Chapter Two: Our Second Encounter

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene had called Moon Byul to the lower parts of the city which surprised her because they had never went there and knew no one in their right mind would go there unless it was urgent.

The city was divided between the rich and the poor so it was easy to see which the upper part of the city was and which the lower part was.

“So why are we here again?” Moon Byul asked as she sat down at a small run down food stall where Irene had told her to meet her.

“I’m here for my second dinner and was told to bring some friends since I didn’t know this place.” Irene smiled,

“And when was your first dinner? More like who are you meeting here of all places?” Moon Byul looked around her.

“Remember those two girls who rescued you?” Irene asked and Moon Byul nodded, “Well Rin asked me out to dinner which was nice. You won’t believe how cheeky that girl is. Whee In and Hwa Sa have nothing on her. After our first dinner she asked me if we could have another dinner together and suggested it to be here. So I thought why not.”

“And you only invited me?” Moon Byul looked at Irene like she had gone mad,

“Of course not silly.” Irene laughed lightly, “Seulgi is coming too.”

Now Moon Byul believed that her most sensible friend had gone mad. It wasn’t long until Seulgi who too was wondering why they were here of all place.

And when Irene retold her story, unlike Moon Byul, Seulgi said, “You’ve gone mad. Just who or what is this girl who managed to convince you to come here of all places?!”

“That girl.” Irene pointed behind them and both looked to see two beautiful girls walking in with a smile. One Moon Byul recognized, Rin but the other she had no idea but she was pretty.

“Hey gorgeous.” Rin grinned as she sat next to Irene closely. A bit too close but Irene didn’t seemed to mind. “Oh! This is Lee. Our cousin.”

Lee smiled and bowed, “Pleased to meet you all.”

“Same here. I’m Irene and these are my best friends Moon Byul and Seulgi.” Irene pointed out for Lee and Rin.

Rin smiled at the girls before turning her attention back to Irene who just rolled her eyes. Lee on the other hand shook hands with both but her eyes were on Seulgi making the poor girl blush even more than she already was when she saw Lee walk in.

“So what is this place?” Moon Byul asked to save her friend from further embarrassment.

“This is the best food stall in the whole city! You’ll believe me after you had the food here! Uncle! Give me the whole set!” Rin explained then yelled her order at the elder who smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

Lee shook her head but kept her smiled before looking at Moon Byul who returned the look, “Rin told me what happened. I was surprised when they came back so early or late for you. But I’m glad you’re okay now.”

“T-thank you.” Moon Byul looked down a bit. Somehow she felt like Lee could read her mind and know that she really wasn’t. She still had those nightmares but they weren’t as bad as they were before.

Anyone can tell that Rin was interested with Irene as the girl kept teasing and making the girl laugh. Well not only her but everyone laughed at how cheeky Rin was.

Lee on the other hand was open to any question they had which was none so she asked all the questions while opening a bit herself and Rin which made both Seulgi and Moon Byul relaxed even more.

Both thought they will never see anyone who was so beautiful with a motherly feeling to her beside Irene but Lee was a whole new level. She could get them to be open about anything. Moon Byul could tell that Seulgi was interested and would do anything the girl asked her to.

Dinner was delicious which surprised them all. Both Rin and Lee walked the girls back to the train station since it was very late. Time flew when you were with Rin and her nonstop pranks and tease.

Just as they were heading down the street that lead to the train station they heard, “Rin? Lee?”

All turning to see another girl who looked like a mess that could barely stand up. Lee immediately half ran and caught hold of the girl who finally lost her strength to stand.

“Kith! What happened?! Where have you been?!” Rin yelled as she panicked, surprising everyone expect Moon Byul who froze when she saw the girl.

It’s her. Was all she thought as the memory of everything that happened that day replayed in her head.

“Rin, you take them to the station while I get Kith home.” Lee said, as she held Kith who seemed to be gaining her strength back enough to look up in time to see Moon Byul blacking out and about to fall.

As fast as lightning, Kith was already there holding Moon Byul up before the girl could hit the ground, “Oh my god! Byuli!” Irene panicked as she ran to see if the girl was alright.

“She’s.. she’s alright. She just fainted. I think we better get her home since she can’t ride the train like this.” Kith suggested.

Irene followed Rin and Kith back to theirs while Lee followed Seulgi to get her car. Irene watched as Kith carefully laid Moon Byul onto her bed. Despite Kith’s terrible condition she was still able to lift and carry Moon Byul all the way back.

“Rin do you have any first aid kits? I think we should clean Kith’s scratches up before they get infected.” Irene asked and Rin ran to get their first aid along with some towels and cloths.

