Chapter 3: The Luckiest Girl in Korea

Love and Kpop

“Teacher!! Teacher!!” The kids yelled coming into the classroom. “You and 2pm, you and 2pm.” I guess they watched entertainment news with their families. It wasn’t just the students. Teachers were whispering and giggling around me. One teacher actually bumped into me purposely. I found out she loves 2pm.

“You are the talk,” Stephanie told me when I got home.

“I know it’s ridiculous, I said, I didn’t even know these guys.”

“That is the funny part,” Stephanie said.

“Especially since nothing happened,” I said.

“Really, nothing happened?” Stephanie asked.

“Nothing happened,” I said.

“Tell me about them!” Stephanie asked getting comfortable on the couch next to me.

“Well- I started.

“Tell me about Taec.” She said excitedly.

“Oh my is he the one you like?” I asked.

She nodded with a big smile.

“Why didn’t you stay with me, then?” I asked.

“ I don’t know. I was a little messed up from the alcohol.” She said.

“Well, Taec, was kind of quiet.” I started.

“Quiet?” She said.

“Yeah, he was really laid back. We didn’t really talk at all. He kind of kept to himself.” I told her.

“Hmm.” She said. What about Nichkhun? Seems like you two hit it off.”

“Well, he spoke English,” I said. We laughed.

“I guess that does help.” She said.

“Nichkhun was sweet, I said, He was very sweet. Such a gentleman.”

“Of course the Thai Prince was a gentleman,” Stephanie said.

“Thai Prince?” I asked.

“He is Thai, by the way of California,” Stephanie told me.

“So that’s why he doesn’t look Korean and how he is so fluent in English,” I said.

“MMMhmmm.” Said Stephanie.

“Well, Nichkhun was very much prince charming,” I said.

“What about Bad Boy Jun. K?” Stephanie asked.

“Who is Jun. K? Oh yeah, you mean MinJun.

“His stage name is Jun. K, but yes MinJun.” Stephanie said. I started smiling. I couldn’t stop myself.

“Did something happen with him?” She asked noticing my smile and blushing.

“Not exactly,” I said.

“Please just spill it!” She said.

“Well, he is so y, I said, and he is such a bad boy.” 

Stephanie squealed.

“He was very flirtatious, but he was flirtatious with other girls,” I told her.

“Really.” She said.

“Yes, he had a girl at the club and brought her home,” I told her. Her eyes widened.

“And in the the morning he was really mean to her and kicked her out,” I told Stephanie.

“Oh, he sounds like a Jerk.” She said.

“Seems like it but he offered to bring me home and he protected me by letting me wear his hoodie and sunglasses, so he has a heart,” I said.

“That was nice.” She said.

 My mind kept thinking about how good-looking he was and how there was something in his eyes that held the truth about who he was.

“Ok, so who else?” Stephanie asked.

“Chansung is so adorable.” I started. Just then my phone rang. I looked at it. My eyes widened.

“It's Nichkhun,” I said.

“OMG answer it.” I was surprised to see him call. After all the trouble I caused. I answered the phone.

“Hello,” I said.

“Put it on speaker,” Stephanie whispered.

“Hello, Danielle?” Nichkhun said.

“ Hey, how are you?” I asked.

“I’m good, how are you?” He said. Stephanie was going crazy.

“I’m am alright,” I told him.

“You sure? I saw the news, I am hoping  no one really bothered you today.”

“It wasn’t horrible, but I did notice a little chattering,” I said.

“Well just let me know if it gets worse…this is the downside of the life of a celebrity,” Nichkhun said.

“Yeah well, you gotta take the good with the bad,” I said sounding corny. I had no idea what to say to this man. Stephanie laughed silently while listening. Nichkhun chuckled.

“Yeah, you do I suppose. That is a great way of looking at it.” He said. There was an awkward silence.

“So…Nichkhun started, I was wondering if you would like to visit our studio at JYP tomorrow?” I looked at Stephanie. She was wide-eyed lipping the words: “Say yes. Say yes.”

“Ummm, sure,” I told him. I didn’t want to sound that excited, but I was really going crazy.

“Ok, well I will send a driver to pick you up around 4 pm.” He said.

“Cool,” I replied.

“Alright, so text me your address and I will see you tomorrow.” He said.

“Yeah, see tomorrow!” I said. We hung up. I looked at Stephanie. Stephanie looked at me. We fell on the couch in hysterics over what had occurred.

“The luckiest girl in Korea lives with me.” She said.

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” I said.

“Yeah, right. Soon you are going to be Mrs. Thai Prince.” She said.

We were laughing with excitement until a thought came to my mind.

“Stephanie, what should I wear?” I asked. We jumped up and went through our clothes, trying to find the perfect outfit.