006 Part two

Picking up the pieces

 

 

They were walking around the Lotte World, Jackson and Jaeha at the front while Jaebum and Youngjae were walking behind them. And while the couple was just having a great time walking and taking cute pictures, Jackson and Jaeha were going on all the possible attractions, whether they were scared or not (Jackson was more scared than her by the way). But what was the most surprising for Jaebum was that his daughter was completely ignoring him and Youngjae. She was only looking and speaking with her uncle. He understood her, since after all, his friend wasn't often coming to Korea, but he would have also liked to spend some good time with his daughter and with Jackson, but instead, they were just like strangers.

 

So when they stopped under a tree to eat and that Jaeha went away to buy ice-cream for the four of them, Jaebum selfishly felt relieved to have a moment with his best friend.

 

So,” Jackson spoke first, “when are you going to tell her?”

About what?” Jaebum asked.

About the pregnancy,” the Chinese guy pointed at Youngjae's stomach who had the sudden reflex to close his jacket. The younger boy also blushed like crazy and looked at his boyfriend to seek comfort.

How...? Did Jaeha tell you? But w-we haven't tell her yet!” Jaebum quickly stuttered.

I just guessed, I'm not stupid. It has started to show, one day she'll see something is wrong with your stomach, Youngjae.”

We're going to tell her,” Jaebum assured as he took his boyfriend's hand into his, “just... not now.”

Then when? When you'll tell her to come at the hospital to meet her sibling? She's going to hate both of you.”

She already hates me anyway,” Youngjae sadly mumbled and shrugged off.

But she's not going to love you if you keep hiding things from her,” Jackson told as if he was her father, “Jaeha hates lies, so if you want to gain her trust, don't try to lie to her and just be sincere.”

That's my daughter you're talking about,” Jaebum tsked.

And yet I'm not the one keeping secrets away from her.”

 

Jaebum opened his mouth to answer, but he just kept mum.

 

Anyway,” Jackson said in English, “Jinyoung called her yesterday. Did you know?”

No.”

He wanted to see her, but she said she had something to do.”

Well, it wasn't a lie.”

It wasn't, except from the fact that she didn't know we were coming to the Lotte World today. Do you know why she said that?”

Do you perhaps know yourself?”

Yes, because she told me,” Jackson scoffed and Jaebum rolled his eyes.

Obvious she told you,” he mumbled.

She desperately wanted to see him, but he wanted to come with his new boyfriend.”

So she refused,” Jaeha's dad understood.

She did.”

Aish... she's really stubborn! It's definitely not something she has from me! I'm not like that!”

 

Both Youngjae and Jackson titled there heads at the same time and they looked at Jaebum with a curious and surprised look.

 

Alright... maybe I'm a bit like that myself,” Jaebum concluded, “but she's definitely worst than me!”

You need to act, Jinyoung and you. You need to make her react and even if you have to force her, just force her to accept Youngjae and this Mark Tuan guy.”

How do you know-”

I've seen it on TV and magazines, a lot of people talk about them here.”

Do... do you think you could help us...?” Youngjae shyly asked.

Hey! I'm not her dad or her father! You need to do it yourselves! I'm just telling that the big child that is Im Jaeha wants both her dad and her father in her life, but she only wants them, she doesn't want anybody else with them. It's your job to make her accept that you can all be happy together and that she doesn't have to worry about being left alone.”

And I thought you were stupid...” Jaebum chuckled.

 

As an answer, Jackson simply punched him hard into the shoulder. They started arguing and people around them even started looking at them. It was only when Jaeha arrived again, with for ice-cream in her hands and a headband with Minnie Mouse's ear on her head, that they stopped.

 

What's that?” Jaebum asked, pointing at her headband.

I found it cute,” she giggled, “so I bought it.”

With whose money?”

Uncle's!” she said as she kissed Jackson's cheek. He pretended to be shy and to blush and it made her laugh even more.

 

They started talking about useless things for a while, until Jaeha asked Jackson were he was staying at.

 

Well, I don't have the money to stay at the hotel for a week,” he grimaced, “so I'll be staying at your place.”

What?!” Jaebum said, suddenly taken aback.

What?!” Jaeha asked at the same time, but positively surprised, “for real?!”

Hum,” the Chinese guy nodded.

That's so cool! Like there's no way I'm going to school! I'll just stay with you!”

There's no way you're missing school for me, princess. I'll take you there every morning if you want to but believe me you'll be going.”

But you're in Korea for a week only! Who knows when you are coming back next time? Just let me stay with you! I can go to school another day and-”

Nope,” he covered with his hand, “you're going.”

 

No matter what she said next, he ignored her. So she just gave up and silently ate her ice-cream which had already melted a bit. So when it started running down her hands, Youngjae was surprisingly the first to react. He put out tissues out of his bag and whipped her hands for her so that she could ate her ice-cream before her hands were completely covered. On their side, Jaebum and Jackson watched them interacted without saying a word.

 

Aish!” Jaeha cursed, “it's your fault!” she elbowed her uncle, “you distracted me!”

I did nothing!”

There,” Youngjae said and politely smiled, “all done.”

Thank you.”

 

The young man froze and frowned. He wanted to ask her to repeat, because he wasn't sure he had heard correctly, but instead, he looked at Jaebum who looked as surprised as him, so he guessed he had heard correctly. So automatically Youngjae's smile grew wider and his cheek's felt warmed. And when he met Jackson's gaze and when he winked at him, Youngjae felt even better. “It's been three years,” Youngjae thought, “it's been three years and it's the first time she has ever thanked me”. Obviously he couldn't be prouder. “It's Jackson's effect,” he then thought about a reason which could explained Jaeha's behavior, “it's because Jackson is here”.

 

And what about your boyfriend?” Jackson suddenly asked out of the blue, “how is he doing?”

Yugyeom?” she smiled.

 

This smile. Jaebum watched her and he almost felt jealous. He wished she could smile like she was smiling whenever it was about Yugyeom when she was talking about him.

 

Yeah, Yugyeom or whatever.”

He is fine. You should see him during the week since he often comes at home.”

You let him stay at your house?” Jackson frowned while speaking to his friend.

Yes,” Jaebum nodded.

Dude! You let a boy sleep in the same bed as your daughter? Are you crazy?” Jackson's father mode again, “you shouldn't do that! Just wait until I can see him! I will have something to say to this boy!”

Whatever,” Jaeha shook her head, “I'll just go to his place then.”

No no no! I'm not letting my baby go away! Especially not with a boy!”

Then you're not going to send me to the uni, right?” she mischievously asked, “since you don't want to let me go away.”

But you go to a women school,” Youngjae innocently said.

 

The deadly glare Jaeha sent him made him shiver and it only confirmed his previous thoughts: she was nice because Jackson was here.

 


Hello hello~ How are you? 

It's been a week, I know, and I've decided to upload one chapter a week on Sundays now, I hope it won't bother you too much and it's easier for me that way. 

So in this chapter, well, it's the following part of the part 1, and we can see more interactions between Jackson and 2jae, but also Jackson and Nao and Youngjae and Nao. About them, is it really only because Jackson is here just like Youngjae thinks ? We'll see. But what do you think about it ? Please tell me :)

Also, I saw your comments but I didn't have enough time to answer, I'm sorry, but I saw them :)

Thank you very much to the 49 of you who subscribed, it really mants a lot for me 

Thx

xx

Mae :)