them there. By the time they reached the airport, Chan was already crying. He was hugging Wonwoo for dear life. Jeonghan was trying to take his son and calm his down but Chan refused.

"Uncclleee!! Don't leave Channie!!" The child cried dramtically as they get out of the car. Wonwoo went out along with Jeonghan and Mingyu. "Shush, Channie~ You'll come back to Uncle's house this summer right? We'll still see each other." Wonwoo said calmly, rubbing the child's back. 

"I'll miss uncle!" Chan cried more. Seungcheol went out of the car as well to take Chan from Wonwoo and fortunately, the kid went to his father and clinged on him instead. Much to Jeonghan's dismay. His son seems to love his Father more now that they've met.

Mingyu went to get a cart where they can put their luggages on. He placed the bags on the cart before looking at Wonwoo. "Love, let's go?" Mingyu asked. Wonwoo nodded with a smile and went to Mingyu's side.

Jeonghan went forward to the couple while Seungcheol calms their child down.

Jeonghan gave the couple a hug. "Call me when you two get there okay?" 

Mingyu nodded and smiled, pulling away from the hug. "We will. Call us too hyung if you need anything." He said. Jeonghan smiled and nodded. "Hyung," Wonwoo called out. 

"Yes?" Jeonghan asked. 

"Do you think it's time to give Chan a complete family?" Wonwoo asked. 

Jeonghan looked at him confusedly, furrowing his eyebrows. "Huh?" Mingyu laughed and gestured towards the Father and son beside the car. Seungcheol was wiping Chan's tears, smiling gently. "Chan is really happy to be with his Dad, y'know." Mingyu said. 

Jeonghan watched the two, a smile unconciously creeping into his lips. "I know him being back to your life makes you happy as well." It was Wonwoo who spoke this time. Jeonghan turned his head towards them. "You think so?" He asked.

"Definitely." Mingyu replied. "Why don't you try getting back with him? You can't lie, we know you still love the father of Chan." He added, pouting. Jeonghan smiled sadly and sighed. "I can't deny that." He said softly, barely audible but the couple still heard what he said.

"You can do it, hyung. Be happy with your family." Wonwoo said, smiling. He patted Jeonghan's shoulder.

"We should really go now." Mingyu said. "Right," Wonwoo agreed with his husband.

Jeonghan turned back. "Seungcheol-ah. Bring Channie here." He called out. Seungcheol looked at him and nodded, picking Chan up again and carrying him towards the three. "Chan, uncle Wonu and uncle Mingyu are leaving now. Say bye bye~" Jeonghan said. Chan wiggled down from Seungcheol's arms and hugged his uncles' legs. "Bye bye, uncles! come back soon! Channie will miss  you!" He said, sounding like he's on the verge of sobbing again. 

Mingyu picked him up and hugged him tightly. "Uncle will miss you too. Be a good boy to your Eomma and Appa." He reminded. The couple kissed Chan's cheeks. The time came where the couple really had to leave. They waved goodbye to the family before entering the airport. 

Chan started sobbing again and it was Jeonghan's time to calm him down. They went back to the car. Jeonghan sitting on the passenger seat and Suengcheol driving. Chan was in Jeonghan's arms. They successfully calmed the boy down and put him to sleep as they leave the airport. 

While on their way back to the hotel, Jeongahn can't help but notice the smile plastered on Seungcheol's face. He eyed him suspiciously. 

"You look happy." Jeonghan commented. Seungcheol glanced at him, smiling more. "I do?" Jeonghan nodded at the older. Seungcheol focused back on the road, chuckling. 

"Why are you so happy?" Jeonghan asked again. "I don't know. I was just thinking of something." The older replied.

"What was it?" He asked.

"Jeonghan, do you want to move in with me?" Seungcheol asked all of a sudden, catching Jeonghan is surprise. "W-What?" Jeonghan stuttered in shock. 

"You've been staying in the hotel for too long and it would be good if you and Chan starts living with me right? For Chan's sake as well." Seungcheol explained while he steer the car. Jeonghan looked down at the sleeping child in his arms. Seungcheol has a point. Chan deserves to be with his Father especially now that they've got the chance to meet but he wasn't so sure about the two of them staying together.

