Chapter 1 - Grace Park

Metanoia | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Geez, if one thing that I really hate to do is too introduce myself in front of people. Why we need to properly introduce our self? Too impress others? Well, let me tell you that this people are not amused to know you. They are just following the norm. Sigh, think this is as the last one, Grace.

"Hi, my name is Grace Park, 20 years old from San Francisco and I'm here to learn art." Nice one, babe. Keep it simple and cool and just walk away from this mess. "Well, a simple greeting from you, Miss Park. As you can see Miss Park is our new exchange student from San Francisco. She will be here for one year and hopefully you can get along with her and share your experience with each other." Can she just cut this thing short? I hate getting the attention from others. Especially someone or somewhere I'm not comfortable enough.

"Miss Hye Jung, can I sit now?" I'm giving her a look that you should cut this out and let's start the lesson now. "Oh, yeah I'm sorry, Miss Park, you can sit at any empty desk available." I nodded as a thankful act and walk away towards empty table near the window. As I was walking, something odd caught my sight of vision. That gaze, the same gaze 5 years ago...

5 Years Ago

"Okay guys, for your information I will be your new English teacher, and my name is Daniel Kim. You can call me Sir, Mr. Daniel, anything you comfortable with. As today is the first time, you guys just submit a summary of your own story. You can write whatever you want as long it is short and simple and one more thing, write it from your heart not with your brain, as writing reflect yourself. Alright, 15 minutes is enough right?" Everyone started to pick up their pens to write, while me; I just continue staring outside the window. No words could sum my feelings at that time. I just can't make up any words.

"What are you staring at, kids?" I was really startled by his questions. This is the first time I was caught off guard. I look up towards him and giving him the look can you just mind your own business. I ignore him and continue doing nothing only staring. Suddenly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter