07 | Day 06

I Dare You

[Eunmi's POV]

 

As I entered the school buildings, I could feel myself being watched. Not only I could feel it; I could also see it. On my left, right, behind, and front... They were all staring at me. My guess on the reason why they are staring is because of Yoseob. I'm sure many people witnessed our kissing scene in the cafeteria, and the news probably spread like wildfire. I was aware that something like this would happen.

"Isn't she the girl who kissed Yoseob oppa?" Someone on the left side whispered, or at least tried to whisper. And they should get their facts straight. I wasn't the one who kissed Yoseob, he kissed me. Did I kiss back? No I didn't, due to shock and surprise.

Another one nodded, "Yeah, that's her. But why her? I see nothing special about her." I clenched my fists, not wanting to start yelling at them. Usually, I would be the one to not cause a fight or an argument, and would try to stay out of them. Today, I'm feeling different. I feel the need to lash out at them, telling them that I wasn't the one who initiated the kiss. And that I didn't like it.

"You two," a familiar voice behind me said. I turned around to see Jihye glaring at the two people who were talking about me. They flinched from Jihye's hard, cold glare. "Shut up." Both of them nodded there heads, afraid. Jihye smirked at them, before turning to me. Her smirk turning into a smile. "Hey Eunmi!" She pulled me into a small hug, before letting go. 

I smiled at her, glad that she showed up when she did. If she didn't show up any time sooner, I would have cracked. "Hi Jihye. Did I miss anything yesterday?"

"Nope, just a bunch of gossiping." said Jihye, shrugging. She then turned around to glare at the students behind us, causing them to walk away. "No need to worry about any academic stuff. You'll be able to catch up."

I nodded, knowing fully well that all the gossiping was about Yoseob and I. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Yoseob yet. Or any of the B2ST members. "Jihye, let's go to the usual spot. Class doesn't start until later."

Jihye agreed and we both made our way outside of the school building. Heading to our hang out spot, we spotted 6 figures. I frowned upon seeing people there. Jihye and I didn't own this spot, but we usually came her everyday. Every time we came, there was nobody there. Why now?

Jihye pushed me behind a pillar, but not hard enough to hurt me. I was about to ask her why she pushed me, but she held up a finger to , signaling me to be quiet. Not knowing what else to do, I nodded my head. We both then turned our attentions to the 6 figures. They looked very familiar.

That was then I realized... It was B2ST.

"What are they doing here?" I asked Jihye. Jihye shrugged, not taking her eyes off them.

It seemed like that were having a fight. Doojoon and Junhyung were glaring at both Kikwang and Hyunseung. Hyunseung glared back, while Kikwang looked away from there gazes. Dongwoon and Yoseob were just watching them, not knowing what to do. Jihye tugged my arm, making us get closer to them. I didn't want to get any closer, but it seemed like my feet wouldn't obey me.

"You can't do that!" yelled a frustrated Doojoon, throwing his hands up in the air.

Hyunseung shrugged, "I can and I will."

"You won't tell," said Junhyung, taking a step closer towards Hyunseung. Hyunseung merely raised his eyebrows at him, crossing his arms. "Because we won't let you."

"You think you guys can stop me?" asked Hyunsung. Junhyung smirked at him, while Doojoon glared. Kikwang began searching around the area, until his eyes found us. My eyes widened, and so did his. Jihye gripped on to my arm. He then turned away, and tapped Hyunseung on the shoulder. They started whispering something to each other, ticking Junhyung and Doojoon off.

Junhyung shoved the both of them away from each other, "Quit whispering!" I flinched at the tone of Junhyung's voice. I had always found Junhyung the scariest of the group. Doojoon took up second place.

"I'm going to tell her." said Hyunseung. "She deserves to know the truth. I'm not going to stand by and let her heartbreak."

Doojoon glared at him, crossing his arms. "Hyunseung, don't do this." Hyunseung just shrugged, which made Doojoon mad even more. Like a bull, he started charging towards Hyunseung. He outstretched his arms, reaching for Hyunseung's neck. Before he could even touch it, Hyunseung quickly tackled Doojoon to the ground.

"W-We have to stop them!" I yelled, getting ready to run out. Jihye stopped me by holding onto my wrist. Since she was stronger than me, she easily pulled me back. "Jihye, we have to!"

Jihye shook her head, not letting go of my wrist. "Stay out of it, Eunmi." I was about to argue with her, but then stopped myself. What could I do? I wasn't strong like Jihye, so there was no way I could break up the fight. Feeling helpless, all I can do was watch the fight from afar.

"Stop it!" Kikwang shouted, trying to break away the two. Hyunseung was on top of Doojoon, trying to punch him in the face. Doojoon kept on dodging the punches, and then he got a hold of one of them. Hyunseung then used his other free arm to take a swing at him, but Doojoon grabbed it with his other arm. Flipping Hyunseung over, so that he was on top of him, making him have an advantage.

Yoseob couldn't stand watching it anymore, so he then pulled Doojoon away from Hyunseung with all his strength. Dongwoon decided to help him out, so he grabbed a hold of Doojoon as well. Hyunseung began to get back up, ready to charge at Doojoon once again. Before he even could, Kikwang ran in his way, blocking him from approaching Doojoon. Junhyung just stood there silently, watching the scene in front of him.

I didn't notice until now that I was holding in my breath. Letting it out slowly, I took a quick glance at Jihye. She was watching the scene intently. I then turned my attention back to them, looking at everyone's expressions. Junhyung had on a blank face. Doojoon and Hyunseung's expressions were covered in angry. Yoseob and Dongwoon were looking at the two worriedly. Kikwang was turned away from me, and so I couldn't see his face. He was, again, whispering something to Hyunseung.

Hyunseung turned around, and spotted Jihye and I. He smirked at us, before turning back to the others. "Call off the dare." Dare? What dare were they talking about? Jihye, who was beside me, stiffened. I gave her a worried look, putting my hand on her shoulder. She gave me an apologetic look, making me confused. "Eunmi is a nice girl. She shouldn't be getting hurt because of us."

"The dare is almost over anyway. Tomorrow is the day Yoseob will complete the dare." said Junhyung in an un-caring tone. 

Yoseob sighed, "I don't want to do this dare either Hyunseung. But I can't just give up on it when I'm this far."

Doojoon smiled at Yoseob, and slung his arm around his folders. He then glared at Hyuneung. "Unlike you, Yoseob knows what will happen if he ever disobeys us. Especially me."

"You are all pathetic. Daring each other on stupid things. I'll admit, I was like you guys. But now, I've changed." Hyunseung glared at each and every one of them, besides Kikwang. "Yoseob, you are the lowest one of them of all. You had the choice to not do the dare. And you didn't. You went through with it."

"I only did it because I don't want to lose my friendship with you guys!" yelled Yoseob.

"You may lose Doojoon, Junhyung, and maybe Dongwoon. But you wouldn't have lost Kikwang and I."

Yoseob shook his head, "It wouldn't be the same..."

"Kikwang and I didn't agree with the dare, and were fine without them." Hyunseung made his tone sound disgusted when he said 'them'. "You guys are heartless. Daring Yoseob to date Eunmi and then break her heart."

My eyes widened in shock. The dare... It was about me. They made a dare to have Yoseob date me? And then to dump me later on? Jihye put her hand on my shoulder, giving me a sympathetic look. I shrugged it off, not taking my eyes off of them. I felt disgusted. Disgusted with them for keeping this away from me. Disgusted from Yoseob playing with me.

"Eunmi, I'm sorry..." apologized Jihye, rubbing my back.

I shook my head, "It's OK... It's not your fault. It's there's." Glaring at Yoseob, I then glared at the rest of them. Even though Kikwang and Hyunseung were trying to protect me from finding out the devastating truth, I couldn't help but be mad at them. If they really wanted to protect me, they would have told me the truth. "How long?"

"How long? Well... The dare was supposed to last for a week, but now that you know the truth..." Her voice trailed off.

I shook my head, turning to Jihye. "I'm not talking about the day. I'm asking you how long you knew, Jihye."

"Me?" she asked me. I nodded my head. "Since day four... Eunmi, I only wanted to protect you!"

"Protect me? Protect me from the truth? Oh yeah, like that helps." I laughed sarcastically. "If you really wanted to protect me, you should have came to me and told me the truth."

"I was going to tell you the truth today! I was going to tell you yesterday, but you didn't come to school. And I didn't want to explain this over the phone." explained Jihye, holding on to my shoulders.

I sighed, and placed Jihye's hands back to her side. Smiling at her, I patted her head. I was grateful that she wanted to tell me the truth. "Thanks Jihye. That made me feel a bit better, knowing that you were going to tell me the truth. I'm going to go now. OK?"

"Where?" asked Jihye.

"Home. I don't feel like being in classes right now, knowing that... He is there." I told her. Jihye nodded understanding. "Bye!"

Jihye gave me a small smile, before waving goodbye. She then turned around, glaring at B2ST. I laughed a bit at her actions. I wouldn't mind if she went up to them and yelled at them. If there was any violence involve, with Jihye being the one to hurt them, I wouldn't mind. They all deserve it. Maybe not Hyunseung and Kikwang, but the rest of them do. Especially Yoseob.

When I was at the front of the school, I noticed that it was empty. The bell must have rang when Jihye and I were watching B2ST fight each other. Walking out the school gates, and out of school territory, not paying to anything around me.

Yoseob... The guy I loved. The guy I thought who actually liked me. I felt special when he asked me out. I considered myself to be the happiest girl alive. He treated me nice, and he even loved me. I was a fool to believe all his words. I knew who he was, yet... I just couldn't bring myself to accept that one fact that was true. If I had accepted that fact, I wouldn't be in this much heartbreak. All this heartbreak is because of him and his friends. I had a feeling this was all a lie, but I just didn't want to accept it.

Honk! Honk! I stopped walking, and turned to my right, where the source of the noise was coming from. Everything went so fast. I was blinded by lights, and shielded my eyes. It seemed like everything went in slow motion. The car in front of me was speeding towards me, and I couldn't do anything. My feet were planted on the ground. My feet wouldn't move; I was frozen.

"EUNMI!"

"EUNMI, GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

The car hit my body with a loud thud. I heard the car try to stop by stepping on the breaks, but it was too late. I had already been hit. My eyes were closed as my head hit the cars front window. The window cracked, and my body rolled over the car and onto the ground. I didn't know what else happened next. My vision went blank, and I could hear many voices coming my way. But only one voice stood out.

"EUNMI!"


Author's Note: Here is chapter 7. I'm still worried about the whole presenting thing... I apologize if I'm sounding pretty pathetic over it right now. Anyway... Please comment and subscribe!

 

~ FlyingHigh