C7 : "I'm sorry, but.."

My Lovely Maid

The next day, Hana went to Infinite apartment as usual. Although her mind was distracted by thousands of problems, she still continued her job. The sound of vacuum roaring in the apartment woke Woohyun from his dream land. He walked to the living room and saw Hana was doing her job. Of course, this time he didn’t forget to wear his shirt. Woohyun coughed to get Hana attention.

"Eo? Woohyun sshi! Sorry. I thought there was no one home. Why do you here?" Hana asked. She switched off the vacuum.

"Why? Isn't this my house?" Woohyun asked Hana back. Hana hissed.

"I mean... Don't you go to your work place? Practicing dance and so on?"

"Why? Do you hate seeing me at home?" Woohyun said it sarcastically.

"Kinda..."

"Mwo?! You little...!" Hana immediately cut Woohyun words.

"Btw, when will the rest of Infinite finish their practice? At what time will they get back?" Woohyun raised his eyebrows upon Hana questions. But, he still answered it.

"I think today they will get home early. Since many of them have individual schedule. Why do you ask?" Hana nodded.

"Do you know where is the nearest mart here?" Once again, Woohyun raised his eyebrows at her question.

 

Hana pushed the trolley around the mart and started searching for ingredient. Woohyun kept fixing his cap to make sure that no one recognize him. It will be a huge mess if his manager or fans found him.

"I told you that you can just stay home. Look at yourself! Act like you have done a big crime or something, covering your face like that." Hana giggled. Woohyun glared towards Hana face.

"Why do you want to buy groceries? It's not like we're going to cook it. We don't have time to do that," He said.

"I’ll cook for you guys. When I was cleaning your kitchen, I saw a lot of instant food. Looks like you guys never had a proper meal before." Hana explained. Somehow, Woohyun felt touched by Hana words.

"So you're worry about us?"

"Kinda.. You reminded me a lot of my younger brother. He eats ramyeon all the time. Besides, Sunggyu oppa is really kind. I sensed a good vibe from him. That's why I want to prepare a proper meal for all of you." Hana said it while choosing the spices.

"Mwo?! Sunggyu oppa?" Woohyun put one of his hands on the waist.

"Yes? Is there something wrong with it?" Hana faced Woohyun.

"Huh! You always called me Woohyun sshi." Woohyun pouted. Hana chuckled. He's cute!

"Well Sunggyu oppa asked me to call him that way. I just follow his order." Hana gave a playful smile.

"Then I want you to call me Woohyun oppa. I'm also older than you!" Woohyun stared Hana. Hana put her hand on chin.

"Hmmm... Never mind. I'm used to call you Woohyun sshi. It will be awkward for me to change it," Hana stuck out her tongue. Merong!

"Yah!"

 

It was already 2 p.m.. Hana quickly cleaned the kitchen after cooking. She had cook samgyetang and kimchi jjigae. Hope they will like it!

"Woohyun sshi, I'll go home now. You should heat it when others get home."

"Nae.. Th-Thank you.." Woohyun felt awkward all of sudden. Hana nodded and went to the front door. Before closing the door, Hana shouted.

"Enjoy the meal!"

 

Hana plopped herself on the couch. She was exhausted after doing all of the house work in Infinite apartment. Hana chuckled. She found it very funny because she never cleaned her own room, and now she was busy cleaning other people rooms.

"Yah Jang Hana!" Minji yelled as she came out from her room. Hana was startled with Minji voice.

"What's wrong?" Hana asked.

"Where have you been?" Minji face turned serious.

"I'm working, of course." Hana replied shortly.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" Hana took out her phone from her jeans.

"Sorry! My phone battery died. Is there something wrong?" Hana felt something was off with Minji behavior.

"Aish this kid! Your mum is ill right now. She admitted into hospital yesterday. I think you should visit her now," Minji explained.

"Omma..." Tears started to fall from Hana eyes. She sat stiffly, still could not believe what she just heard.

"You're joking, right?" Hana started to cry when Minji shook her head.

"Don't worry, Hana. I bet your mum is okay. I booked a flight for you to Jeju next morning. I'm sorry. I really want to go with you, but my boss didn't allow me to. Please send my regards to your family," Hana just nodded. She cried on Minji shoulder.

