08 | Stupid Dare

I Dare You

[Yoseob's POV]

 

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. The B2ST members and I, along with Jihye, were at the hospital. Jihye was sobbing uncontrollably, while both Hyunseung and Kikwang try to comfort her. Whenever they would try, she would just shove them away. Doojoon was tapping his foot impatiently, head hung low, and I knew he was feeling guilty. All of us were.

While we were arguing, we heard a frightening scream. It was Jihye. The screamed stopped us from arguing, and so we ran to the source of the noise. The noise was coming from the front of the school, and so we went there. When we arrived, I saw Jihye running. Looking beyond her, I spotted Eunmi walking. It seemed like she wasn't aware of any of her surroundings, because a car was coming her way. Jihye was running as fast as she could to get to Eunmi, but she was still to far. She screamed for her to get out of the way, and then I found myself doing the same.

I had to watch Eunmi get hit. Even if I tried to run after her, I wouldn't make it. All I could do was watch her get hit by the car. I felt my heart drop right when the car hit her. When her body hit the ground, that was then I began to run to her. The rest of the members followed me, silent. When we arrived at her side, Eunmi was being held in Jihye's arm. Jihye was already crying, and fumbling with her phone. She was trying to get help, but was shaking to much to do so. Seeing that she was having a hard time pressing the numbers, Kikwang snatched the phone from her, and quickly dialed the ambulance.

I clenched my fists as I remembered what happened. Jihye had told us that she knew about the dare, and so I couldn't help but think that it was my fault. No, not think... Know that it was my fault. Dongwoon put a hand on my shoulder, giving me a small smile. I smiled back at him, but it was forced.

The light for the emergency room went off. I quickly stood to my feet, and everyone else did the same. A doctor, who seemed like he was in his thirties came out. He was writing down something on a clipboard. When he finally looked up, he gave us a sad smile.

"Please tell me that Eunmi is OK." begged Jihye, wiping her tears away.

The doctor nodded at her, and glanced down at his clipboard. "You guys are all here for Nam Eunmi, correct?" We all nodded our heads. "Eunmi is recovering, and should be out of here by next week. She is going to be OK." We all sighed in relief. I put my hand on my heart, calming down. She was OK. "But..." But? But what?

As if Hyunseung read my mind, he asked the question I was about to ask. "But what?"

The doctor sighed, scratching the back of his head. He looked away from our eyes, and down back at the clipboard. "Eunmi has amnesia. She doesn't remember how she got into a car accident. There may be more things she doesn't remember, but for now... That is all we know."

"D-Do you think she remembers us? Or me?" asked Jihye, her voice trembling in fear.

"Are you Kim Jihye?" The doctor asked her. Jihye nodded. "Then yes, Eunmi does remember you. Though I am not sure about you guys." He looked at us, indicating that he was talking to us. "You'll have to ask her yourself. Now, I must be off to the next patient. Oh, and Jihye?"

"Yes?"

"Eunmi is asking for you. You should go see her right now." The doctor informed her.

Jihye nodded, and bowed. The rest of us bowed as well. "Thank you doctor." The doctor then left to go to his other patients, leaving us alone. Jihye put her hand on her chest, and smiled. When she turned to look at us, her smile faltered. Turning into a frown. "You guys can go now."

I shook my head, "No, I want to see Eunmi before I leave."

"Why?" She asked me, crossing her arms.

"I want to make sure she is actually OK. I'm her boyfriend, aren't I?"

Jihye scoffed at me, rolling her eyes. "Boyfriend? You? Last time I checked, you only dated Eunmi because of a stupid dare. Consider you guys now over, and your dare not complete, since the dare was supposed to be over tomorrow." With that being said, Jihye walked into Eunmi's room without looking back.

Junhyung muttered curse words under his breath, while glaring at Jihye walking away. "She needs an attitude check."

"Don't blame her," said Hyunseung. "She still hates us for the dare." He then smirked, crossing his arms. "Feeling guilty yet?"

Doojoon sighed deeply, looking down at the ground. "Maybe..."

"Good, now leave. I'm sure Eunmi doesn't want to see you guys." said Hyunseung, gesturing towards the exit door.

"What makes you think she wants to see you?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "I did warn her about you, Yoseob. I told her that she was just going to be heartbroken in the end. Look at everything that's happened because of this stupid dare. Eunmi was not only hurt emotionally, but also physically. And since you are the cause of it all, I think it's best if you leave. In fact, it's best for you all to leave."

Hyunseung's words hit me hard. No matter how much I didn't want to believe them, I knew they were all true. Everything. She was hurt both emotionally and physically because of me. This is all my fault.

"Hey," Eunmi's door opened, and then popped out Jihye's head. "Come in."

"Why? Weren't you the one who wanted us to leave?" asked Junhyung.

Jihye scoffed, "Whatever. Now hurry up and come in before I change my mind."

We all entered the room silently. I was the first one to go in. When I saw Eunmi laying in bed, pale and wrapped in gauze, I felt even guiltier. She looked so weak and fragile. Her eyes widened as she saw us come in, and her eyes went to Jihye.

"W-Who are they?" asked Eunmi to Jihye.

My eyes widened, and I took a step back. Kikwang gasps in surprise, while the other members were all in shock as well. Eunmi didn't remember us. The doctor had told us beforehand that she had amnesia, and that there were still some things she wouldn't remember, but he didn't tell us specifically what she wouldn't remember.

I walked to her side, putting my hand on her shoulder. She flinched at my touch, making me pull my hand away. Eunmi moved an inch farther from me, not once looking me in the eyes. "You don't remember me?"

Eunmi hesitantly shook her head, "I'm sorry, but I don't..."

"Look at me." I told her, but she didn't. "Look at me, Eunmi. Maybe then you will remember."

"I don't remember you. Now please go."

I gave her a disappointed look, and backed away from her. "OK... If that's what you want." I did what she told me to do. I began making my way out the door, and looked back one more time. Eunmi was now looking at me, but... With a hint of sadness in her eyes. When I walked out the door, B2ST followed me out as well. They said 'goodbye' to Eunmi, but I didn't hear her reply.

While I was walking to the exits, I felt myself stumbling. My vision was getting blurry, and I knew very well why. A small tear escaped my eyes, but I continued to walk away. I didn't want to let anyone see my tears. Shielding my eyes with my hair, I began to walk faster. My walking began to turn into running, and before I knew it. I was running out the door in tears.

"YOSEOB!" Doojoon called out to me. I didn't answer. I didn't turn back. I kept on running. Eunmi didn't remember me. She didn't want to look at me. This was all because of a stupid dare.


Author's Note: Here is chapter 8. Sorry for the wait everyone. Please comment and subscribe. xD Amnesia always happens in stories, don't they? AHAHAHAHAH. Sorry if this chapter is short.

 

 

I listened to this song as I was writing this story. I absolutely love this song and video. MBLAQ! <3

 

~ FlyingHigh