"Consider it Jeonghan. I'm not asking for us to be together again. All I ask for is for us to show Chan what a complete family is like." Seungcheol added. 

"I'll think about it." Jeonghan replied.

 


 

Jeonghan thought of Seungcheol's suggestion the whole night. The next day, Seungcheol stopped by bringing breakfast. "Appa!" Chan greeted. The kid dressed in his donald duck pajamas ran towards his Father's arms. Seungcheol took him and lifted him up. Jeonghan walked towards them. "Cheol-ah, good morning." 

"Good morning, Han. I brought breakfast." He handed Jeonghan a bag with food containers. "You didn't have to." Jeonghan said,pouting.

"It's the least I can do. Fix the table already. I'll eat with you two." Seungcheol said, showing his charming smile that Jeonghan has always loved. The other male took the bag and placed them on the table. He started preparing the table and the Father and son sat on their chairs with Chan asking his Dad to take him to the playground.

"Appaaaa~ Let's go to the playground please please pleaseee?" Chan begged, pouting at his Father. Seungcheol chuckled and ruffled the boy's hair. "We will next time but we have something else planned today, Channie." Jeonghan heared Seungcheol tell their son. Jeonghan settled the food containers in front of them before staking the seat beside Chan.

"Let's eat." He said, opening Chan's food container and cutting some pancake from it to feed to Chan. "What is it Appa? Will we go somewhere?" 

Seungcheol nodded and smirked at Jeonghan, making the latter confused. "You'll be moving to Appa's house with Eomma today."

Jeonghan's eyes widened. "What?!"

 


 

Jeonghan was definitely sulking. Seungcheol just made this decision without his approval and yet, he still followed. Why? First, he can't really say no to Seungcheol. Second, Chan. Third, what kind of person would he be if he doesn't go along with his son's request? Or maybe he really wants to stay with Seungcheol as well but Jeonghan would never admit that.

Now they're all in Seungcheol's house. Jeonghan remembers how Seungcheol used to live in a small apartment but now he lives in a huge house with 2 maids that does the chores for him. Jeonghan looked around the house as they enter. Chan practically running inside already in excitement.

"Welcome to your new home." Seungcheol said happily.

As for Seungcheol, nothing can make him happier than having the two most important people of his life in his house with him. He never thought that this would actually happen despite of all the problems they had. 

"Good Morning, Cheol-ah!" A middle aged woman came out from the kitchen, smiling. "Auntie Jang! I'd like you to meet someone!" Seungcheol said. 

"Chan! Come here!" HE called out to the child and Chan immediately ran to him. Jeonghan just stood beside Seungcheol. The old woman smiled at him and Jeonghan only responded with a shy smile.

"This is my son, Choi Chan. And ...." He looked at Jeonghan before pulling him closer by the waist. "My son's mother, Jeonghan." Seungcheol said, still looking at Jeonghan who was blushing hard at Seungcheol's sudden action. Jeonghan bowed slightly, "Hello, Auntie~" He said shyly. 

Auntie Jang laughed at the cute family in front of her. "Hi Auntie! I'm Channieee!!" Chan introduced himself cheerfully. Auntie Jang looked down at him adn smiled. "Aren't you a cute one, Channie?" She said, ruffling his hair.

"Auntie, can you show Channie to his room?" Seungcheol asked. Auntie Jang nodded and took Chan's bags, leading the child to his supposed room.

The ex-couple were left downstairs in an awkward silence. "Uhm...where do I sleep?" Jeonghan asked, looking at Seungcheol who was still holding his waist. Seungcheol looked down at him. "In my room?" He said.

Jeonghan's eyes widened and he blushed madly. "What?! Don't you have other rooms here?" 

Seungcheol smirked and shook his head. "What's wrong in staying in one room?" 

Jeonghan was shocked. He thought Seungcheol was still hurt but why is he being all flirty with him like this? 

