Chapter Three: Rin Secrets are out

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rin sat on the stool by the counter in Irene’s kitchen nervously. Why was she nervous because for one, Irene was too quiet and two her secret was out.

Irene had gone to look for Rin when the girl was late for their fourth dinner. She thought maybe Rin lost her way and got worried when the girl wasn’t picking up her phone.

To Rin’s misfortune, Irene just had to come on the right time when Rin shot what look like a lightning spear into what look like to Irene were zombies.

Rin turn to see Irene standing watching her and lest to say Rin’s jaw hit the ground. Never in all her years had anyone seen her use her sorcery but now one did and it just had to be Irene.

Rin cursed her master Big Hat Logan for saying ‘Humans will never see this for all they think you are throwing a rock.’ A rock my sweet . Was what Rin thought.

“I’m adding carrots in. You’re not allergic to it right?” Rin heard Irene ask, startling her, “n-no! I can eat everything.”

Rin facepalm herself for shuttering. Never had she shutter. Rin had the gift to smooth talk her way out of anything. Hell! Even Patches had nothing on her! And now here she is. Sitting still like a child in trouble. Her! Rin who none can out prank! Who are you exactly Irene Bae! Answer me this!

While Irene let the stew boil. She had cook it early this morning for tonight. She turn and gave Rin a stern look which made the poor girl jump on her sit.

“So what was that lightning thing you threw out of your hands?” Irene asked plainly,

Now this was scary. Never. And I mean never! Had Rin been this afraid before. Not even when she faced those damn dragons, gods, demons, not even that damn molten lava came close to this!

Help! Save me! Somebody! Rin was so close to using her miracle that allowed her to teleport home where she could hide behind Kith. But now that she thought about it Irene did look hot when she was angry but kept it in. Gawd damn it Rin!

“I-it’s a soul spear. Not lightning. I have sorcery that allows me to use soul magic as a weapon.” Rin tried to explain as calmly as she could but boy were her knees knocking.

Irene nodded, “So you’re a sorcerer? Like magic and all?”

Rin nodded,

“So is it just you or are the rest like you too?” Irene leaned on the counter using her elbows.

Damn that looked y! Rin had to mentally slap herself to stay focus. “Sis.. Lin is a pyromancer. They are like us but they use the flames within themselves. So her skills are mainly fire. Lee is a cleric so she’s our healer and Kith’s a knight.”

Irene nodded, “Anything else?”

Rin’s jaw dropped again. Irene was taking this way too calmly and easily, “Kith is the one in your stories?”

“I figured that.” Irene shrugged,

“How?!” Rin’s eyes were so close to pop out, this was totally the opposite of what should be happening.

“Remember when Byuli fainted and Kith carried her all the way back to yours?” Irene reminded and Rin nodded, “No normal guy let alone girl can do that with all those injuries. And also when I was treating her wounds I saw that they were already closing up. Also the blood stains on her shirt were fading as if they were never there.”

Now if Rin had a heart she was sure it would have stopped. But being undead didn’t stop her from being frozen and she was. Irene tried snapping her fingers in front of Rin’s face to wake her but no luck. Waving too.

Moving around the counter, Irene sighed lightly as she turned the stool to face Rin towards her and she cupped the frozen girl’s face which freed her from her frozen mind prison.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Irene finally smiled but it was a hurt smile,

Quickly, Rin pulled Irene close so she could wrap her arms around the girl’s waist, “It’s not that I didn’t want to tell you. Trust me I tried but it’s hard you know? I mean how would you feel if I just came up to you and tell you that I’m thousands of years old, an undead and I go around all over the city killing hollows?”

“Guess that makes sense.” Irene smiled at the pouting girl under her and pinched her nose,

“You… you’re not afraid?” Rin asked carefully,

Irene gave her a reassuring smile and shook her head, “No. At first it was hard to believe it. And I’m a doctor in training so I’ve seen a lot of impossible things. I guess I had time to accept it.”

Rin for the first was quiet and serious as she looked into the girls eyes. Irene smiled and allowed her to stare for as long as she wanted. She knew Rin was searching for something and when Rin found it, she saw the girl finally having that playful smile she loved.

“Cool! Now what’s for dinner chef Bae?” Rin grinned, making Irene laugh and lightly slap her shoulder before heading back to the stove.

Dinner was amazing! Rin had many chefs food but none were close to Irene’s cooking. Rin actually emptied the pot which pleased Irene.

Both were now on the couch cuddling each other with the only source of light was the moon and the light from the kitchen. Not that they mind. Both were comfortable. Both were happy. Well Rin was happier with that smile on her.

“Guess that explains the warmth too.” Irene sighs softly and cuddles closer to Rin’s body,

“It was colder back then than now. Also me being an undead means I’m forever the same.” Rin explained as she started to Irene’s hair softly,

Irene started to feel Rin’s body and no not in a so ual way. (you s). She could feel the tone muscles on the girl. Her arms, shoulder even her neck was firm yet smooth.

It wasn’t until she felt something close to Rin’s chest that she asked, “Is this what you call the DarkSign?”

Sighing, Rin sat up to look at Irene’s eyes and nodded. Irene then asked, “Can I see?”

A mischievous grin came to Rin, “Can’t wait to see this y body?”

Rolling her eyes, Irene pushed Rin lightly and laughed, “Sure. And while I’m at it, I’ll do a full body search too.”

“Ooh! Lets!” Rin started to smile and clap like a child, making Irene burst out laughing.

After Irene had calmed down, Rin got off the couch to open the curtains more, allowing the moonlight to shine through more. For a moment Rin stood there, staring to the moon as it shone brightly.

Irene sat still, letting Rin take her time. She knew it must be the first time Rin has showed her sign. Slowly, she saw Rin take off her leather jacket. Rin wore a shirt that wasn’t too tight but it still showed Rin’s body. Rin then pulled off her shirt and at first Irene thought Rin was braless.

But after a closer look, Irene realized that Rin was wearing bandages around her chest. She watched as Rin just pulled one end out and the whole thing came undone. Slowly Rin turned around and Irene caught her breath.

On Rin’s chest were black roots only as wide as a hand but the way it looked scared Irene. Getting off the couch, Irene reached out her hand and felt the mark. She traced it softly and gently, afraid that it might hurt Rin.

Rin chuckled at how careful Irene was acting, “It’s not as bad as it seems. I don’t feel it. You should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter