Confession

Leader X Maknae: A Series of JiTzu Oneshots
 
 
Summary: In which Jihyo is oblivious and Tzuyu can't seem to get the words right.
 
 

 
 
"YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH JI—"
 
With lightning fast reflexes, the maknae jumped off her bed, clamping a hand on each of her roommates' mouths before they could utter another word. "Are you trying to announce it to the whole world?" she hissed, sending glares at the two rappers who could only tremble in fear. With a sigh, she released her grip on the older girls before taking a seat in her bed, eyes downcast. "Is it that shocking to know that I'm in love with Jihyo unnie?" she asked, her voice quiet, sighing when the duo failed to respond.
 
Tzuyu had expected them to act like this and she can't blame them. She too had been in a lot of denial when she had finally figured out hat her feelings towards their tiny leader weren't just platonic. Not to mention the fact that the older girl was her first love, the first time she's ever felt that way towards a person. It had taken her a lot of contemplating and sleepless nights before she even had the guts to get this far. So to see her best friends react this way, really hurt the younger girl's feelings.
 
"It's not like that Tzuyu-ah," Chaeyoung said as she moved to join the younger girl on the bed. "It's just that when you came to us saying that you needed to confess to someone, we didn't expect it to be Jihyo unnie." Dahyun nodded before taking a seat on Tzuyu's other side. "Especially since you spend half the time roasting her or turning down her affections," the tofu-like girl said. "Not to mention the fact that Jihyo unnie is the definition of an angel. Kind, sweet, caring. While you're...." she trailed off, before shooting a look at Chaeyoung, asking the younger for help. "The devil incarnate," Chaeyoung ended with a chuckle, earning a slap to the head from the oldest and a glare from the youngest.
 
"That's not what I meant," Dahyun sighed, when she felt the maknae's change of mood. "Anyways, why don't you just confess?" she asked, trying to get them back on track, but Tzuyu merely looked down at her fidgeting fingers. "I've tried. But every time I'm around her, I end up get this weird feeling and end up doing something stupid." she explained, wincing slightly at the memory of her past failures. A loud snigger snapped the maknae out of her thoughts. "Who knew the goddess Tzuyu had such a side to her. Wait till I tell the others." Tzuyu narrowed her eyes at her, hissing. "You little—"
 
In an instant, Chaeyoung's tackled to the ground and so was Dahyun, Tzuyu's strong grip trapping them and preventing their escape. With a yelp, they face Tzuyu wrath, screaming apologies as they struggled to escape her clutches. "It's fun teasing me isn't it?" she hissed and the duo could only pray. They're prepared for the worse, but a heavenly voice appeared in time to save them from their imminent deaths. "Is everything alright in here?" Tzuyu froze as she heard the voice, allowing the duo to escape her wrath. 
 
When Jihyo stepped through the door, she definitely wasn't expecting to have the two shortest members hide behind her as the youngest stayed frozen on the floor. "What's going on?" Jihyo asked with a laugh, used to the maknae lines weird antics. Tzuyu doesn't miss the evil glint in their eyes or the exchange of smirks between the two rappers. Don't you dare, she mouthed with a glare but they ignore the warning and do it anyways.
 
"Jihyo unnie," Dahyun started with a sickeningly sweet tone that could have made Tzuyu barf. ""Tzuyu here," Chaeyoung continued, motioning at the maknae, "has something to tell you." I hate you, the maknae mentally cursed her roommates. "What is it Tzuyu?" Jihyo stares at her worriedly as the two behind her silently cackle and Tzuyu could feel her lips go dry, butterflies filling her stomach in an instant.
 
"I-I..." she stuttered, sending a look at the rappers. Just do it, Chaeyoung mouthed back. Or we'll do it for you, Dahyun sends her a smirk. She's at a lost for words. A part of her wants simply to spit out the words and confess there and then, but another side of her is worried about risking the bond she already shares with the leader. She doesn't get a chance to decide as Dahyun speaks up before she could form the right words. "She thinks you're pretty—"
 
"Annoying."
 
Idiot, she mentally groaned as the rappers facepalmed behind the leader. You're an idiot, Chou Tzuyu. "I mean," she tried to save herself, "you are pretty but still kinda annoying you know. And yeah." Tzuyu just clamped up, wanting nothing than just burying herself in a hole there and then. However, Jihyo, being the angel that she was, simply laughed it off, smiling softly at the maknae. 
 