Kith at first refused Irene’s offer to tend to her but Rin then persuaded her to allow Irene to at least cover the scratches on her arms and face.

Nodding, Kith sat still as Irene started to clean her wounds up before putting oil on it which made Kith hiss in pain, “Sorry.” Irene quickly apologized but continued what she was doing.

Rin the whole time stood by the wall at the kitchen as she watch Irene help Kith in the kitchen table. Smiling, Rin just continued to watch the duo and winked at Irene when the latter looked up at her, making her blushed.

Kith the whole time was silent. Irene noticed that she unlike Rin and the rest was tan with dark hair and dark eyes but there was something about the girl that made you think she was something beyond this world.

After Irene had finished and Kith thanked her and said she was going to rest in Lin’s room since Moon Byul was in hers. Rin nodded and watched Kith leave the kitchen to the rooms. After Kith was out of sight, Rin pulled Irene to their small couch and both sat in silence mostly.

“You okay? You’ve been silent mostly and that’s scary.” Irene teased to lighten the mood up.

Finally smiling, Rin turned to her and scootered closer to the girl before putting her arm around Irene’s shoulders, “Weird right? Just worried. Kith has been acting weird for some time. We were wondering what she has been doing since it’s been five days since we’ve last seen her.”

Irene nodded and rest on Rin’s chest. She didn’t know why but Rin was just too comfortable to be with. She was warm. Too warm. Irene remember asking Rin what she meant what Lin said that they weren’t the once who saved Moon Byul.

Rin told her that the train platform where they found Moon Byul was the one where that body disappeared. It was a huge fuss. Irene remembered watching the news about it.

The train driver had reported that a body came flying out of nowhere and with the damage done to the train and tracks it was true the something huge and strong did impact the train but there was no trace of human DNA on the scene.

A huge black bike parked outside the rundown house and the driver took of the helmet. Rin had called Lin telling her Kith was home and about Moon Byul. Lin raced back, forgetting to finish her work but she didn’t care.

Just as she got off the bike a car came up behind her and she saw Lee get out of the car with a two girls she had never seen before.

“Lin?! Did you just get back?” Lee looked surprised as she went up to the girl who hugged her,

“Yeah. Rin called me and told me Kith was back.” Lin smiled lightly then looked behind Lee to the two standing awkwardly behind them, “And they are?”

Lee smiled and introduced the two, “This is Seulgi. Irene brought her with us to dinner and this is Whee In.”

Lin smiled at the two and shook theirs hands but her eyes lingered secretly on Whee In but quickly said they should go in and see how their friend is.

When they got in they saw both Rin and Irene standing, Irene looked startled while Rin who had her back facing them just turned around and grinned when she saw her sister smirking at them.

“Couldn’t wait for the third dinner?” Lin teased,

Shrugging, Rin kept her grin, “We did set one. Hey Seulgi! A...” Rin looked confused at Whee In who bowed,

“This is Whee In. She was waiting for Seulgi when we got to her place to pick the car.” Lee explained and Rin nodded, “Cool. Kith’s in your room and Moon Byul is in hers.”

Lin nodded and excused herself to her room to check on Kith while the rest went to the room Moon Byul was in only to see the girl just opening her eyes.

“Byuli! Oh my god! Don’t scare me like that again!” Whee In yelled and she hugged Moon Byul who was surprised to see Whee In and where she is.

“You’re at ours. You kinda fainted on us again when you saw how beat up Kith was. Long story and probably better for another day.” Rin smiled and explained when she knew Moon Byul was about to ask what happened.

Slowly Moon Byul remembered what happened and why she fainted, “She’s..”

“Yes. But just take some time to calm down. There is a reason why and how but like Rin said it is best for another day.” Lee smiled motherly and Moon Byul nodded.

Slowly Irene and Whee In helped Moon Byul up and walked her out to the car. Whee In and Moon Byul waited by the car while Irene and Seulgi said goodbye to Rin and Lee.

Rin hugged Irene tightly knowing she confused the girl a lot but whispered that she will explained everything on their next dinner date. Lee smiled tenderly at Seulgi who was still blushing as they said goodbye to each other.

Rin and Lee walked the two to the car and waved them farewell as Seulgi started to turn the engine on. Moon Byul looked out the window and saw the same girl who gave her these nightmares standing by the door.

Arms crossed and a solemn but lonesome and sad smile was on Kith’s face as she watched the car pulled out but it was mostly watching Moon Byul leave.

Lin who stood beside Kith too watched the girls leave but unlike the rest she reti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter