001

Picking up the pieces

Father/appa=Jinyoung

Dad/daddy=Jaebum


 

 

Want to come to my place tonight?” Yugyeom leaned forward and pressed his lips against Jaeha's.

Sorry, but I can't. My father is in town and we're eating together,” this time, she was the one leaning forward to kiss him.

Really? When did he come back? You didn't tell me.”

He landed this morning and he'll be leaving on tomorrow,” she sadly smiled.

Oh... so he is only there for a couple of hours.”

I'm glad he at least remembers he has a daughter here in Korea,” she chuckled and kissed her boyfriend's once again.

 

This time, Yugyeom deepened the kiss and Jaeha gladly answered. She really wanted to hang out with him tonight but she couldn't miss her father whom she hadn't seen for seven months now and as she had just said, he was in Korea for a few hours, she really didn't want to miss him.

 

We can hang out together another day,” she mumbled against his burning lips.

I can't realize I won't be seeing you during a whole week-end,” he panted, out of breath from the kiss they just shared, and he put his forehead against hers.

We can make it, don't worry,” Jaeha chuckled and ruffled his light brown hair, “I should go now.”

Promise you'll be fine.”

I will, I'm just going out tonight with my father and then I'll spend the week-end with my dad, what could possibly go wrong?”

You'll never know, so no matter what you do, just pay attention to yourself. I don't want to have you back on Monday ill or hurt.”

I'll be fine, Kim Yugyeom,” she pecked his lips one last time and then she stepped back.

 

Yugyeom didn't stand up from the table he had been sitting on and he sadly watched her walked toward the door of the staffroom of the coffee place he was working at. He had a fifteen minutes break and she had came to pay him a short visit. And now she was about to leave and it was making him sad. She opened the door, waved at him and blew him one last kiss before leaving.

 

As she walked away, Jaeha felt really bad since she didn't like to leave her boyfriend alone. She greeted Bambam, a Thai boy working at the same coffee place as Yugyeom and she left with a heavy heart. Outside, since it was raining, she put her hoodie over her head and quickly head back home.

 

Since her dad, Im Jaebum, was a famous and wealthy plastic surgeon who had his own private clinic in one of Seoul's most important business tower, they were living in a fancy penthouse in Seoul's downtown so she only had to walk under the rain for twenty minutes before she was already arrived. She greeted the guards at the main gates and even politely asked how their day went before she entered the building and went to the last floor.

 

I'm home,” she cheerfully said when she entered the big and luxurious flat.

 

She left her shoes with the other numerous pairs she had and she put her wet jacket on the coat-rail for it to dry. She went a bit forward into the flat and she was greeting by her dad who was reading while sitting on the sofa while his boyfriend Youngjae was right by his side while he was correcting some tests he had gave his students earlier. Her smile faded when she saw the later and she looked away.

 

Welcome back,” her dad smiled at her, ignoring the weird atmosphere that had suddenly settled into the house, “how was your day?”

Fine,” she mumbled and walked toward her bedroom.

Did you go out with Yugyeom a bit? Is that why you're coming back later than usual?”

Yeah.”

Oh, how he is doing?”

Fine.”

 

She entered her bedroom and slammed the door closed. She threw her bag next to her huge black wooden desk and jumped flat on her king size bed, her head resting into the pillow. She cursed and thought she was glad to go out and eat with her father because she wouldn't have bear to spend it locked into the flat with her dad and his stupid boyfriend.

 

It had been quite some times ever since her parents divorced. Ten years precisely. When they divorced, Jaeha was ten years old and handled it quite well since she was used to see her fathers being away from each other and away from home and she was used to have her dad taking care of her only. But three years ago, her dad with whom she had been living perfectly well though it was the two of them suddenly introduced her a boy, fourteen years younger than him and he claimed he was his boyfriend. Jaeha had hated him from the moment she had seen him and three years later, she was still hating him.

 

Her dad had asked Youngjae several times to come and live with him and Jaeha, but whenever they had tried, the girl would just go mad and would spent her time creating lame excuses to find a way to throw Youngjae out. And it had always worked since he still wasn't officially living in the house. And even though she was now twenty and was an adult, she just couldn't get over the fact that her dad was dating someone else and that this someone else was the stupid Choi Youngjae.

 

(She had heard her grand-mother telling her dad once that she had been raised as a real princess and that he could only blame himself if she was childish, pretentious and mean. The truth was that Jaeha had always hated her grand-mother too).

 

Her phone rang and she took a look at the screen to see who was calling, and when she saw 'Appa' written in big white letters, her heart missed a beat. Indeed, the thought that he was canceling their meeting at the last minute crossed her mind and she already felt disappointed even though she didn't know why he was calling.