"I'm guessing that's the sweetest thing you're ever going to say to me," Jihyo said before standing on her toes and reaching up to ruffle the younger girl's hair. "You're so cute, Tzuyu-ah." It took a few minutes for the leader to calm down before she took her leave, leaving a red-faced maknae to fend for herself against the two grinning rappers.
 
"Hey Tzuyu, remember that tingling feeling you mentioned earlier?" Chaeyoung quipped when the coast was clear. "I think that's your common sense leaving your body." She was greeted by a pillow to the face, courtesy of the youngest who could only groan and bury her face into her pillow. "What am I going to do unnie?" she muttered, the sad tone in her voice planting guilt in the two spectators. "Should I just give up?" Seeing the depressed figure, Dahyun turned to Chaeyoung, communicating with their eyes. 
 
"We'll help you,' Dahyun stated, full of determination with Chaeyoung agreeing by her side. Raising her head, Tzuyu shot them an skeptical look. "How?" she questioned, trying to read the older girls. "Just trust us Tzuyu and we'll do the rest." Tzuyu was doubtful, she's tried numerous times but each attempt only came to an unfruitful end. It took some convincing before they finally managed to get her to agree and sent her off to sleep. 
 
"I don't like that look on your face," Chaeyoung whispered to avoid waking the maknae, staring warily at the older girl. "What do you have in mind?" Dahyun motioned for them to step outside before speaking. "A month supply of chocopie says that I'll manage to get Tzuyu to confess," Dahyun offered, initiating a bet that could possibly end their lives if Tzuyu were to find out. "Are we really betting on Tzuyu's love life?" Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow, wary of the risk they were taking.
 
"Is little Chaeyoungie too scared?" Dahyun jeered, making chicken noises to mock the shorter girl who merely scoffed in response. "Getting ahead of yourself already? I bet ten new sketchbooks that I will instead," she stated, putting her hand out which Dahyun took, sealing their deal.
 
"Then let the best man win."
 

-------------------
 

It was just another normal day in the waiting room.
 
Nayeon and Jeongyeon were off in a corner, arguing about Nayeon's odd love for her rabbit plushies and the need for Jeongyeon to greet them. Mina was brooding by a window with Momo eating by her side while Sana chased Dahyun around the room, hoping to plant a kiss on the tofu-like girl's soft cheeks. And Jihyo, being the ever so hardworking leader that she was, was off practising the choreography on her own, wanting to perfect her already polished moves which she had only learnt a week prior to their comeback. It was perfectly normal; to their standards at least.
 
Having had school earlier that day, Chaeyoung could only sleepily lounge on the couch, lazily scanning the room for any interesting sights. What's this? She grinned as she watched her fellow 99-liner. Tzuyu had her eyes locked on the leader, watching her hips move as she went through their choreography.
 
Jihyo was attractive, it was a fact Chaeyoung couldn't deny. The older girl had been blessed with a heart of gold and curves in all the right places; and Chaeyoung could see why the maknae had become so smitten with the leader.
 
"You might want to wipe that drool off your chin Tzuyu," the rapper teased as she took a seat by the taller girl's side. Tzuyu jumped, startled from getting caught, knocking her knee against the table in front of her. The maknae could look down in embarrassment when Jihyo stopped practising to shoot her a worried look, earning laughter from the shortest member. "Shush Chaeng," Tzuyu hissed, still red from the incident. "Just confess already. I'll be here to help you anyways," Chaeyoung casually stated and Tzuyu shot her a look.
 
"And why would you be so willing to help me?" Chaeyoung gulped, nervously laughing. "Someone has to get rid of this ," Chaeyoung joked, hoping to divert suspicion and careful not to mention the bet. But that only prompted Tzuyu to nearly strangle her there and then. Thankfully, a knock on the door stole her attention away from the short rapper as a handsome young man stepped into the room, bowing politely at its occupants. "Annyeonghaseyo. Is Jihyo here?"
 
"Seokmin-ah. What are you doing here?" Jihyo exclaimed in joy at the sight, earning looks from the rest of the members. Seokmin? Even Chaeyoung was surprised by how casual was with the Seventeen member. She took a glance at the girl beside her, noting the clenched jaw and hint of envy in the girl's eyes.
 
"You have to admit; they do look good together," Sana stated as she and Dahyun made their way towards the 99-liners. "And he's close to Jihyo's ideal type too. Tall, charming, caring, handsome too," she continued to compliment the male, seemingly unaware of the fuming youngest. "Remember when they had their duet? I swear they're a match made in heaven." That did it for Tzuyu. 
 
The trio went quiet as Tzuyu stomped over to where the leader was, taking hold of her wrist and spinning her around to face her. "Tzuyu?" Jihyo was stsrtled by the maknae's behaviour. "I have something to confess," she began. But when Jihyo stared up at her, the nervous feeling returned and she found herself unable to get the words through. "Unnie, I-I'm..."
 
Come on Tzuyu. No, Tzuyu, came the thoughts of the two rappers. "I'm sorry," she muttered, her voice cracking slightly before she sprinted out of the room, leaving the occupants frozen in shock. "Tzuyu-ah!" Jihyo cried out after the younger girl before turning to their guest. "I'm sorry Seokmin but my maknae needs me." When the man nodded, she took off after the younger girl. The occupants returned to work a moment later when the tension disappeared and DK made his way towards the three girls, Chaeyoung staring in confusion.
 
"Sorry Dahyun-ah. Guess she was still a little to afraid to confess," DK apologised, earning a shocked look from the group's rapper and a grin from the other. "It's alright oppa," Dahyun reassured. "Thanks for your help. And yours too Sana unnie." The male shot her a smile before taking his leave and Sana soon left the two to join her fellow Japanese members, giving Chaeyoung the chance to speak to Dahyun in private.
 
"What was that Kim Dahyun?" Chaeyoung growled at her best friend, irritated at the turn of events. "Me close to winning this bet," the older girl replied. "But that's cheating!" she protested, finding it unfair that Dahyun had help.  But Dahyun seemed unaffected. "Hey, there weren't any rules remember;" she reminded, a smirk for,ing on her lips. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a bet to win."
 
Chaeyoung could only mentally curse the older girl. Now, she was more determined to win the bet. Watch out Dahyun unnie, she thought as she watched the tofu-like girl joking around with Sana.
 
Two could play that game.
 

-------------------
 

"Unnie," Tzuyu called out to the figure in front of her. "I-I..." she stuttered out, taking a breath to calm her nerves. 
 
"Can't do this." 
 
Tzuyu tore her gaze away from the mirror unable to face her reflection any longer. She looked too much like a loser. No, she was a loser. "Should I just give up?" she quietly mumbled. Taking a seat on her bed, she buried her face in her hands in frustration. She began thinking through her choices but it was difficult especially with how her roommate was shaking her head at her from across the room. 
 
"So you're just going to give up on your first love just like that? What happened to the Chou Tzuyu I used to know." Tzuyu kept mum, letting Chaeyoung sass her for her failures. "I heard that she's going out to meet DK sunbaenim later." Tzuyu felt her heart drop, but she still kept to herself. "If you don't make a move soon, you're going to lose your chance." The truth hurt and Tzuyu couldn't contain herself any longer. 
 
"If you have nothing nice to say, please leave me alone," Tzuyu finally snapped. She doesn't get why Chaeyoung was acting like that. And although she's grateful for the help, she's had enough. Chaeyoung on the other hand was surprised but simply nodded, making her way out the door and shooting the younger girl a apologetic look before closing the door behind her. Sure she felt guilty putting pressure on Tzuyu like this. Sorry Tzuyu-ah but I have to do this.
 
Back in the room, Tzuyu curled up on her bed, feeling her heart shatter. How was she supposed to compete with a guy like Dokyeom. She wasn't even sure if the leader was gay, definitely not with the way she usually acted. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't even notice that someone was stepping into the room until she heard the door creak open; and thinking it was Chaeyoung, shouted for the girl to 'just leave her alone.' "I would but I'm not Chaeyoung," the voice replied, too low to be the rapper's and she slowly turned back to face the intruder. 
 
"Then who... Oh Jihyo unnie." she mumbled when she noticed the familiar brown eyes staring down at her. Jihyo gave her a small smile before joining her on the bed. Tzuyu simply shifted to the side to give the older girl more space then turned to face the wall so that she wouldn't have to face her. "You haven't been yourself lately," Jihyo said, slipping her arms around the maknae's waist and resting her head against Tzuyu's back. 
 
Tzuyu stiffened, her heart thumping against her chest and she was a secretly glad that the older girl couldn't see her blushing face. But Jihyo seemed unaware of the maknae's plight. "You know you could always come to me if something is bothering you right?" Not this, Tzuyu thought but she nodded anyways. "Thank you unnie," she whispered as she felt the leader move away, secretly disappointed by the loss of warmth.
 