"Jeonghan, just sleep in one room with me. I won't try anything and besides, Chan would be sad if he sees his parents sleeping in different rooms." He explained. Jeonghan hates to admit but he does have a point so he has no choice but to agree. 

Seungcheol leaded him to their room. The whole idea of staying in Seungcheol's house and being in the same room with him makes Jeonghan feel so giddy inside. 

 


 

6 months later 

 

As time passed, Jeonghan and Seungcheol got their old closeness back. Jeonghan was no longer awkward with him but the thing is they're still not together. Which is a bit confusing considering the fact that they stay in one room, has a kid and act so much like a couple. Well anyway, today they're preparing for Chan's birthday. 

Jeonghan was busy with the cake, Seungcheol was busy with the decorations, Mingyu and Wonwoo came home and took Chan out to distract him and the people from the cafe were helping the maids out in preparing the food. Everything was perfect.

Some visitors arrived early. Chan's classmates from the nursery liek Yugyeom, Bambam and Lisa, their parents and some of Jeonghan and Seungcheol's friends. 

"There all done!" Jeonghan smiled as he place the decorated cake into the huge table at the center of the garden. He felt a pair of arms wrap themselves aorund his waist and he saw his ex boyfriend, smiling at him. "Is the cake done?" he asked.

Jeonghan giggled and nod. "Hmm, go get ready. You're all sweaty and Channie can arrive here any minute." He said. Seungcheol laughed. "You're right. I'm gonna go take a bath first." he said and then he kissed Jeonghan's cheek before leaving. It became a casual thing to them. Hugging, kissing, cuddling, it's fine. At first it was an act but now it became a normal thing and Jeonghan isnt even bothered by this but those who saw it were.

Soonyoung approached Jeonghan. "Honestly, you two are still not dating?!" Soonyoung asked in disbelief. Jeonghan laughed. "Yeah, we're just friends."

"Yeah right." Soonyoung rolled his eyes. Jeonghan was about to speak when his phone vibrated. He saw a message from Wonwoo saying that they're almost there.

"OKAY EVERYONE! THE BIRTHDAY BOY IS HERE! GET TO THE SIDE!" Everyone did as they were told. Jeonghan went to the table and Seungcheol who just came back from his shower ran towards the table, holding Jeonghan's waist. "I made it!" He cheered. 

"Good." Jeonghan replied, kissing Seungcheol's cheeks.

Soon, Mingyu and Wonwoo walked into the garden covering Chan's eyes. "CAN I OPEN THEM NOW?!" Chan asked. 

"NOW!" Wonwoo said and uncovered Chan's eyes.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAN!" Everyone greeted, making Chan smile from ear to ear. 

Jeonghan and Seungcheol went to their son. Seungcheol picked him up. "Happy birthday, aegi~" Jeonghan said. "HAppy birthday, Channie~" Seungcheol said then both kissed Chan's cheek at the same time. 

"Eomma and Appa did all of this?" The child asked and the couple nodded. "I love my parents!" Chan said happily. They let go of Chan so he can go to his friends.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol just stood at the side, watching everyone. Seungcheol's hand found Jeonghan's, holding it tightly an Jeonghan entwined their fingers together.

"We made him happy" Jeonghan said, contented.

"Of course we did." Seungcheol replied. "But you know what would make him happier?"

Jeonghan looked up at Seungcheol confusedly. "Trip to Disneyland?"

Seungcheol laughed. "Okay maybe that will do but my point is..." He raised Jeonghan's hand to his lips and pecked Jeonghan's forehand. "It would make him happy to see us back together."

Jeonghan blushed softly, lost in words. Seungcheol decided to speak up again. "Yoon Jeonghan, be mine again?" 

 


 

a/n: OUR LAST CHAPTER IS APPROACHING 3 MY HEART HURTS BUT ANYWAY,THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE WHO READ THIS SUPPOSED TWO SHOT OF MINE THAT TURNED INTO A WHOLE CHAPTERED STORY! 

Since the end of the story is approaching, i wanna see what you guys thinks about it! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE ! I LOVE YOU ALL!