009

Picking up the pieces

 

 

So, Song Joongki or Lee Junki?” Mina asked Jaeha.

Ouch... that's a hard one... hum... Song Joongki.”

Song Joongki or Yoon Siyoon?”

Oh no! You know I love both,” Jaeha tsked and ran a hand through her hair.

Just answer!” the Japanese girl wiggled her eyebrow as she expected her friend's answer.

If I were you, Jae, I wouldn't answer,” Jungkook suddenly entered their conversation, “Yugyeom doesn't like the fact that you're watching this drama all over again, so wait once he'll find out your talking about the guys you're fantasizing about.”

Hey,” she punched him in the shoulder, “don't say that... plus he won't know, if nobody tells him.”

 

She offered him a knowing smile and he nodded, though she knew she had to check on him to make sure he was saying anything to her boyfriend. Speaking of Yugyeom, the group of five were gathered at the boy's place (since his parents were living outside Seoul, he had to rent a little flat. Little yes, yet it was just enough for five people to stay in to have a nice evening watching dramas with handsome men and eating pizza and popcorn.). At the moment, the only two girls were watching Descendants of the Sun for the nth time, while Yugyeom, Jeon Jungkook and Kim Mingyu were taking care of the food in the kitchenette.

 

Song Joongki or Yoon Siyoon?” Mina asked again.

Song Joongki!” Jaeha ended up saying.

Song Joongki too,” Jungkook said in a very serious tone as he sat at Jaeha's left.

We're not asking you,” Mina told him, “let us alone. Song Joonki or... Kang Haneul?”

Joongki oppa,” Jaeha giggled.

Joongki or Seo Inguk?”

I can't answer! It's too hard! They are both really handsome and-”

Answer!” Mina urged her.

Seo Inguk!”

Seo Inguk or Park Bogum?”

Seo Inguk!” Jaeha started laughing as she felt pressured by a simple stupid question game.

I prefer Park Bogum,” Jungkook shrugged off.

Inguk oppa or Lee Jongsuk?”

Both!”

One can only choose one!”

But I can't!”

Just chose already!” Jungkook spoke.

Lee Jongsuk!”

Lee Jongsuk or Kim Woobin?” Minah mischievously grinned.

Oh come on!” Jaeha whined, “just go fu-”

Kim Woobin!” Jungkook cut her.

Woobin or Lee Minho?!”

Lee Minho!” both Jaeha and Jungkook said at the same time before she slapped him behind the head, “you're not part of the game!”

But I like to play! It's fun!”

What's fun?” Mingyu asked as he entered the living room, Yugyeom right behind him.

Woobin or Lee Minho?” Mina asked him.

Wonwoo,” he simply answered with his boyfriend's name as he sat on the armchair at the left of the sofa.

 

Mina was on the matching armchair on the other side and Yugyeom sat next to his girlfriend, at her right, with a big popcorn bowl on his lap.

 

Yah... that's so gay,” Jaeha frowned and faked a disgusted face.

Says the girl who has two fathers,” Jungkook snorted.

And that was ironical,” she tsked, “you're really stupid, you know that?”

Girl I had better grades in high school!”

I entered Ewha university!”

At least I'm studying what I want and not what my parents wanted me to do!”

What?” she straightened up and faced him, “at least my parents had the money to send me to a huge place!”

But my parents are still together!!” Jungkook argued back.

But my father is famous!!”

But mine didn't abandon me to pursue his carrier!!”

 

Yugyeom fortunately knew his best friend and his girlfriend very well and he just had enough time to grab Jaeha's hand before it hit Jungkook's face. In high school, the three of them had always been in the same class and Jungkook and Jaeha had been friends ever since they were eight years old since their parents were friends, and no matter how hard Yugyeom tried to understand what kind of relationship they had, he couldn't figure it out. Jungkook and Jaeha could act like siblings and the following second could be ready to kill each other. It was funny at time, but it was also very scary at some other times.

 

Yugyeom exchanged seat with Jaeha so that he was sitting between them to prevent another murder attempt. When he looked at his TV to see the famous scene of the soldiers doing their morning run bare-chested, he sighed.

 

Again this drama? Seriously?”

Very seriously,” Minah chuckled along with Jaeha who snuggled closer to him. Unconsciously, he put his arm around her waist to hold her close.

This drama is really good.”

It's too cliché,” Mingyu sighed, “the end is good but not transcendent either.”

You cried more than me when you watched it,” Mina said.

I wasn't crying!”

You totally were,” Jungkook made fun of his friend.

Was not!”

Jae didn't even cry,” the only other girl spoke.

That's right, not even one tear came out of my eyes.”

That's because you've been raised by two men, you've became one yourself,” Jungkook scoffed.

 

And this time, before Yugyeom could react, the popcorn he had on his lap went flying all over the sofa and carpet.

 


Hello hello~ how are you ? I'm sorry I couldn't update the story before but i was busy ^^'

So I'm coming back with this short filling chapter, which is only there to introduce Jaeha and Jungkook's relation, since they'll be appearing a lot in the coming chapters and also, this chapter is made for you to see that Jaeha is not only focused on her fathers' troubles, she also has friends and she has a lot of friends with them and she liked to talk about boys too like a lot of other girls.

And just a little thing: when Jaeha says "Yah... that's so gay" please not this is ironical! In any case Jaeha is homophobic and as Jungkook answered, she has two fathers and it would be stupid for her to be! It's not mean to be offensive!

Also thank you JongdaesAngel for upvoting this story! 

Voilà! If you have any questions, remarks comment please tell me in the comments and thank you so much to all of you who subscribed! It really means a lot to me! Promise I'll update this again on Monday! See you there!

xx

Mae