 

Hello?” she sighed as she picked up.

Jae? It's me, appa.”

I know.”

I was calling you to ask whether you wanted me to come and pick you up tonight or if you wanted to go at the restaurant by yourself.

O-oh, that?” she said, really surprised, “well... I'll go by myself since it's not too far away from home.”

Are you sure?

Hum.”

Alright, then see you later. I'm really happy to see you, you know,” his honey-like yet tired voice echoed into her mind, “it's been a long time. Plus, I have presents for you, I hope you'll like it.

I will, don't worry about that,” she said.

Alright, alright,” he chuckled, “then... see you, Jae.

 

She nodded and hang up before sighing loudly. Her father, Park Jinyoung, was a famous actor. He had been idolized around all the country ever since he had started his carrier when he was sixteen, and through the years, he had became famous all around the world. He was spending his time shooting movies in America and Europe and he was always traveling to attend to different movie festivals all around the world. Nowadays, and for the past ten years, he wasn't coming to Korea really often and when he was coming, it was only for a matter of days. Jaeha had went through her teenage years without her father by her side and even though today their relationship had gotten better, she was a bit mad at him.

 

(And Park Jinyoung was also known and loved for another reason: indeed, he was openly gay and he had been ever since he had debuted so during his younger years, he had fought for gays' rights in Korea. He was the first gay actor who had gotten married when marriage for people of the same had became legal and Jinyoung was part of the 10% of the men population who could give birth. Indeed, he was Jaeha's father and plus, he had given birth to her. This man was really exceptional and he had done a lot of great things for the community he was belonging to.)

 

(Jaeha could have been proud of him too, if he hadn't abandoned her alone with her dad to pursue his carrier.)

 

Jaeha spent hours locked into her bedroom doing nothing and exchanging text messages with her boyfriend and when the time came, she got ready. She decided to look a bit nice and she wore a black dress with short sleeves which revealed the tattoo she had into her forearm, and she put black heels. Since it was rather cold outside because of the rain, she put on her favorite torn gray jacket. She didn't tie her long dyed light brown hair and let them flew over her shoulders and she didn't put make-up either because she didn't like it. She knew there could be potential paparazzi out there and that she could be seen, but she didn't care.

 

She told her dad she was going and he asked where, since she hadn't told him, but she didn't tell him either before leaving. She greeted the night guards at the main gates and walked alone with her hands dug into the pockets of her jacket and with her headphones into her ears. When she was anxious, she liked to listen to some music to calm down a bit.

 

In front of the place, she was surprised to see no reporters, no crazy fans or no paparazzi and she wondered if for once, they were going to have a real peaceful meeting just the two of them, away from the bothering rest of the world. When she entered, a waitress jumped on her and asked if she had a reservation but Jaeha said she was there to meet Park Jinyoung and the pretty waitress' eyes widened and she blushed. She asked her to follow her and she couldn't stop giggling on their way to her father's table. The closer they were, the more nervous Jaeha felt. She couldn't believe she was actually seeing her dad. It has been seven months for God's sake! At some points, Jaeha could have had forgotten about him!

 

And she saw him. He was nervously biting on his lower lips, a bad habit she inherited from him which they had when they were nervous and he finally saw her, he stood up and smiled. Jaeha gulped, wondering what she was supposed to do, but he walked toward her and hugged her tight against him. She answered the hug and silently listened to him whispering sweet words to her ear, “I'm so happy to see you again”, “I can't believe you're really here”, “you're even more beautiful than the last time we saw”. She stood still and mute, her feelings being a bit too strong and too confusing for her to act correctly, but suddenly, everything changed.

 

Indeed, her father stepped back and finally she noticed the tall man who had been silent since the beginning of their exchange. Her father cleared his throat and put his arm around the other's waist and Jaeha's heart missed some beats and her mind went blank as she stared at the man.

 

Jae this is... this is Mark Tuan,” her father smiled, “my boyfriend.”

I've heard a lot about you,” Mark politely smiled at her, “I'm happy to finally officially meeting you.”

 

And Jaeha thought she was sad she had accepted to go out and eat with her father because she could have spent the night locked into her dad's flat, away from all kind of troubles.

 


Here it is! the first chapter ! 

Thank you very much to all of you who subscribed, I was really surprised to see seven subscribers so thank you very much ! I hope you liked this first chapter and that you'll like the whole story

If you have any comments please feel free to leave a comment, I'd like to have your feedbacks concerning this beginning. And if you have any questions, please do ask. I'll gladly answer you.

You can subscribre, comment and upvote :)

Thx

xx

Mae