Chapter 8: Back to Normal

Love and Kpop

It took a while for things to calm down. For a while, it seemed like I was hottest’s enemy number one. The rumor mill went crazy. I was even put on probation at work. Fans thought that I made the group disband. They thought that I was dating all six members. It was even out that I was pregnant with Min Jun’s baby. JYP ended up issuing a statement on behalf of the group. The letter explained that 2pm had not disbanded. The band had re-signed contracts with JYP. It was explained that while the members enlisted, the members who were still active would release solo albums as well as act in dramas. JYP warned fans that the boys may not appear as a whole until 2020-21, as all but Nichkhun had to enlist. Nichkhun would be acting as 2pm’s ambassador, meeting with fans and making sure that fans remember that 2pm will be back. Surprisingly JYP included my role in their announcement. Explaining that I was someone the boys met and friended naturally as men and women can be friends without romance. They added that upon starting a friendship Min Jun does admire me and is looking forward to properly dating me after his service. I felt like Min Jun wanted to make sure I was reminded that he would be back and we would be together. Life settled after a few weeks and everything went back to normal for the most part. It may have been the feelings I had for Min Jun and the faith that we would be together that helped me feel secure in my life. Woo Young, Junho, and Chansung decided that my apartment was a safe house. Whenever they were out drinking or when they were just in the neighborhood they would stop by. I think they just wanted to hide from their managers and to rest. I started to get really good with Korean because the boys would come in and want to talk about things. I hadn’t heard from Nichkhun, but the boys told me he was doing pretty good. A month went by and I hadn’t heard from Min Jun. I realized two years would be difficult to get through. I was overjoyed and surprised when Nichkhun showed up at my door one day.

“Oh my god, I am so happy to see you!” I said giving him a hug.

“Really I didn’t think you would be.” He said.

“I have actually been worried about you, I said, all the other boys come over and visit but you,” I told him.

e said, “Well I had to really do some soul-searching, he said, I mean you kind of dumped me.”

“Nichkhun, I am so sorry,” I said.

“Its ok, its ok, I knew you were going to choose Min Jun, the night that Taec and Min Jun were fighting, he said, so I understand.”

I looked at him wondering what I did to clue him in on my choice.

“When the boys told us that Min Jun hadn’t come home the look on your face was that of a worried wife. And the way you ran to him along the Han River. “ Nichkhun remembered.

“And the way he acted in the car, Min Jun is a tough guy and the whole ride to the dorm that kid was practically weeping,” Nichkhun said.

My involuntary tears began to fall.

“Oh my, what’s this?” I asked wiping the tears away.

“Danielle, it's ok I miss him too,” Nichkun said grabbing my hand. As a matter of fact here you go.” Nichkhun handed me a small square box.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“Don’t know its from Min Jun.” He said. I opened it and inside was a necklace with Min Jun’s “no love” heart symbol as the charm.

“Aww,” I said. I took the necklace out of the box so that I could put it on. A piece of paper fell out of the box.

“He sent a letter,” I said.

“Here, let me help you with the necklace and so you can read that,” Nichkhun said standing up to put the necklace around my neck. As usual, Nichkhun was being a gentleman. I opened the folded paper.

 

Dear YeojaChingu (Girlfriend)-

I can call you that right? You are my girlfriend now right? Okay, may not officially. You said to come back to you when my service is over so I will call you girlfriend. Thinking of you in that way is how I can get through this time. I suppose Nichkhun has given this to you. I hope he is not mad at me. The night of the fight he seemed angry, but Khun is always a friend. He has been very supportive. The necklace…I know it symbolizes “no love”, but everyone recognizes that symbol as a part of me. I had it customized for you. As long as you wear it everyone will know you are mine. Are you wearing it? Wear it… everyone will know you are my girl! My Girl. Just these words are helping me each day. Thinking of you being mine gives me excitement and strength. I guess what I am trying to say is I am glad to have met you. Seeing a heart like yours has opened mine and I am feeling so alive now. You have helped me to get over the pain that Taec has caused. Do you know he is still not speaking to me? Shouldn’t I be the one who is angry? I don’t know. Just… please write back! I will be waiting to hear from you!

Min Jun Oppa

 

I folded the letter and put it back in the box that the necklace came in. Nichkhun had been sitting quietly watching my reaction. I was looking at the pendant of the necklace as he handed me a tissue.

 

“These tears just fall out lately,” I said, taking the tissue from him. He put his arm around my shoulder to console and out of the emotions of everything I just cried on his shoulder.

“Danielle, everything will be ok,” NIchkhun said.

“I know, it's like I am so happy and sad,” I told him.

“It's Bittersweet.” He said.

“Yes,” I laughed wiping away my tears.

“It will get better and it will be easier eventually.” He said.

“I feel like I have the group helping me deal.” I told him.

“Min Jun is our brother and that means you are our sister, and while he is away we will take care of you,” Nichkhun said.

“Thank-you Khunnie,” I said giving him a hug.