"If there isn't anything, I'll take my leave," Jihyo announced and Tzuyu finally faced the older girl, sitting up to take a glance at her. "Are you going somewhere unnie?" she asked, noting how the older girl was dressed. Jihyo answered with a hum. "I have to meet up with someone." And Tzuyu's heart befell as Chaeyoung's voice came resounding in her head. 
 
I heard that she's going out to meet DK sunbaenim later. 
 
Her body moved on its own, her arm shooting out to grab onto Jihyo's wrist, preventing her from leaving. "Please don't go unnie," she pleaded, unable to hold back any longer. "Tzuyu-ah. What's wrong?" Jihyo stammered, surprised to see this side of the maknae. "I just don't like seeing you around him," she admitted before taking a deep breath. This is it. Here goes nothing.
 
"If I tell you I-I care about you… Would you laugh at me?” she asked, a sudden surge of confidence giving her what she needed to confess. "Because I really like you and it's ok if you don't feel the same. I just wanted to let you know if you felt the same." However, Jihyo didn't reply, remaining frozen before choosing instead to turn her gaze to the floor. And Tzuyu felt as though the world was crashing down on her. Looks like I'm too late. 
 
She pulled her hand away, letting it fall to her side. Rejection hurts. Putting on a fake smile, she congratulated the older girl. "I'm guessing you're with someone else huh? I hope you're both happy together." She took a step back, ready to bolt out of the room. However she never got the chance to, as Jihyo made a move. Tzuyu shut her eyes, expecting a slap to the face from the older girl; but it never came.
 
"I love you too," Jihyo confessed, cupping the Tzuyu's cheek as the younger girl simply stared, dumbfounded by the news. "You do?" she sputtered and Jihyo nodded, giggling at her reaction. "YES!" she cheered, picking up her now girlfriend and spinning her around, eliciting laughter form the older girl.
 
"So you're not dating DK sunbaenim?" Tzuyu asked as she set the older girl back on her feet, just to be sure. "The last time I checked, we were just friends. Where did you even get that idea from?" Jihyo replied and Tzuyu made a mental note to strangle her roommates later.
 
"I just can't believe it," Tzuyu grinned. "I can kiss you right? You won't punch me in the face? Because I really want to kiss you but I won't if you'll hit me," she babbled, worried about making a mistake and losing her first love. "Come here you idiot," Jihyo laughed before standing on her toes and pressing her lips against Tzuyu's. What did I do to deserve this? The younger girl swore she saw fireworks as she pulled the leader closer to deepen the kiss, wanting nothing more than for that moment to last.
 
"KIM DAHYUN, I WON!" The shout surprised the new couple causing them to jump apart. Peeking into the corridor, they watched as the rappers argued between themselves."No you didn't. She confessed on her own, so none of us won," Dahyun reasoned, not wanting to lose the bet, or her money. "She did with my help. So pay up'," Chaeyoung countered, not planning to stand down. The duo however, were completely unaware of the couple spying on them and continued their argument. 
 
There was a sudden chill down the rappers spine and they turned back to see Tzuyu staring down at them, a sickeningly sweet smile on her face. "So what is this about a bet?" she asked, the coldness of her tone not matching the smile on her face. Terrified, they turned to the leader for help, eyes pleading for the older girl to save them from Tzuyu's wrath. But Jihyo was equally as unamused as the maknae, her halo seemingly replaced by two horns as she glared at the duo.
 
"IT WAS DAHYUN UNNIE'S IDEA!" Chaeyoung shouted, throwing her best friend under the bus as she made her escape. Dahyun nervously chuckled, gulping when she saw the dark aura that surrounded the two. "Did you hear that? I think that was Sana unnie looking for me," she stammered before speeding off towards the other room. "GET BACK HERE YOU TWO!" Tzuyu screamed after them, ready to give chase but was stopped before she could.
 
"Let them run," Jihyo said, taking Tzuyu's hand in hers to stop her from going after the rappers. "Why don't you go get changed and we can go out on a date before we kill the together?" We, Tzuyu liked the sound of that. She nodded in agreement looking down at their intertwined hands, admiring how well they fit with each other.
 
"I would like that very much."
 
 

A/N: As requested by Moonbyulisbae. (Sorry it took this long)
 
So... I was going to update this fic a while back ago, but being the genius that I am, I deleted the thing before I could post it and had to rewrite the whole thing from scratch. :'(
So I'm sorry this update isn't as good as the others and I'll try to improve in any way possible.
 
In other news, I have one last AS paper somewhere this week. And hopefully I can update the fic slightly more often-ly before my A2 is Oct.
 
Anyways, thanks for waiting and feel free to leave any request or criticisms in the comments below. :)