002

Picking up the pieces

 

 

Jaeha was sitting in front of her father and his new boyfriend and she just couldn't wait to go back home. Her father had been asking her a lot of questions concerning her everyday life, about her friends, her boyfriend, and about school (she was studying Korean language at the university) and the longest answer he had so far was two words long. His boyfriend was silently listening to their conversation and all Jaeha could see was his arm curled around her father's shoulders.

 

She could have been happy for her father because in ten years, he was the first boyfriend her father was introducing her, so it meant it was pretty serious, but she couldn't be happy especially because he was the first boyfriend that her father was introducing her. If she had refused her dad to date Youngjae, she couldn't accept her father to date this rich American man who owned a company. There were no way she could be happy for them.

 

To reassure herself, Jaeha thought she would only see him once and that after this awful meal, her father and him would just go away, but her father seemed apparently happy to tell her he was coming back to Korea to settle down and live here for a while because he needed a break and wanted to go back to his true roots.

 

When he told her that, the delicious meat she had been eating suddenly became bitter and she stopped eating, leaving half of her plate full.

 

It's a great thing, right? We'll be able to spend more time together now and when we bought our house we thought of a room for you, so that you'll be able to come whenever you want. Do you still love watching movies? We'll have some movies nights like we had when you were younger and we'll go to the cinema too, it'll be fun. What do you think about that?” he smiled, the wrinkles around his eyes appearing.

 

What did she thought about that? That it was the worst idea ever!

 

I only watch movies with Yugyeom,” she mumbled.

You can make an exception for me,” he scoffed, “you spend your time with your boyfriend.”

Because he is with me all the time contrary to a certain someone,” she coldly answered.

 

She wasn't supposed to say it, she only thought about it but she didn't regret saying it either. Her father's smile faded and was replaced with a forced smile. She saw how pissed he looked but because of the people around and because of his boyfriend, he didn't want to react to harshly so he kept smiling.

 

We'll find time to hang out a bit together, I guess,” he said but his daughter saw how tensed were his shoulders. By his side, his boyfriend was drawing rounds with his thumb on his showing skin right above his collar bones and Jaeha couldn't help but glaring at him.

 

When Yugyeom sent her a message to ask if everything was alright, she answered and ignored what was her father saying. He did a remark and asked her if she could just try to look a bit interested, but she just scoffed and typed her boyfriend an answer.

 

Jae, please,” Jinyoung sighed loudly, really annoyed, “leave your phone. I'm not asking for much, just a nice meal with my daughter and my boyfriend, it's not that hard right? What's wrong with you?”

Don't know,” she coldly scoffed, “what could be wrong, huh?”

I... I don't want us to argue now, okay? So if you don't want to stay, just go. I won't hold you back. Just go with your boyfriend if he is more important.”

Alright.”

 

She stood up and put on her jacket.

 

You just stay with your boyfriend if he is more important than your daughter.”

 

She turned away and left. When she stepped out of the restaurant, she froze, the rain and the wind welcoming her and then she started headed back to her dad's place. She only did ten meters when she heard someone calling for her. She turned around and saw her father coming toward her. She rolled her eyes and waited for him to be at her level.

 

Wait-”

What do you want?” she asked.

I'm sorry, Jae. I'm really sorry, it's just that I was extremely nervous about you meeting Mark because he is really important for me but you're also very important and it's been such a long time since we haven't seen each other that it made me really nervous. I'm sorry if I said or did something you didn't like.”

 

He looked at her and waited for her answer.

 

Can I go now?” she simply said, not impressed at all by his lame speech.

Jaeha!” he seized her wrist but she pushed him away. Jinyoung may have been a star but he remained her father, she could ignored him if she wanted. “Im Jaeha!”

I'm sorry,” she said coldly, “but I have someone more important to see.”

 

She dug her hands into the pockets of her jacket and put some musics to unwind. She wasn't going to see Yugyeom, but she was just going to go back home and she would locked herself into her bedroom until her dad would ask her to go out, and she would only accept if Youngjae wasn't here.

 

When Jaeha came back home, she found her dad in the living room with his boyfriend cuddled against him. When Youngjae saw her, he pulled away from her dad.

 

Where were you?” Jaebum asked her, “whom did you meet with? Why didn't you tell me?”

I was with appa,” she mumbled.

W-what?”

He landed this morning and he wanted us to meet.”

Oh,” Jaebum nodded, “and... how is he? Why are you coming home this early?”

He bought his boyfriend with him,” that was all she said before going to her bedroom.

 

She took a shower and went directly to bed since she was mentally and physically tired.

 

*

 

Where were you?” Jaebum asked Jaeha when she finally went back home, “whom did you meet with? Why didn't you tell me?”

I was with appa,” Jaeha mumbled.

W-what?” he stuttered, taken aback.

He landed this morning and he wanted us to meet.”

Oh,” Jaebum nodded, “and... how is he? Why are you coming home this early?”

He bought his boyfriend with him,” that was all she said before going to her bedroom.

 

Jaebum watched her disappeared into her bedroom and he sighed loudly. He roughly ran a hand through his hair and he pouted like a child. Youngjae took his hands and intertwined their fingers together before slowly rubbing Jaebum's white knuckles with his thumb.

 

Do... do you think it would be better if I leave now?” he asked.

No, stay,” Jaebum kissed his forehead, “don't worry, I'll deal with her later.”

But her father could maybe-”

Don't worry, baby.”

 

Youngjae frowned but he didn't say anything because he trusted Jaebum but also because what was going on between Jaeha, Jaebum and her father Park Jinyoung was none of his business and though he knew the biggest part of their story, he didn't want to interfere.

 

I just hope he won't stay here for too long,” Jaebum admitted, “I already have hard times taking care of her when you're around, so if Jinyoung stays along with his boyfriend and he asks to see her, she's going to be even worst.”

I... I think I shouldn't stay around while you haven't settle this and-”

Jae baby,” the older man cupped his boyfriend's face and pecked his lips, “there's no way I'm letting you go away, especially right now, and I know Jaeha is going to go crazy once she'll find out but we must go through this together, alright?”

Hyung I don't want your daughter to hate me more than she already does.”

My daughter is my daughter and my boyfriend is my boyfriend, alright? I need you both into my life.”

 

Youngjae wanted to answer but before he could open his mouth, Jaebum kissed him once again.

 

I'll talk with her later.”

Will you tell her?”

I will.”

 

Jaebum's hands slowly traveled down onto Youngjae's back and then he put them on the later's round stomach. Youngjae smiled fondly as he watched his boyfriend bended down to kiss his tummy.

 

Don't worry baby,” Jaebum mumbled, “I'll talk your sister soon.”

 

Jaebum really meant it, but he knew he was about to create another big storm.

 


Hello guys ! First of all, I would like to thank all the 19 of you who subscribed to this story though there was only one chapter. I'm very very thankful ! 

Also, I'd like to thank MarkjinJckBm2JYeom and nursya_ikaa for upvoting ! And thank to you who left comments ! You guys are amazing and you really motivates me to write ! I hope you'll like the story (but please don't have high expectations, I don't want you to be too disapointed by the crappy story I'm writing ^^')

So now about the second chapters, as you can see, Jaeha is mad at her father, Mark didn' leave a good impression on her either and the other big problem is Youngjae's pregnancy. So guys, about that, for all the people who don't like mpreg please bear with with it: it's not the main subject of the story, it's just an element which I added because I wanted to find a little complicated twist between Jaeha and 2jae. But if you have any remarks or questions about that, or the story in general, please ask, I'll gladly answer you :)

Thx you guys :)

xx

Mae