Chapter One: That Fateful Day.

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a big auditorium people sat awaiting the breaking news. Souls Co had announced that they finally found a clue to finding humanity after all these years of fruitless efforts.

It was mostly people of higher classes in there. Who had money and names that they were born into.

Standing at the stage was a man no more than twenty-six. Nervous he was but after a few deep breaths, he finally calmed his nerves and spoke:

“Good day ladies and gentlemen. I know it was out of line to call upon all of you suddenly but I know just how much you have waited and searched for this.”

“This thing we humans have longed for so long that we can’t even remember where or who started us on this journey. Suffice to say, I may have perhaps found a way to finally achieving our long last dream.

“I know that everyone here are skeptical minds but I pray that you will be open-minded and willing to hear what I have to say and how I came to this conclusion. And for me to explain it, I need to first ask this obvious question: We all know about the legends about the cursed undead warrior and the dark beast?”

“I know it’s a child’s story that we still tell our children today but I do believe there are some connection from it to humanity. In the story it speaks of the last brave warrior of Gwyn whom became undead at The Great Battle that vanquish the dragons from this lands.”

“That very same warrior who was cast into the Asylum far up to the North and locked away for centuries until finally the Grand Arch of the Grand Archives freed him and set him on a quest to fulfill Lord Gwyn dying wish. To End the Darkness.”

“In the story they also prophecies that an Undead will end the Darkness and gain immortality. Well ladies and gentlemen, there is where I began to think. Why would our forefathers tell us to tell this old tale to our own children when it didn’t exist?”

“Well I think that this undead did fulfilled Lord Gwyn’s dying wish and gain immortality but we need to think how he managed to do it when he was hollowing or somehow resisted turning hollow. Because the only way for an undead to retain their minds were to take a soul of a living being and for them to look as they were once had was to take humanity.”

“And that’s where I realized. Humanity wasn’t an object we all thought it was. It is us. We all have it in us only that it is impossible to gain.”

“Well what if I said that I have found a way to look into it and see if those stories, those very same stories we have being telling for centuries are true. That humanity is the key to gain immortality and that we all have it?”

“Well I have. After years of searching, I have found a way of looking into us without killing or looking into corpses. A way to our undying wish.”

After the man was done, everyone stood up and applauded him while an older man came up to the stage and took the mic, “This my friends is the breakthrough we have been working and sacrificing for. And now it is this close to us.” The elder man gave a small smile while his eyes looked dead.

MoonByul sat in one of her favorite food stall/hiding spots with Irene, one of her closest friends. She was hiding from her father as she knew he wanted her to attend her brother’s presentation on humanity.

Gawd! How many times she heard that word and his obsessiveness about it. Moon Byul’s father and brother both were scientist in a way. They both searched for a way to find what was impossible. As for her mother, she had been lying in hospital for as long as Moon Byul could remember.

“You’re in dreamland…” was what she heard before she finally snapped out of her dazed that she had been in and turn to Irene who looked displeased.

“Seriously if I wanted to be ignored I would have stayed home where I can be alone.” Irene said sarcastically with a smile.

Letting out a small giggle, Moon Byul lightly hit Irene’s arm before smiling, “Sorry. Was thinking about dad and Xiumin.”

Irene’s face softened when she heard this, “Everything alright?”

“No. Xiumin has been working nonstop for dad these past few months and today is the day he was going to announce his findings finally. Dad wanted me to be there but I know he only wanted me to go because of that Thorolund family.” Moon Byul shook her head and sighed.

Irene frowned at this. She had grew up with Moon Byul and knew what her family situation was like. Her mother bedridden in the hospital, her brother struggling to please their father and her father only ever caring about his research. Not to mention his lust for more power.

Irene knew who Moon Byul really was and all but she didn’t care about it. To her this girl in front of her was just a normal twenty-five year old girl who just wanted a simple life: to fall in love and get married. Was that too much to ask?

“Well you’re with me now. And look. Right on time there’s our food.” Irene smiled as the waitress set their foods down in front of them.

Food was what cheered Moon Byul in an instant. It didn’t matter where she ate as long as it tasted good, she was happy. Without wasting even a second Moon Byul dug in a bit too fast because she had to stop and blow her food after burning her tongue.

As the two continued to see, Moon Byul started to look around the stall before her eyes settled on something: someone was more like it. A girl no more older than she was, Moon Byul thought.

She must have been staring at the latter for some time because she heard Irene said, “Like what you see?” snapping her out of stare.

“What?” Moon Byul asked as she quickly swallowed her food,

Motioning with her head, Irene said, “That girl. I heard the shop’s owner said she comes here everyday, ordering the same thing too. I mean she is pretty if you look past the loose clothes and messy hair.”

Rolling her eyes, Moon Byul knew she was being made fun of, “I wasn’t staring at her but at her food. I was just wondering if it was yummy.” Moon Byul looked down to hide her blushes she knew that were showing.

“Why don’t you ask her then?” Irene suggested, earning a look from Moon Byul along with a, “What?”

Smiling innocently, Irene pointed, “Go ask her if it is delicious since she has it everyday.”

“Are you nuts?!” Moon Byul lightly yelled and quickly cleared when everyone expect the girl looked at her,

“No. And it was only a joke.” Irene laughed, “Well too late. She’s left.”

Turning around, Moon Byul saw that Irene was right and when she turned back she saw Irene was a triumphed smiled, “Made you look.”

Spending time with Irene is like being on a roller coaster. Especially when the girl was comfortable with you, she will show you a whole new side to her. Unlike when they first met, Irene was usually quiet, shy and very motherly. Which a lot of men and some women liked but for Moon Byul she was the playful older sister who will do anything to see her sister smile.

Moon Byul smiled as she thought this about Irene. How long they have known each other to know every secret. Well apart of Irene there was Solar, Whee In, Seulgi and the gang.

Moon Byul always commute when she went out. It always buses and train even though she had uncountable cars which

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter