04 | Day 03

I Dare You

[Eunmi's POV]

 

I heaved a sigh as I closed my locker. Jihye got a cold last night, and so she couldn't make it to school today. That left me alone, but at least I had Yoseob oppa by my side. Maybe I could sit with him? I've never really spent time with him, so I could start today.

"Oh, look who it is." I turned around to become face-to-face with two girls. Both girls had long black hair, both glaring at me. They could almost pass for twins.

Who were they? They seemed vaguely familiar. "Who are you?"

One of them scoffed, while twirling her hair. "You don't know who we are?" Of course I don't know who you are. If I did, I wouldn't have asked.

"Were the Queenka's of this school. And we couldn't help but notice that Yoseob oppa went to your table yesterday." The other said, taking a step forward. Yoseob oppa? So this is what it was about. Both of these girls like Yoseob, and didn't want me hanging around him. They were jealous, which is a first for me. No one has ever been jealous of me.

I nodded, "Yes. Yes he did. And nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand, waiting for one of them to shake it. One of the girls reached out her arms, and I was assuming that she was going to shake it. But I was wrong. She slapped it away, scowling. "Ow..."

"I can't believe I just touched your filthy hands!" She yelled, throwing her hands up in the air. 

The other girl backed away from here, "Don't get close to me. I don't want nerd germs." With that being said, both of them laughed out loud. Nerd germs? I wasn't a nerd, and I certainly do not have germs.

I wanted to yell at them. I wanted to do something, but... I couldn't. My mouth opened, but no words came out. Whenever things like this would happen, Jihye would always be here to have my back. This time she wasn't here. And this time, I was alone. Nobody has my back.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" I closed my mouth, feeling embarrassed for leaving it open like that. The both of them, once again, laughed.

"What's going on here?" The three of us turned our heads to see Yoseob. My eyes widened in surprise, and so did the other two girls.

One of them flashed a flirtatious smile at him, "Oh nothing oppa~ Just teaching a girl a lesson." The other girl nodded in agreement, and glared at me.

Yosoeb raised his eyebrow, crossing his arms. "Oh really? Looks like bullying to me."

"Bullying? I like to call it teaching, oppa." She said.

Yoseob shook his head, "Please leave."

"But oppa~" Both of them whined, stomping them foot, all at the same time. Woah, maybe they are twins.

"Please."

"But-"

Yoseob clenched his fists, giving them a look. "I said please." Frightened, both girls ran away. I watched as there figures disappeared. Who would of knew that the Yang Yoseob had a bad side. Yoseob sighed, and walked towards me. Putting his hands on my shoulders, he looked me in the eyes. "Are you alright?"

I nodded, "Yeah... Thanks."

"That's good." Yoseob patted my head, smiling. I gave him a small smile, looking away from his eyes. "Hey, let's go eat." He pointed his finger towards the cafeteria doors.

I shook my head, "I don't eat. I'll go in, but I won't eat."

"Why not? Your so skinny!" He said, examining my body. It felt slightly uncomfortable, and I used my arms to cover part of myself. Yoseob just laughed at my actions. Yoseob and Jihye both said the same thing, calling me skinny. I didn't think I was that skinny. Sure, I should put some more meat into my bones, but I wasn't very skinny. Those two so-called Queenka's were skinny. They almost resembled twin sticks!

Yoseob grabbed my arm, leading us towards the cafeteria. I tried pulling away from his grasp, but it was no use. The reason those two Queenka's came to me today was because I was with Yoseob. He was just going to make it worse by dragging me along like this, where everyone can see me.

When we walked in the cafeteria, all eyes were on us. Most of the looks people gave us... Well, me... Were glares. The girls stared in envy and jealousy, wanting to switch places with me. Yoseob was leading me to his table, where B2ST sat.

"Yoseob," I called out his name. He turned his head around, and stopped walking. "What if they don't like me?"

"Who? B2ST?" He asked me, pointing to his friends. I nodded silently, looking down at my feet. "Of course they will like you. What's not to like?" I blushed when he said those comforting words. It made me feel special. In fact, I always feel special when I am around him. Yoseob... I'm beginning to slowly fall in love with you.

 

[Yoseob's POV]

 

Right when I said those words to cheer Eunmi up, I immediately regretted it. I turned around, and began dragging her to B2ST's table. I shouldn't have said those words. I can't make her fall in love with me. It'll just end up being even more painful in the end.

When we arrived at the table, the guys all looked up from what they were doing. Hyunseung merely rolled his eyes, and went back to eating his food. He was clearly still mad. Kikwang looked away, not wanting to meet the eyes of Eunmi. He still felt guilty. Doojoon and Junhyung exchanged glances with each other, and smirked. Dongwoon smiled at her.

