09 | Friendship

I Dare You

[Eunmi's POV]

 

After the B2ST members have left, I sighed in relief. It was hard not looking into Yoseob's eyes, no matter how much I had wanted too. If I had looked into his eyes, I knew I would have broken down. While I was listening to his tone of voice, I could hear sadness in it.

"Eunmi," called Jihye. I snapped out of my train of thoughts, and turned to Jihye, who was by my side. I had almost forgotten that she was there, since I was drowned in all my thoughts. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I sighed, and looked away. I faced the window, watching snow fall. There was some frost on the window, but I could still see outside. "I'm sure."

"Why? You've never lied to someone like this before." asked Jihye.

I nodded my head, before looking away from the window, and back to Jihye. Her eyes were still red and puffy from crying over me. Her hair was a bit tangled as well, but she didn't seem to mind. "I wish I had amnesia... If I did, I wouldn't be in this much pain." I placed my hand on my heart, and clenched my shirt tightly. "I told the doctor to tell everyone I had amnesia, so I could at least pretend that I don't remember them. If they think I don't remember them, then they will think I won't remember the pain they gave me as well."

"You know there going to find out later on. Secrets and lies are always found out later on." said Jihye, crossing her arms.

I nodded my head, understanding what Jihye was telling me. It was true. Secrets and lies will always be found out. I found out Yoseob's lies. And soon, they might find out mine. I'm planning for them not to find out about this lie for maybe a week or two. After a week or two, my pain will be gone. Or at least, most of it.

"What are you going to do when they find out?" asked Jihye.

I shrugged my shoulders, giving her a blank stare. "I haven't thought about it yet. When the time comes, I will."

"Eunmi, I don't think you should go through with this?" advised Jihye as she shook her head.

I gave her a confused look. "Why not?"

"This lie of yours will only cause more problems. It's best that you don't lie at all and just tell them the truth. Before it's too late."

"No," I told her flat out. "They should have told me about the dare until it was too late. Hyunseung dropped hints about it, but I was to oblivious to notice. And Yoseob should have been the one trying to tell me, not Hyunseung."

"So what is this? You're revenge on him?"

I shrugged my shoulders yet again, and turned away from Jihye. I could see that she was getting frustrated with me. But why? I thought Jihye disliked the guys more than me. If that's true, then why is she telling me not to go through with this? Shouldn't she be encouraging me? "Maybe it is... Maybe it isn't."

"Eunmi, tell them the truth. Or else I will." My eyes widened, and I faced Jihye once again. She had on a stern expression, while I had on a look of anger.

I shook my head, and began to get up from my bed. Jihye realized this, and she tried to push me back down to rest, but I wouldn't listen. I shoved Jihye's hands away, and stood up. Though my feet were trembling, and I still didn't have much energy in me, I managed to stand tall. "You're my best friend, Jihye. You can't do this."

"I can, and I will. If your going to keep up with this lie, Yoseob is going to become more hurt than he is now." said Jihye. She tried again to put me back onto the bed, but I wouldn't listen.

Why was she on his side? "Why are you on his side? Do you like him or something?"

Jihye gave me a disgusted look, and started making barfing noises. Even though we were in the middle of an argument, I couldn't help but let out a laugh. When I started laughing, that only made Jihye smile, and she too began laughing. "Please, like I would like him. But no, that's not it."

I sat back down on my bed, since it took a lot of energy to make myself stand. "Then why?"

Jihye then sat back down on her chair, crossing her legs. "It's like your reversing the positions."

"Reversing the positions?" I repeated what she said, clearly confused.

Jihye nodded, "Yeah. In the beginning, Yoseob was the liar, while you were the one who was going to be in pain. Now it's the other way around. Eunmi, your the liar, while Yoseob is going to be the one in pain. Don't be like him. Be yourself and do what's right."

Be myself and do what's right? Why does Jihye choose now to say such wise words to me? Though I didn't wanted to believe in her words, I knew they were true. I shouldn't be lying like this. It'll cause more problems. And even though Yoseob lied to me, I still loved him once. In fact, I may still love him still. I couldn't go on with this lie that is going to hurt the one I love.

I nodded my head at her, and reached for Jihye's phone. She gave me a confused look as she watched me reach for her phone, but she made no attempt to move and grab it. "Why do you want my phone?"

My hand finally reached her phone, and I quickly adjusted myself into a comfortable position. I opened up her phone, and started looking for the texting app. Jihye and I both had iPhones, and so it was easy to use her phone, since we had the same ones. "I need to text Yoseob."

"Why are you texting him? I don't have his number on my phone." asked Jihye, as she tried to take a peak at what I was typing.