 

It was night. Hana closed his boss door. She breath out of relief. She was thankful to Jungyeob because letting her to take emergency leave and visit her mum. Her boss was really understanding and he even gave her 1 week break. As she stepped across one room, she heard someone was singing sweetly.

"Ije seoya malhaneyo.. Love you~" Woohyun sang emotionally while playing the keyboard. Hana watched Woohyun singing from the door. His voice... it's really... nice.. Her heart was touched by Woohyun voice.

"Ehem!" Woohyun coughed. Hana was surprised. She didn't realize that Woohyun noticed her.

"Sorry! Please continue your work," Hana quickly bowed and started to walk away but Woohyun called her.

"Ani.. It's okay.. Come here!" Woohyun waved his hand. Hana just followed and stood beside Woohyun who was sitting in front of the keyboard.

"What do you sing just now? It's really good." Hana asked.

"It's one of our songs. The title is Mum." Woohyun explained while focusing to his keyboard. Hana felt like something stuck in . She suddenly remembered her mum. I hope that mum is all right. She prayed.

"Do you want to listen to the whole song?" Woohyun asked and looked Hana in her eyes. Hana nodded with a smile on her face.

"Sit here." Woohyun patted the seat beside him. Hana just followed without objection.

Woohyun started playing the keyboard. His unique voice and the sound of keyboard played melodiously, filled the room. Hana fell into the song. The song reminded her a lot about her mother.

 

INFINITE – MOM (엄마)

How should I start

this awkward confession?

What I’ve been foolishly

and inconsiderately pushing away

 

I thought it was okay to be like that

because I didn’t know you were in pain

Next time, next time,

I pushed it back

 

And now I finally tell you Love you,

I really wanted to tell you, I love you

Common words, but words I never told you

Because you’re always close by and said it’s OK,

 

I thought it was okay For you,

I’ve only been receiving for all this time Song for you,

I want to give it to you, who has suffered

Though I missed you,

though I wanted to hear from you,

just as always, I’m late again

 

What I received by begging you when I was a child,

Like the toys

As if it was mine,

I thought it was natural to receive your love

 

Now I will give it back to you Love you,

I really wanted to tell you, I love you

Common words but words I never told you

Because you’re always close by and said it’s OK,

 

I thought it was okay For you,

I’ve only been receiving for all this time Song for you,

I want to give it to you, who has suffered

Though I missed you,

though I wanted to hear from you,

just as always, I’m late again

 

Even if the world press me,

even when I feel like I’m all alone

It was always unchanging,

the love you showed to me

I’ll change now,

I’ll be better

 

Love you,

I really wanted to tell you, I love you

Common words but words I never told you

Because you’re always close by and said it’s OK,

 

I thought it was okay For you,

I’ve only been receiving for all this time Song for you,

I want to give it to you, who has suffered

Though I missed you,

though I wanted to hear from you,

just as always, I’m late again..

 

Hana shedded tears as she listened to the song. She immediately wiped her tears when Woohyun finished singing.

"Nice song," Hana praised sincerely.

"Thanks. So, all of that is 200 000 Won," Woohyun smirked.

"Mwo? What do you mean?" Hana widen her eyes.

"My performance payment."

"You're so cheap!" Hana pouted.

"Yah! You had just watched one of the famous idol performance. So, you need to pay." He crossed his arm and sat arrogantly.

"Never!" Hana stood up but Woohyun pushed her shoulder and made her sat again.

"I'm just kidding, okay? I don't know that you're that stingy," Woohyun teased Hana.

"Excuse me? I'm not!" Hana glared.

Woohyun laughed as he loved to make fun of Hana.

"Btw, thank you for the meal. It's really delicious and we all enjoyed it."

"You're welcome," Hana smiled. Suddenly, Woohyun recalled something. He started to feel nervous but he really wanted to know. He took a deep breath and gathered his courage.

"Hana sshi.." Woohyun called Hana with a low voice.

"Yes?" Hana raised her eyebrows. Waiting for Woohyun to finish his words.

"I'm sorry, but... I have to do this.."

"Eo? Do what?" Hana couldn't finish her words when she suddenly felt warmed on her lips.

Woohyun closed his eyes as he kissed Hana on the lips. Hana was shocked with the sudden kiss. She didn't even react to the kiss, or pushed him away. Her body was stiff like a statue while her mind went blank. She didn't understand this whole situation.