"Well, well, well... Look at this happy couple." said Doojoon. He got up from his seat, putting both his arms around our shoulders. I could see Eunmi stiffen from his sudden skin contact with her, and she looked at me for help. I nodded at her, and pulled myself out of Doojoon's grasp. He gave me a confused look as I tore him away from Eunmi.

I gave him a sheepish smile, "It feels weird when you touch my girl... Girlfriend."

Junhyung whistled, "Someone's already starting to get possessive." I nodded in response, scratching the back of my head.

Pulling Eunmi to my side, I took a seat beside Junhyung. On one side was: Doojoon, Junhyung, Me, and Eunmi. On the other side was: Dongwoon, Hyunseung, and Kikwang.

"So... This is Eunmi, my girlfriend." I told them, introducing Eunmi to everyone. Eunmi gave them a silent wave, and small smile.

Doojoon nodded, "I'm Doojoon."

"Junhyung." said Junhyung, nodding his head at her.

Dongwoon gave her a gentle smile, "I"m Dongwoon, the maknae!"

"You... You know me already. Uh... Sorry." mumbled Kikwang, not looking Eunmi straight in the eyes.

"Hyunseung." Hyunseung introuced himself, staring at her. "And I suggest you end this relationship with each other soon. Or else you will get hurt."

Shoot. I looked Hyunseung, wanting to ask him why he was saying all these things. But he wouldn't look at me. He kept his eyes on Eunmi, who looked a bit shocked at what Hyunseung told her. Junhyung shot Hyunseung a warning glare, but was ignored.

Doojoon stood up from his chair, "Yah, Hyunseung shut up."

"Make me." said Hyunseung, glaring at him.

Doojoon was about to march over to where Hyunseung was, but was held back by the maknae, Dongwoon. I could tell that he was having trouble on keeping him still. I nudged Junhyung with my elbow, wanting to make him do something.

"I'm not doing anything. He's a traitor, and needs to be dealt with." said Junhyung, amused by the scene in front of him.

"Eunmi," Hyunseung called Eunmi's name. Slowly, she lifted her head up, meeting Hyunseung's gaze. "If you don't want to deal with all the pain that is going to happen in the end. Break up with Yoseob before it's to late."

 

[Eunmi's POV]

 

"If you don't want to deal with all the pain that is going to happen in the end. Break up with Yoseob before it's to late." Those were the last words Hyunseung said to me, before I made my way out of the cafeteria. I was confused.

Hyunseung was one of Yoseob's best friends. And as a best friend, I thought he would be supporting Yoseob and I's relationship. So why isn't he? Was I not good enough? Or was it something else. Maybe it had nothing to do with me, and it was Yoseob. I know something is going on with those guys, but I don't know what. Hyunseung was warning me about Yoseob. What pain is going to come with me? Should I even believe any words he says?

Yoseob didn't look comfortable at all. When Hyunseung was warning me, I could see Yoseob stiffen from the corner of my eyes. That was then I knew they were all hiding something from me. And I wanted to find out. The ones who might tell me were Hyunseung, Kikwang, and maybe Yoseob.

Kikwang still feels guilty for tripping me. I could just tell him that I will forgive him for tripping me if he helps me with this. Even though I've said a million times that I forgave him, he won't listen. This time, it might work.

Hyunseung wants to tell me something, and was trying to hint something at me. All I know is, is that he wants me to break up with Yoseob. If I don't, I will be in a lot of pain. What kind of pain though? Physical? Emotional? What?

Yoseob... If I ask him, it's going to make him uncomfortable. He doesn't want me to know whatever is going on between them. If I try and ask him about it, he might just switch the subject. My best chances on knowing what's going on is by Hyunseung and Kikwang. I will talk to Kikwang first, since I find Hyunseung a bit intimidating.

Those negative feelings were coming again. And Hyunseung's words just made it worse.

What was the pain? Maybe it was about the girls who like Yoseob. They might hurt me physically and verbally. The Queenka's have done it already, and I'm sure this is not the last time I'm going to see them. This may be the pain Hyunseung means, but there is still something else... What if the source of the pain that's going to come to me is Yoseob? The only pain Yoseob could bring to me was cheating on me or breaking up with me, at the moment.  What if Yoseob is the one who will bring me pain?


Author's Note: Here is chapter 4. Eunmi is slowly beginning to fall in love, and is becoming suspicious once again. Anybody have any ideas on how to get out of a presentation? So I won't have to do it? Please comment and subscribe!

 

~ FlyingHigh