"I want to tell him to come to the hospital tomorrow to visit me. Don't worry, I memorized his phone number." I explained to her as I started texting him. "Oh, and I'm going to add him as a contact on here."

"What? YUCK, NO!" yelled Jihye, but it was too late. I had already pressed the add contact button.

I shrugged at her and looking at her innocently. "Too late." Jihye sighed, and face-palmed herself.

I pushed 'send' on the phone, and listened to the sound the phone made whenever a text message is sent. I smiled feeling accomplished, and closed the phone. Handing it back to Jihye, I began getting under the covers of my bed. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but at least it was bed.

Yawning, I closed my eyes. "I'm tired."

Jihye smiled at me, and brushed back my bangs. "Go to sleep." I nodded my head, and listened to her words. Before I knew it, I had drifted off into sleep.

 

[Jihye's POV]

 

I smiled as I watched Jihye sleep. I'm glad that she is able to sleep without many worries. She has been through a lot in one day. I still can't believe that she loves Yoseob. No, Eunmi hasn't told me straight out that she loves him, but I could just tell. Whenever she is talking to me about him, her eyes are sparkling, and she has this dorky smile on her face. She was indeed in love with Yoseob.

My phone vibrated, indicating that I had a text. I opened up the message and began to read first Eunmi's text, and then Yoseob's.

To: Yang Yoseob

Hello Yoseob. ^^ It's me, Eunmi. I'm using Jihye's phone at the moment. I was wondering if you would come visit me at tomorrow. I know I told you to get out, and I apologize for being mean. Please come. ^^

 

From: Yang Yoseob

Eunmi? You remember me?

I rolled my eyes at Yoseob's text, but then started texting him back.

To: Yang Yoseob

No duh she remembers you. So are you coming or not?

 

From: Yang Yoseob

Yes, I'm coming Jihye.

 

To: Yang Yoseob

How did you know it was me?

 

From: Yang Yoseob

Eunmi's texts are always sweet and kind. Yours are cruel.

 

To: Yang Yoseob

Ouch. That a way to treat someone who is helping your relationship with Eunmi?

 

From: Yang Yoseob

OK, sorry Jihye. Thanks! (:

 

To: Yang Yoseob

You better be. Now stop texting me, you're annoying.

 

From: Yang Yoseob

WAIT! Where's Eunmi?

 

To: Yang Yoseob

She's sleeping... AND DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO STOP TEXTING ME!

 

From: Yang Yoseob

OK, OK, sorry... Bye~ (:

 

To: Yang Yoseob

-_-

Our small chat ended there, and I put down my phone with a smile. I looked back up at Eunmi to see her sleeping peacefully. Getting up from my chair, I smiled down at her. I flicked her forehead, making her groan in pain. But she didn't wake up. I let out a small laugh and began to make my way out the door.

"Sweet dreams, Eunmi." I said to her sleeping figure before leaving. I'm glad that our little argument didn't last long. That's what I call friendship.

 

[Yoseob's POV]

 

I smiled at my phone, before putting it down. I was at home, with B2ST with me. They were quiet, which was strange. When they saw me put down my phone with a smile, they exchanged confused looks.

"Who were you talking to?" asked Dongwoon.

"Jihye." I answered him.

"Jihye?" asked Kikwang, repeating what I had just said. I nodded my head. "Aren't you supposed to be smiling whenever Eunmi texts you, and not Jihye?"

"Well, at first... I was texting Eunmi, and she told me to visit her tomorrow. I was surprised she was texting me, and asked if she remembered me. Jihye then started texting me, and told me she was sleeping. I'm just glad that Eunmi is able to sleep, even though many things happened today."  I explained to them, and then they all nodded there heads in understanding.

"Yoseob," called Doojoon. I looked at him, motioning him to go on. "I'm sorry."

Junhyung nodded his head, agreeing with Doojoon. "Me too, man."

"I'm sorry, hyung..." apologized Dongwoon, looking down.

I smiled at the three of them, and patted Dongwoon's head. He looked up and smiled at me. "It's fine."

"Ahem," said Hyunseung, clearing his throat. "Anything you three want to say to Kikwang and I?"

The three of them exchanged glances with each other, before shaking there heads. They let out a laugh, and then I to laughed along with them. Hyunseung and Kikwang began laughing as well.

We were all now a happy family. We were finally laughing with each other. Finally smiling with each other. This is the friendship I missed, and the friendship I now have back.


Author's Note: Here is chapter 9! xSeobSarangx, you are right! Eunmi did lie about having amnesia! Anyway... Please comment and subscribe!

 

~ FlyingHigh